Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If 3K sales goes well CA please consider Cathay for Warhammer 3

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
They would be one of the few good guys in the continent of the east, they'll be holding off Daemons and Ogres alike in the great bastion wall

if the sales of 3K does well please consider it. From Vamp coast, Norsca its clear CA is fully capable of doing units from scratch if the market of China does well and the game sells well. Please take it as a consideration.

Cathay from their lore and such seems to be a faction based on the Song Dynasty btw

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,560Registered Users
    Didn't i see this thread somewhere some time ago?.........
  • WileycoyoteWileycoyote Junior Member Posts: 185Registered Users
    Can we have a place with no TW WH for once?
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 638Registered Users

They would be one of the few good guys in the continent of the east, they'll be holding off Daemons and Ogres alike in the great bastion wall

if the sales of 3K does well please consider it. From Vamp coast, Norsca its clear CA is fully capable of doing units from scratch if the market of China does well and the game sells well. Please take it as a consideration.

Cathay from their lore and such seems to be a faction based on the Song Dynasty btw

I'm not sure that trail of logic makes any sense.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    Aryndelin said:

Didn't i see this thread somewhere some time ago?.........

First time making this

Can we have a place with no TW WH for once?

Warhammer is the most popular Total War game right now

• WileycoyoteWileycoyote Junior Member Posts: 185Registered Users
    And there is a forum for it, this section isn't it.

I love WH too, but I'm ready for the next big thing
  • united84united84 Posts: 603Registered Users
    Why would anyone draw a connection between Three Kingdoms and Cathay ? Sure, if there's plan to include Grand Cathay...it will be there regardless if 3K sales were good or not. It really depends on Games workshop as they are the IP holder for warhammer.

I just hope Three Kingdoms is not just a filler project for Warhammer 3, even if it is, hopefully the devs could make this game better than warhammer.
  • maccabbeemaccabbee Posts: 133Registered Users
    edited January 17
    united84 said:

I just hope Three Kingdoms is not just a filler project for Warhammer 3

Search it in your heart; you know this is true. I mean, why would a company who can barely handle all their projects, insert a new game title in the middle of their current trilogy when they haven't even finished doing all the contents for the second game?

• Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,082Registered Users
    maccabbee said:

united84 said:

Search it in your heart; you know this is true. I mean, why would a company who can barely handle all their projects, insert a new game title in the middle of their current trilogy when they haven't even finished doing all the contents for the second game?

It's kinda funny. You look in the Warhammer section of the forum, and people complain that 3K is causing CA to abandon Warhammer and are just using Warhammer to fund other games.

And then you come here and it's just the opposite. Who knows why CA does what they do?
  • maccabbeemaccabbee Posts: 133Registered Users

maccabbee said:

united84 said:

It's kinda funny. You look in the Warhammer section of the forum, and people complain that 3K is causing CA to abandon Warhammer and are just using Warhammer to fund other games.

And then you come here and it's just the opposite. Who knows why CA does what they do?
    i suppose you can simply call CA a mess management and focus wise. I mean, let's not forget that unbeknownst to Total War fans, CA is also working on that multiplayer shooter game they announced like 2 years ago, despite know you know, their flagship series still needing much needed manpower and resources. Any other AA company would focus on only one game including its DLCs before moving on to the next.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,994Registered Users
    Thou Shalt Not Blab Warhammer Filth HERE!

GUARDS! Away with this infidel! take him to the torture chambers to play Sudoku with old women for all eternity!
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin

And there is a forum for it, this section isn't it.

I love WH too, but I'm ready for the next big thing

Yeah but we are talking about the sales of 3K here which is the main point, Warhammer is secondary
    united84 said:

Why would anyone draw a connection between Three Kingdoms and Cathay ? Sure, if there's plan to include Grand Cathay...it will be there regardless if 3K sales were good or not. It really depends on Games workshop as they are the IP holder for warhammer.

I just hope Three Kingdoms is not just a filler project for Warhammer 3, even if it is, hopefully the devs could make this game better than warhammer.

