Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA communication on 3K versus Total War Warhammer

KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,204Registered Users
edited January 12 in Rants and Raves
3k:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/aew69g/total_war_three_kingdoms_a_heros_journey_trailer/edt73w5/

''

Total War Warhammer

''The team are definitely proving they’re well worth their salt’''

Classic CA

Comments

• Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 776Registered Users
    To be fair, unlike other issues, they did want to keep the vampire coast as a surprise.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Posts: 458Registered Users
    Could you try and reformat in a way where this actually makes sense? Because right now all I get from this is that you're angry over something that CA of course did entirely wrong.

But that's like shouting "THIS DAY ENDS IN THE LETTER Y!!!" in a booming voice, as if proclaiming something profound. Currently half the people posting on this board appear to be angry about something or other that CA did. And a few are angry about everything CA has done and think WH2 is a rubbish game and don't even play it anymore, yet still hang around to post negative comments.

What I mean is, if you want to write one of those negative "CA sux da Skaven testicles" topics then at least be specific enough that readers know exactly what sort of angry person you are.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Have a nice saturday evening, or whatever it is in your time zone. :smile:

• KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,204Registered Users

To be fair, unlike other issues, they did want to keep the vampire coast as a surprise.

and look where that got them thanks to hints pointing out to everything and nothing in the same time. Remember Charybdis?

Could you try and reformat in a way where this actually makes sense? Because right now all I get from this is that you're angry over something that CA of course did entirely wrong.

But that's like shouting "THIS DAY ENDS IN THE LETTER Y!!!" in a booming voice, as if proclaiming something profound. Currently half the people posting on this board appear to be angry about something or other that CA did. And a few are angry about everything CA has done and think WH2 is a rubbish game and don't even play it anymore, yet still hang around to post negative comments.

What I mean is, if you want to write one of those negative "CA sux da Skaven testicles" topics then at least be specific enough that readers know exactly what sort of angry person you are.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Have a nice saturday evening, or whatever it is in your time zone. :smile:

Just pointing out to the lovely communication CA is capable of doing, but for some reason cannot do it even if they life depended on it when it comes to WH.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,863Registered Users
    edited January 12

I think you are being a bit unfair.

Quite a few of the people hanging around this board love the game, but are upset that:

1. The rate of DLC has been much less than we wanted to buy,
    2. That FLC has been abandoned (which they can only assume, but seems clear from the death of the FLC chart), and,
    3. That it feels as though we are being artificially starved of the content we want in order to booster sales of a forthcoming flop that we never wanted and didn't ask for.

I am not currently playing, I grant. But again the reason that I am not playing, is because CA said 'we have a beta here that breaks campaign saves'.

So I decided to wait until after the beta patch went live - because I don't want to invest hours in to a campaign only to find out my save breaks tomorrow. If they had said 'oh we are going to leave it in beta forever' or even let us know ANY TIMESCALES FOR ANY CONTENT EVER then maybe I could have made better plans.
    Post edited by HoneyBun on

The new forum makes my eyes bleed

• YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 2,862Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Translation:

Pay pig, how dare you think about Warhammer when we want to force feed you this fine 3K product. Here, say 'aah' and take a spoon of CA fat.

You bought them sea mosquitos? Great, now go back and admire character posters for the next 7 months.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,054Registered Users
    Considering that 3 Kingdoms is now very close to release, there's nothing particularly incongruous about CA shifting towards promoting the upcoming game.

On the other hand, there's no announcement for Warhammer and we're not going to see any releases before the release of 3 Kingdoms.

The only noteworthy thing is that the patch will come out of Beta this month and that's already been conveyed. So what exactly are you expecting for Warhammer? That CA abandon all other projects and focus solely on quickly churning out content for that one game while ignoring the rest of their games including ones on the cusp of release?
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 915Registered Users
    How dare CA make a game not based on Warhammer and focus their marketing on it before it's release?

