Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Poll] which skaven lord do you prefer?

2»

Comments

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 381Registered Users

Ludbone said:

Tayvar said:

Meanwhile the Empire is hard capped at 3.

Well the Empire is not the only one with 3, and meanwhile the Wood Elves have only 2.
    And Beastmen and WoC and Norsca. . . well, that sucks. . .
    Beastmen got more FLC Lords than the Empire. Otherwise the Empire is the only Vanilla faction that has gotten it's DLC that is stuck with 3 Lords.
    Unless CA released a Beastmen FLC Lord today the Beastmen have still only 3 Legendary Lords. They've got Morghur thanks to Wood Elves DLC, not with a FLC.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,048Registered Users
    edited January 12

Ludbone said:

Tayvar said:

Well the Empire is not the only one with 3, and meanwhile the Wood Elves have only 2.
    Beastmen got more FLC Lords than the Empire. Otherwise the Empire is the only Vanilla faction that has gotten it's DLC that is stuck with 3 Lords.
    Unless CA released a Beastmen FLC Lord today the Beastmen have still only 3 Legendary Lords. They've got Morghur thanks to Wood Elves DLC, not with a FLC.
    Most FLC Lords drop with a DLC... Boris got a unique design with the beastmen campaign, yet he is a campaign bonus at best.
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 381Registered Users

Ludbone said:

Tayvar said:

Most FLC Lords drop with a DLC... Boris got a unique design with the beastmen campaign, yet he is a campaign bonus at best.
    I can't see where is the problem with the Beastmen. They have 3 Lords, just like Empire and WoC. Let alone Norsca and Wood Elves.

Should they have more Legendary Lords? Yes.
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 379Registered Users
    I want Ikit because he has a freakin power armor and would fit skryre theme
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,848Registered Users
    Don't know why we're talking about man things or ugly beast things. Begone yes, begone! Yes yes! Skree! You're in skaven land now, yesss, yesss,

I want Ikit because he has a freakin power armor and would fit skryre theme

And the Weapons teams which are hopefully what Skaven get in the LP. Not that the LL has to, but it'd fit it nonetheless.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,578Registered Users, Moderators
    Wasn't Morghur FLC? Do you need the Wood Elf DLC to get Morghur? Or did he just come with it?

Also that's off topic.

On topic: Ikit Claw is my choice.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,426Registered Users
    Skaven is the one race i just cant get myself to play yet. I've tried and tried but always gave up :|

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,848Registered Users
    edited January 13

Good to see so few folk have the wrong opinion.

Make it happening CA!
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,899Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    None of them,
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,844Registered Users
    Glad to see Ikit over Thanquol.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,785Registered Users
    dge1 said:

None of them,

Whoa I'm sensing some hostility against the rats. Oh come on....they're adorable! The beady red eyes. The traitorous plotting. The literal back stabbing. What's not to like? Some of them even have incurable infectious diseases. So kawaii.

On a serious note, Ikit Claw is my vote for the top rat. But that has more to do with my love of Skaven technological supremacy than Ikit himself. Nothing says scientific mastermind like having technology beyond any other and matched in advancement only by its tendancy to kill the guy using it. Love that ****. Cant make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

In game top rat is currently, ironically, Tretch. Dudes the most Skaven Skaven that ever Skavened a Skaven. His reliance on being the sneakiest most backstabbing guy on the campaign map at any time leads to some serious campaign hilarity and absolutely vicious Skaven ambushes. Plus you always feel like the underdog who managed to twist the odds back into your favor. Can't recommend him enough.
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,843Registered Users

In game top rat is currently, ironically, Tretch. Dudes the most Skaven Skaven that ever Skavened a Skaven. His reliance on being the sneakiest most backstabbing guy on the campaign map at any time leads to some serious campaign hilarity and absolutely vicious Skaven ambushes. Plus you always feel like the underdog who managed to twist the odds back into your favor. Can't recommend him enough.

The problem with Tretch is absolutely everything made for him would fit better for Thanquol.

Is he a coward? Yeah, just like Thanquol.

Is he a backstabber? Yeah, just like Thanquol.

Is he funny? Yeah, just like Thanquol.

Besides that, Thanquol also rides a badass Rat Ogre and has access to lore of Ruin.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,636Registered Users
    Tretch would be fine if he came after 1 lord for each major clan, Queek, and Thanquol. It's not that he's bad in game, he was done just fine by CA as an individual unit and zero context on the entire race. But when you look at the game and Skaven fans he just represents opportunity lost completely through. There was no reason to drop this dissappointment and it could have been easily avoided by looking at any skaven thread on here or Reddit since the start of Game 1 about Skaven. Or it could have been looked at which rats have what purpose in the lore. Tretch is a blip on the radar compared to the likes of Ikkit.

