Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Royal Hippogryph Knights

124»

Comments

• Green0Green0 Posts: 4,634Registered Users
    in tabletop Dragons had infinite breath attacks up to 7th actually.
  • ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Wyvern2 said:

Polearms are god awful for their cost, outside of dropping their price to like 450-475(the unit is legitimately not worth more than that atm), they either need a significant boost to LD or combat stats. Compare them to Eternal Guard with shields and the gap between the two units is depressing. Hell, empire halberds are in a much stronger position for their cost and they could still use a tweaking.

Ehm, I think you go overboard when you compare peasants and Elven warriors with decades and centuries of expirience. Price drop - sure but same stats as EG - no.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,416Registered Users
    edited January 14
    Green0 said:

This is not correct.

But if it was my point is still the same, it draws directly from the limit from tt with1 breath attack per battle (even if it was juat in 8th editiob, which it wasnt as i saif above). Dragons would be better balanced with 1 more powerful breath attack.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    edited January 14

Green0 said:

This is not correct.

But if it was my point is still the same. Dragons would be better balanced with 1 more powerful breath attack.
    what? I am too lazy to find a reference but I'm 95% sure, you could breathe each turn if you weren't in melee.

I mean, what would Dragons even be if only 1 breath per game, Zombie dragon had Str. 2 breath with no armor save. 1 per game of that? Sounds pretty weak no?
  • ystyst Posts: 5,686Registered Users

Ehm, I think you go overboard when you compare peasants and Elven warriors with decades and centuries of expirience. Price drop - sure but same stats as EG - no.

Thats not really how things suppose to be, theres lore, then theres the real game.

I mean just take a look at slann. Maz can literally turn archaon into dusts without even blinking. Theres a reason why liz were never ever in contact with the rest of the warhammer factions other than killing endless waves of ratmen and chaos demons. Theres an extreme lore gap between them and the rest of the world. Anerion needs a bloody godsword to kill a dozen greater demons, kroak killed millions. Liz soloed the entire chaos invasion.

- After a thousand years of battle, only a handful of temple-cities stood, each a bastion protected by the greatest of the remaining Slann.

They fought for thousands of years, more than the entire elven existence. So what r they in this game? some bloody fat toad with magic prowess equal of a damsel lol.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
    Green0 said:

Green0 said:

This is not correct.

But if it was my point is still the same. Dragons would be better balanced with 1 more powerful breath attack.
    what? I am too lazy to find a reference but I'm 95% sure, you could breathe each turn if you weren't in melee.

I mean, what would Dragons even be if only 1 breath per game, Zombie dragon had Str. 2 breath with no armor save. 1 per game of that? Sounds pretty weak no?
    It was how the tt worked but i mean you only had like 5 turns anyway and you could use the breath even if engaged in melee (only 1 time though).

Anyway i think that having a real alpha strike breath on dragons could work in total war. But it is just a minor thing. I kinda want the breath attack to be stronger yet flying units cant be to strong...
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • ArchonPrimeArchonPrime Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    edited January 16
    oh ****,magical girl Lord Mazdamundi
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,308Registered Users
    100 comment !

• Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,728Registered Users
    i beg your pardon, some mere talking lizards are no match for the servants of ze Ladi!
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

This is not correct.

It was how the tt worked but i mean you only had like 5 turns anyway and you could use the breath even if engaged in melee (only 1 time though).

Anyway i think that having a real alpha strike breath on dragons could work in total war. But it is just a minor thing. I kinda want the breath attack to be stronger yet flying units cant be to strong...
    Dragon breaths can't be more powerful. They already annihilate pretty much everything except single models, which is precisely what they did before with toxic effects.
    edited January 21
    Pocman said:

Green0 said:

Green0 said:

This is not correct.

Dragon breaths can't be more powerful. They already annihilate pretty much everything except single models, which is precisely what they did before with toxic effects.
    I kinda agree. Maybe just 1 breath but wider. Really punish blobbing.
    breaths are fine now, don’t touch them again.
    Why tf are we talking about breath ?

this thread has reached a low of replies anyway, feel free to resume the debate on RHK though.
    Green0 said:

this thread has reached a low of replies anyway, feel free to resume the debate on RHK though.

Haha ik I was just wondering why

Green0 said:

breaths are fine now, don’t touch them again.

It isnt at the top of my list.

As for RHK they should be fewer models.
  • another505another505 Posts: 871Registered Users
    Yea thry should have 3 like chariots
    Makes no sense chariots have so little model compare to these rare beast

Would be a very good buff
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,728Registered Users

Yeah the best buff ic an think of.

More models = more dmg becasue more space to land a hit for inf etc.

That would solve probably all their current problems.

Yeah the best buff ic an think of.

More models = more dmg becasue more space to land a hit for inf etc.

That would solve probably all their current problems.
    Yup.
  • GriffithxiGriffithxi Posts: 455Registered Users
    Not a star dragon but in my test they beat a moon dragon(2000 cost) who got its breath off without losing a model.
    (I did have to force them to surround)