It's disgraceful.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 108Registered Users
    CA will only communicate with the respective fanbase that they're expecting some money from. Warhammer will have to wait their turn.
    If 3K didn't have an awful marketing that caught everyone's ire, we would still be seeing daily posters from them with no promise of gameplay. Once people were generally confused, CA decided to show them something substantial starting next week as promised by them.
    Warhammer is not getting anything until 3K releases. If we didn't complain about the amount of bugs in the last DLC, we could have ended up with no hotfix beta until the next DLC again. It's still not certain if the bugs introduced in it's current beta will be fixed in time it goes live this month. I hope so.
    CA only seems to listen when enough people cause noise. Remember Summoned units collision bug, ME launch with Vortex spawning AI, Beastmen razing sprees, non DLC owners not having access to base buildings and the reinforcement bug?
    cool_lad said:

Considering that 3 Kingdoms is now very close to release, there's nothing particularly incongruous about CA shifting towards promoting the upcoming game.

On the other hand, there's no announcement for Warhammer and we're not going to see any releases before the release of 3 Kingdoms.

The only noteworthy thing is that the patch will come out of Beta this month and that's already been conveyed. So what exactly are you expecting for Warhammer? That CA abandon all other projects and focus solely on quickly churning out content for that one game while ignoring the rest of their games including ones on the cusp of release?

Well ideally I expect them to finish what they started and not decide to pull a Telltale which would stretch their teams on too many projects at once, but I might be expecting too much from them.

CA will only communicate with the respective fanbase that they're expecting some money from. Warhammer will have to wait their turn.
    If 3K didn't have an awful marketing that caught everyone's ire, we would still be seeing daily posters from them with no promise of gameplay. Once people were generally confused, CA decided to show them something substantial starting next week as promised by them.
    Warhammer is not getting anything until 3K releases. If we didn't complain about the amount of bugs in the last DLC, we could have ended up with no hotfix beta until the next DLC again. It's still not certain if the bugs introduced in it's current beta will be fixed in time it goes live this month. I hope so.
    CA only seems to listen when enough people cause noise. Remember Summoned units collision bug, ME launch with Vortex spawning AI, Beastmen razing sprees, non DLC owners not having access to base buildings and the reinforcement bug?

I am genuinely surprised they did not do more ''let's play'' or something similar instead of throwing money at a flashy trailer that does not show anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is simply because they are afraid the gameplay would be too buggy and it would R2 disaster all over again .

Do you not have multiple teams?
    Seriously though, the decision for them to not release anything to not upset 3K sales with existing total war fans playing warhammer is perplexing.
    CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

We are *keenly* aware of the desire for more gameplay content, to the point that Wheels, Tom, Jordan, and Guy, are all working away on Let's Plays right behind me, as I type this. Because we know it's so important to you, we're going to be putting TWL on hold until we get over this production hump, just so that we can focus on delivering these vids to the community ASAP.

The holiday gap is now behind us, and we're all back in the studio, hard at work.

Thanks everyone, and we're looking forward to sharing more soon™.

Andy

KronusX said:

I am genuinely surprised they did not do more ''let's play'' or something similar instead of throwing money at a flashy trailer that does not show anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is simply because they are afraid the gameplay would be too buggy and it would R2 disaster all over again .

This was posted recently on the 3K forum in one of the threads asking for gameplay info.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,185Registered Users
    Is anyone from an Asian country reading this stuff? I'm actually very curious if you guys are getting different marketing than Euros/Americans are and if so, whadda ya think about it?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 10,906Registered Users
    edited January 12
    I love how the discussion on that thread is about how the reaction of Warhammer only fans upset that CA are focused on 3k is embarrassing.

I tend to agree with those folk. CA's all about it's new game right now and that's completely fair enough.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,257Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Post after post of CA bashing, singling out employees, negativity to the game mechanics as if its "broken", and now emo nerd rage over them releasing a new game. Are some people really that shallow? The sense of entitlement of some is staggering.

Good job I am not a moderator, you'd be long gone, every one of you.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    You Warhammer Cry Babies....

Your Salty tears will yield you no benefit!

Bow before TW: Three Kingdoms...

The Greatest Total War game to come!

Warhammer is inconsistent and weak!

Baseless and foolish!

Outplayed by Lord of the Rings

Out styled by Warcraft!

Hail Three Kingdoms

The legend of Old!

A greater story

With greater characters

Vastly superior

In Every Way.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
    Lucifer said:

Post after post of CA bashing, singling out employees, negativity to the game mechanics as if its "broken", and now emo nerd rage over them releasing a new game. Are some people really that shallow? The sense of entitlement of some is staggering.