Ikkit has supreme story relevance. He designed and supervised the building of the warp forges the power of Clan Skyre. Perhaps one of the most powerful of the great clans because they also hold Skavenblight and yes they do in fact hold Skavenblight and defended successfully versus Pestilens in the great war.

He's designed a fair chunk of those kooky weapons of Skyre.

He knows magic, he's a engineer supreme that walks around in armor and can murder your in the name of science.

Clan Skyre is one of the more prominent faces of Skaven, if not their unwashed masses it's death machines. I'd even say people care more about those warplightning cannons than horned rats even they to are a part of this.

If any clan starts with Skavenblight it should be Skyre, the council of thirteen rules Skaven, but not one of the other council members truely hold Skavenblight. That is Skyre.

Thanquol certainly represents a certain portion of skaven fans, and grey seer lord. Has had a prominent place in the novels.

Would have to borrow his army which is loreful given Council Machinations.

But, I do not want to see him leading Hellpit or Skavenblight. That's far cry from a loaner army and a diss to two main clans that truely make the skaven image.

Skaven from the start should have been Ikkit, Skrolk, and Thrott as unquestioned lords for disease, monsterous rat creations, and warp machinations. The themes of skaven. The left overs get to rule the mass rats aspect~
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,785Registered Users
    Enforest said:

The problem with Tretch is absolutely everything made for him would fit better for Thanquol.

Is he a coward? Yeah, just like Thanquol.

Is he a backstabber? Yeah, just like Thanquol.

Is he funny? Yeah, just like Thanquol.

Besides that, Thanquol also rides a badass Rat Ogre and has access to lore of Ruin.
    Not saying I prefer him to Thanquols inclusion. Just that in game right now he's the most fun to play.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 134Registered Users
    Good morning everyone!

It seems that Ikit is still in the lead, though he has dropped a few percents. Interestingly, it seems that those from the americas seem to prefer Thanquol over Throt, while the Europeans did not have a clear preference.

Keep voting!
  • JhoDeviloJhoDevilo Posts: 76Registered Users
    Let me say...**** Tretch, you **** piece of useless manure, **** slot stealer!

Thanks.

Now...i want Thanquol but only with Boneripper.
    But i prefer Skreech Verminking or Throt.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,018Registered Users
    "Which Skaven lord do you prefer?"

The dead one.
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 380Registered Users

Every time someone mentions the Empire's cap of 3, or the Wood Elves cap of 2, I feel some sort of pain in my heart. Like the world is unfair and they deserve better. Is that normal?

Anyway, I voted Ikit. We need some sort of representation of Skryre! Plus Ikit looks visually stunning. Thanquol can be some sort of promotion, like the White Dwarf of the Dwarfs. For if you ask me, the Skaven are the nr. 1 candidate for 5 LLs. They are supposed to be everywhere, sk having 5 LLs everywhere in the world, would represent that pretty well I guess.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,715Registered Users
    Ikit Claw!

But my dream dlc is a Moulder army with Throt.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 4,928Registered Users
    Ikit, mostly due to the subjectivity of Skryre being my favourite clan and thus I'd like to do a Skryre playthrough at some stage. Thematically, he's about equal with the other two.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,014Registered Users
    It's got to be Ikit, you can't go wrong with a Cyberdyne systems rat.
  • tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 201Registered Users
    Arghh so tough between ikit and throt. Both internationally recognised experts in their field of research, both upgrading themselves to the status of super-rat, both got great butts...

I’d say Ikit overall as he’s have to bring his weappns teams with him, which are the most fun part of skaven gameplay-wise for me. I doubt they’d ever add the other beautiful moulder monters (brood horror and chimearat).
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,853Registered Users
    edited January 13
    tanspan88 said:

Arghh so tough between ikit and throt. Both internationally recognised experts in their field of research, both upgrading themselves to the status of super-rat, both got great butts...

I’d say Ikit overall as he’s have to bring his weappns teams with him, which are the most fun part of skaven gameplay-wise for me. I doubt they’d ever add the other beautiful moulder monters (brood horror and chimearat).

Also CA had already given one of Throt's traits to Tretch, the prospering in a frozen climate trait.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,874Registered Users
    tanspan88 said:

The weapons teams getting added is not all that contingent on which LL gets picked for the LP. Just look at past LPs, there's maybe 1 unit per lord which fits that lord's theme and the rest are just other missing units.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Definitely.

A LP should have units (also) outside the "LL-themed" context.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Posts: 354Registered Users
    Oh man, that was hard. Skryre is my favorite and Ikkit really cool. He also fits the missing units well. But you can't leave out the main character of a race, so I settled with Thanquol, although I don't like him that much personally.
    In an ideal world, the Vanilla Lords would have been Queek an Thanquol with Ikkit claiming the FLC spot (although he could also be swapped with Thanquol). This would allow the thematically appropriate guy to take on Thanquol in the LP: Skrolk.