Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Poll] which skaven lord do you prefer?

MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 149Registered Users
So now that suddenly, we realise that ikit vs tehen is much less certain than we thought before (a different thread has been started where it is discussed why they might not be the LP lords), I thought it would be neat to see which lord you prefer!

Options are:
-space marine rat
-rat riding rat
-filthy mutant rat

I've not included ninja rat because that'd be ridiculous.

Please vote here:
http://www.strawpoll.me/17217727

And post your motivations below!

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,844Registered Users
    He is not a bloody SP, Ikit is a clear cut Haemonculus. And I have voted for him. Rat riding rat should be FLC. Why not the other way around? Because.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,942Registered Users
    Ideally, we should have gotten all three and Tretch should stayed in the garbage bin he came from.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 383Registered Users
    The Tony Stark of the rat world for sure.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 746Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Ideally, we should have gotten all three and Tretch should stayed in the garbage bin he came from.

This

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,071Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Hey now, Tretch is great. Quintessential Skaven. We'll probably see all of them eventually anyway.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,071Registered Users
    I honestly like and want all of them. To me, it makes little difference on who is added in the LP and who is added as FLC down the line.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,914Registered Users

Enforest said:

Hey now, Tretch is great. Quintessential Skaven. We'll probably see all of them eventually anyway.
    I doubt it. 4 seems to be the max for any race, with Vampires being a very lucky exception and we only got Isabella because she fit the theme of a promotion (which TWW isn't even participating in this year). If Skaven do indeed become the anointed ones of this installment and get more than 4 lords, I would only expect it to be by 1, so at least one of those three is getting left out in the cold. Maybe all three get left out if CA rounds out the Skaven with Snikch in the LP and calls it a day. Tretch was a poor choice in my opinion, considering the alternatives.
    Peace out everyone, I'm done. TWW is now unrecognizable from the original IP and given the content offerings of the past year or so, I don't predict that CA's vision for the future will be all that appealing to me. Every wish or prediction I've made for the past year has been dashed and subverted so I'm pretty much abandoning any notion that the things that I'm hoping for will ever come. It also doesn't help that CA seems to only be granting the wishes of the most insufferably obnoxious players on this forum. So with that said...

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 15,397Registered Users
    Glad to see so few folk are wrong.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,633Registered Users
    Errr, we already have Queek. Which rat is he?

I'd kinda like the rat with the giant totally-not-a-thermonuclearbomb, too, though.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,583Registered Users
    Thanquol of course. THE Skaven Character.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    edited January 12
    The one with a pretty lil creature called Boneripper~

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,417Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Ikit. Crazy tech! But it is close.

Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    ben8vtedu said:

Enforest said:

I doubt it. 4 seems to be the max for any race, with Vampires being a very lucky exception and we only got Isabella because she fit the theme of a promotion (which TWW isn't even participating in this year). If Skaven do indeed become the anointed ones of this installment and get more than 4 lords, I would only expect it to be by 1, so at least one of those three is getting left out in the cold. Maybe all three get left out if CA rounds out the Skaven with Snikch in the LP and calls it a day. Tretch was a poor choice in my opinion, considering the alternatives.
    4 max. Unless it is undead race then the limit is 79.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,583Registered Users

ben8vtedu said:

Enforest said:

You mean "then the limit is how many named characters they had in every book and side story of the warhammer franchise"
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

edited January 12

ben8vtedu said:

Enforest said:

You mean "then the limit is how many named characters they had in every book and side story of the warhammer franchise"
    Lol ye!

And what CA can create (like direfin)
    Meanwhile the Empire is hard capped at 3.

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,914Registered Users

ben8vtedu said:

Enforest said:

Did you forget about the sassy ghost?
    Peace out everyone, I'm done. TWW is now unrecognizable from the original IP and given the content offerings of the past year or so, I don't predict that CA's vision for the future will be all that appealing to me. Every wish or prediction I've made for the past year has been dashed and subverted so I'm pretty much abandoning any notion that the things that I'm hoping for will ever come. It also doesn't help that CA seems to only be granting the wishes of the most insufferably obnoxious players on this forum. So with that said...

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,633Registered Users
    Game needs more doomsphere.
    ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

Enforest said:

Did you forget about the sassy ghost?
    *points at Aranessar Saltspite*... considering they are getting even Characters that are not undead... nor necromancers...

• MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 149Registered Users
    Thanks you everyone for voting! Ikit seems to be the clear fan favourite with 70+% of the votes right from the start. Thanquol only barely has more votes than Throt.

Please remember to stick to the topic everyone! There is a time and place for everything, and vampires are a topic for another day :)
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 845Registered Users
    I do love the other two but throt gets my vote, three armed mad scientist rat who lives in the worst place possible hell pit

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,457Registered Users
    CA was likely already decided, and Ikit Claw clearly have a much more unique look than Thanquol.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 149Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

CA was likely already decided, and Ikit Claw clearly have a much more unique look than Thanquol.

I hope you are right!

ben8vtedu said:

Enforest said:

There are much more living characters than undead characters in this game, so what it your point?
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 466Registered Users
    Where is Skreech?

Where is Skreech?

Considering that Skreech Verminking is a Greater daemon of hte horned Rat and we have no Greater Daemons as normal Legendary Lords... Azrik is Level 3 Tzeentch reward and Sathorael is a custom battle goodie..

Well the Empire is not the only one with 3, and meanwhile the Wood Elves have only 2.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Well the Empire is not the only one with 3, and meanwhile the Wood Elves have only 2.
    And Beastmen and WoC and Norsca. . . well, that sucks. . .
    Beastmen: where is the love?

Ludbone said:

Tayvar said:

Beastmen got more FLC Lords than the Empire. Otherwise the Empire is the only Vanilla faction that has gotten it's DLC that is stuck with 3 Lords.

• LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,101Registered Users

Ludbone said:

Tayvar said:

Beastmen got more FLC Lords than the Empire. Otherwise the Empire is the only Vanilla faction that has gotten it's DLC that is stuck with 3 Lords.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . still sucks.
    Beastmen: where is the love?