Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Araby es near... Will Smith as a possible LL :D

Comments

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,785Registered Users
    This does NOT have my consent. Call in the witch hunter
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,618Registered Users
    lol yasmins clothing looks terrible, I think the whole cast looks terrible D:

and jaffar looks like a nice guy who couldnt harm a fly, what the hell am I looking at!
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 771Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Well the new Jasmine probably has the worst princess dress that Disney has even come up with. There is no point to most of these remakes. I mean The Jungle Book needed to be remade because of a dated segregation plotline, and Dumbo definitely needed to be rebooted because of some awkward characters and the glorification of circus life. Since when did the likes of Aladdin and the Beauty and the Beast need a remake.

Anyway on to the topic, with all these DLC delays Araby is clearly not going to come out in time for the movie. More likely we would end up with something released around October, and any capitalization of the movie will be missed.
    Unless of course CA surprises us and releases a campaign/race pack a month or two after the lord pack.
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 2,852Registered Users
    I would like to see Araby. Golden sands, lamps and jinns. It could be quite magical. Arabyan nights and sleep inducing music.

Probably one of the most enchanting DLC.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 296Registered Users

I would like to see Araby. Golden sands, lamps and jinns. It could be quite magical. Arabyan nights and sleep inducing music.

Probably one of the most enchanting DLC.

It's a goldmine DLC and CA is ignoring it.
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 711Registered Users
    Nah, not ignoring it. GDubs is probably hesitant on giving the green light on Araby.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 551Registered Users
    edited January 12
    I want an Araby DLC even more than DoW but that new Aladdin movie just looks terrible so far.

Whole cast seems out of place.

Nah, not ignoring it. GDubs is probably hesitant on giving the green light on Araby.

You mean when GW apparently hated the old Warhammer Fantasy world so much that they killed off the world and now have all the non-chaos humans be in souped, pulled-out-the-***, generic cultures like in pathfinder because now they don't like anything resembling a real world culture. Oh, and copyright obsession crap.

Yeah that is a probable reason.
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users
    Jesus.
    Wrong site, maybe close?
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,518Registered Users
    Araby DLC?

AAY DAT'S HOT!

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • SaitohSaitoh Posts: 166Registered Users

You mean when GW apparently hated the old Warhammer Fantasy world so much that they killed off the world and now have all the non-chaos humans be in souped, pulled-out-the-***, generic cultures like in pathfinder because now they don't like anything resembling a real world culture. Oh, and copyright obsession crap.

Yeah that is a probable reason.
    Can't copyright real life. It's why Brettonia, Araby, Southern Realms, Cathay, and even Tomb Kings have fallen out of favor.
    Saitoh said:

Can't copyright real life. It's why Brettonia, Araby, Southern Realms, Cathay, and even Tomb Kings have fallen out of favor.

Now I have this feeling that we really are going to get Amazons as the next race pack, as very unlikely as it is, providing that we are getting extra WH2 DLC.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Posts: 1,054Registered Users
    Araby would be amazing.
    I hope for DoW/southern realms and Araby before Warhammer 2 is done.

I do NOT hope for Will Smith as a genie.
    DarkLordD said:

This does NOT have my consent. Call in the witch hunter

Wise words!

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,450Registered Users

Well the new Jasmine probably has the worst princess dress that Disney has even come up with. There is no point to most of these remakes. I mean The Jungle Book needed to be remade because of a dated segregation plotline, and Dumbo definitely needed to be rebooted because of some awkward characters and the glorification of circus life. Since when did the likes of Aladdin and the Beauty and the Beast need a remake.

Anyway on to the topic, with all these DLC delays Araby is clearly not going to come out in time for the movie. More likely we would end up with something released around October, and any capitalization of the movie will be missed.
    Unless of course CA surprises us and releases a campaign/race pack a month or two after the lord pack.

CA was able to Vampire Coast DLC around the time of Halloween, and maybe it was one the main reasons why CA had delay a missing lords pack to do it, but with CA focusing mostly on Total War: Three Kingdoms right now, CA would likely not be able to release Araby DLC around the time of the new Aladdin movie, even if CA was liking to do it.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,165Registered Users
    This thread needs exterminatus.
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,200Registered Users
    Nonsense, we need fishmen. Why would CA go for factions that everyone wants when they can spend more on obscure races and leave the important ones out?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 10,872Registered Users
    Movie doesn't interest me, but I don't see the reason to hate on it before it's out.

Anyway Araby would be awesome. I want, give me.
    KronusX said:

Nonsense, we need fishmen. Why would CA go for factions that everyone wants when they can spend more on obscure races and leave the important ones out?

Have you seen Aquaman!? Go see it, you'll want them.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,165Registered Users

Movie doesn't interest me, but I don't see the reason to hate on it before it's out.

Have you seen Aquaman!? Go see it!

I agree with Gorilla, with the above alterations.
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 296Registered Users

Nah, not ignoring it. GDubs is probably hesitant on giving the green light on Araby.</blockquote

It's a fantasy faction just as Cathay, Ind and Nippon are.

Araby must come. Without this, say bye bye to those three factions.

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 581Registered Users

KronusX said:

Have you seen Aquaman!? Go see it, you'll want them.
    Eh - it's just that these live-action remakes are just really derivative and pointless apart from generating safe money for Disney. I'm a grown-ass man; I don't go around being angry about children's movies, but I'd rather sit kids down to see the original Disney cartoon Aladdin than this new live action one (not that it's the "original", Aladdin is a classic fairytale, of course.)
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 10,550Registered Users, Moderators
    Moved.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Moved.

But this is general Warhammer chat? Can the forum rules please be elaborated so that you yourself aren’t working so much to close everything?