Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A question and plead for victory results (Bretonnia)

DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,989Registered Users
Hello my good warhammer friends, how are you all doing today ? its weekend again and I hope a lot of you will have some good warhammer time coming up !

I will come straight to the point, victories like 'close victory' 'Heroic victory' are so inaccurate, but we already knew that ! The problem is that for Bretonnia you (used to?, come back to this later) need a heroic victory in order to receive the almighty blessing of the fairest maiden there is, The lady of the lake (with a 20% physical resistance for all of your army, I would say that is DEFINITELY worth your while). This really need a look over, otherwise it gets kind of hard receiving this blessing. Also for some bonus objectives (out of my head, Heinrich Kemmler has one) you need to get 1 heroic victory in order to complete the bonus objective, but it gets so hard if those conditions are not clear to HOW to get a heroic victory. So I hope CA will look into this one day, I get a tiny but upset if I see in my screen once again 'close victory' while I though I did so well :( makes me feel I don't deserve that extra dessert in the night after my dinner !

Anyways, the blessing of the lady. Has it changed ? I received it after doing 3 battles in 1 turn with 1 army and all where normal victories, yet I still received the lady her blessing. Mind you this was in the beginning of the campaign (turn 8) or so and makes me wonder if it was a 'introduction' blessing to make you familiar with the race like they mostly do with every race when you start a new campaign or has this been changed and you no longer need a heroic victory to receive the lady her blessing ? (or am I just so true of heart she bestowed it upon me right away ? also an option !) Can you now get the blessing without earning a heroic victory ?

I thank you all for hanging on to this point, and as always I appropriate any reaction and overall reading my posts and showing of support. I have to say I am really happy my 'you most favorite' post are doing so well, I have a WHOLE list I am going to introduce each week, I can't wait for all your people responses ^^ I love interacting with all of you, my online community warhammer friends :)

Have a great weekend everyone !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,989Registered Users
    And as always,

FOR THE LADY !!

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users
    In tww1 it not requir heroic victory. Where you get this? 1.5 year passed since tww2 coming.

In tww1 it not requir heroic victory. Where you get this? 1.5 year passed since tww2 coming.

Hmmm, I really got it into my head you needed a heroic victory in order to get the blessing, are you sure about it ?

When do you get it then ?

• Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 956Registered Users
    i think it is just rng, but the betetr the vicotry the chances are greater.
    edited January 12

Alright! Thanks my Bretonnian friend:)

Somehow it always got in my head that you needed a heroic victory for that ! How I got with that idea I don't know.... most likely because of all the tournament's I use to participate in, one day I got this lance right up my head ... was the last time I joined a tourment after years and years or success. The common rabble LOVED me you know!

• AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    pretty sure i got it several times with easy victories, it's random.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 882Registered Users
    Victory types make no real sense as they are.

Victories should only be called "pyrrhic" if over 50% of your units are actually eradicated or damaged to the point of no return.

There is nothing pyrrhic about suffering 50-75% losses in a few stacks. That's often the most heroic and successful of battles. Some races will recuperate in practically a single turn.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 6,142Registered Users

This is correct
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    That's good to hear, so it can always happen then ! That is nice.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member Posts: 1,041Registered Users

In the pre-release hype and/or patch notes it was stated that you would need to achieve a heroic victory to obtain the blessing. It was never implemented that way in the live release.

I've always received the blessing with my starting army after a few turns of farming the orc rebellions. It's either random, based on the number of victories or given after a battle large enough to leave a battle site marker; I'm unsure which.
    DarkLordD said:

That's good to hear, so it can always happen then ! That is nice.

Yeah atleast on d.victory+. Always been like that.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    I thought it was that you need a heroic victory as well.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

See ! I am not that crazy then ! It got stuck with me as well that that was the requirement.

edited January 13
    Canuovea said:

Heroic victory may give 100% chance to get it. Not sure though as i may recall a heroic victory where i didnt get it.

I get the blessing kinda often on desisive victory