How did I single out an employee when I responded by directly quoting to prove a user wrong regarding no let's plays, when my quote is directly referencing an official response regarding what the user was asking?
    This "sudden" bashing or negativity didn't pop out of thin air and isn't exclusive to this forum.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,257Registered Users

Lucifer said:

How did I single out an employee when I responded by directly quoting to prove a user wrong regarding no let's plays, when my quote is directly referencing an official response regarding what the user was asking?
    This "sudden" bashing or negativity didn't pop out of thin air and isn't exclusive to this forum.
    I'm talking this past few weeks on here and whats been going on, and this is just another troll thread among them.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
    Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

I'm talking this past few weeks on here and whats been going on, and this is just another troll thread among them.
    It's a valid complaint. I'm not one to support baseless bashing, but it's clear to me that CA have dropped the ball on everything, from neglecting warhammer to not properly showing 3K to the public so close to release.
    I don't think anyone agrees that everything is fine and we should not speak about the current issues we're seeing for ourselves.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,185Registered Users

Baseless and foolish!

Out styled by Warcraft!

Hail Three Kingdoms

The legend of Old!

A greater story

With greater characters

Vastly superior

In Every Way.

For whatever reason when I read that, it was in Kim Jong-un's voice.
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

SAVE US OH NOBLE KNIGHT!

• Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,741Registered Users
    Whenever I see threads like this I think back to how "true" fans of the series talked bad about warhammer and how harshly they were being ignored for a trash game. Threats about how they were done with CA and TW because how dare they be ignored when they've played since x total war.

They sounded silly and so does this. Have some patience and try to see the long term. Unless you're terminally ill things not releasing on rapid timetables or in the order that pleases you isn't the end of the world. It's fair to think at least one CA employee could be dedicated to Warhammer communication but otherwise we shouldn't be so melodramatic
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 272Registered Users
    If someone wants to buy 3K, he'll do it regardless of tw Warhammer 2 dlc.
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 10,906Registered Users

Whenever I see threads like this I think back to how "true" fans of the series talked bad about warhammer and how harshly they were being ignored for a trash game. Threats about how they were done with CA and TW because how dare they be ignored when they've played since x total war.

They sounded silly and so does this. Have some patience and try to see the long term. Unless you're terminally ill things not releasing on rapid timetables or in the order that pleases you isn't the end of the world. It's fair to think at least one CA employee could be dedicated to Warhammer communication but otherwise we shouldn't be so melodramatic

The only reason you look to your neighbours bowl is to make sure they have enough, not to be jealous over it. There's no reason to be upset or jealous. Other TW fans are getting attention and that's great. It's not a reason to be upset.

Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,389Registered Users

Baseless and foolish!

Out styled by Warcraft!

Hail Three Kingdoms

The legend of Old!

A greater story

With greater characters

Vastly superior

In Every Way.

Are you high?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 10,572Registered Users, Moderators
    I'm moving this to rants and raves, where it belongs.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.

so having some decent communication from the CA team on WH is being melodramatic? Lol interesting perspective.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,741Registered Users
    KronusX said:

so having some decent communication from the CA team on WH is being melodramatic? Lol interesting perspective.
    Not really that interesting especially when I said that at least one employee should be dedicated to warhammer communication and support. Melodramatic is when you get offended by someone disagreeing the tone of a conversation without even realizing that they agree with the subject matter.
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Hahahahahahahahaha this whole thread hahahahaha

How dare CA make a game not based on Warhammer and focus their marketing on it before it's release?

It's disgraceful.

And give this person a raise
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
    edited January 13

KronusX said:

Not really that interesting especially when I said that at least one employee should be dedicated to warhammer communication and support. Melodramatic is when you get offended by someone disagreeing the tone of a conversation without even realizing that they agree with the subject matter.
    The only ones I disagree with are the historical game fanboys that pull the ''oh CA can't obviously do anything for us without the Warhammer crybabies ranting about it'' after specifically mentioning the communication as the subject but since most of them can't use their critical thinking they automatically proceed to just mock the thread instead. Not surprised though, they probably do not even know that TW is as historically accurate as Warhammer.

On that side yes we certainly agree that communication should become a priority in Warhammer's case.
This discussion has been closed.