Cathay is a mix of Song, Ming and Qing Dynasty, chances are the chance of Cathay appearing on WH3 heavily depends on the sales of 3K, they can tell if the Chinese audience is good enough for them to make that decision. They could either come as one of the latter DLC or be included in the base game (Which is unlikely)

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    It's like saying if like wharhammer 1 is selling good because of empire faction is great they will make Empire 2. Brain dead logic
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,523Registered Users
    united84 said:

Yes and Games Workshop has never given an official army list for Warhammer's Cathay.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Cathay
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,994Registered Users
    Really would rather not have the mighty Lu Fengxian implemented in any garbage run by Games Workshop... besides, knowing them... they'd probably attempt to sue pennies from anyone who would use Lu Bu in their game, even though he is a historical figure... rats will always be rats.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
    edited January 17

It's like saying if like wharhammer 1 is selling good because of empire faction is great they will make Empire 2. Brain dead logic

That will mean the playerbase would be interested in a Chinese based faction for Warhammer, its not a braindead suggestion

Three Kingdom was made intended for the Chinese audience, and the Chinese community did went into CA office to ask for a Cathay faction back then along with a poster

if you look on reddit, there are plenty of posts about Cathay and how people wanted it for Game 3, so its not just Chinese audience as a whole

Really would rather not have the mighty Lu Fengxian implemented in any garbage run by Games Workshop... besides, knowing them... they'd probably attempt to sue pennies from anyone who would use Lu Bu in their game, even though he is a historical figure... rats will always be rats.

Why would Lu Bu be in Cathay anyway? You're mistaken Chinese armies for Lu Bu

edited January 17
    Tayvar said:

Yes and Games Workshop has never given an official army list for Warhammer's Cathay.

You can say the same for Vampire Coast, its clear at this point CA is capable of anything, making things straight from scratch

There are mention of Cathay armies like Terracotta Automaton,Dragons, named Legendary Lords and such

Depends on the sales of Three Kingdom, Cathay might be a potential DLC in their book, since it will make them good money

• acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited January 17

Tayvar said:

You can say the same for Vampire Coast, its clear at this point CA is capable of anything, making things straight from scratch

There are mention of Cathay armies like Terracotta Automaton,Dragons, named Legendary Lords and such

Depends on the sales of Three Kingdom, Cathay might be a potential DLC in their book, since it will make them good money
    3k will be successful. And Cathay will come.

You are certainly right about the Chinese community expressing an interest in Cathay. They would buy Cathay the day it is announced.

Chinese culture, which has some similarities to Indian culture, both are mythical. Both contain legendary epics, and China has this fantasy-mystical element - Cathay is a big plus on top of this.

How can anyone say its not related to Warhammer - China has mystical monsters, dragons, spirits, yellow lakes etc. The game itself has recreated the Chinese landscape - so it isn't hard to implement it in Warhammer 3. Read through 2000 years of Chinese history and the origins - especially the origins themselves are mystical! There's the Yellow Emperor, or Huangdi, known as a source of wisdom, an golden age Emperor.

I for one would love to see Ind. India has a lot of ancient mythological stories with their Gods. CA has done a good representation of India in Empire, but not in Alexander. India hasn't been represented well in total war however. Indians do play total war that's confirmed. Plus selling in India is very cheap. India already is a booming market and if CA don't do this DLC, they are missing out a lot. The Dark Elves have dealt with Nippon, Ind and Cathay, so it isn't too hard to build a DLC based around that.

Ancient China has literally had Mythological Emperors. The Monkey King that challenges the Heavens. How many movies and plays have been made on Journey to the West? Loads.

So denying that Cathay has no connection to Three Kingdoms is odd. Cathay was inspired by Imperial China. Cathay has the Dragon emperor - I wonder where it came from?

There is a connection. Three Kingdoms itself is not historically accurate and contains way more fantasy. Three Kingdoms has a whole host of Koei fantasy games where heroes of this era fight each other. It's literally become part of the Chinese culture. The Monkey King - please correct me- has become part of their culture as well.

Three Kingdoms is a lot of fantasy - though it has historical basis which is what CA are doing. The duels however are inspiration from Koei duels.

Cathay is based on Imperial China, just as Game of Thrones has a Chinese Empire.

This is the second time Total War has done an Asian setting like China. The first was Shogun 1 and 2 which was in Japan.

3k has the assets to create a Cathay based faction. If 3k is successful, and sells well. Then CA can be convinced to add in Cathay as well.

That's the only way it will work.

Post edited by acroguePatrick on
  • ThedossbossThedossboss Posts: 139Registered Users

I don't think you understand what total war: warhammer is. CA has creative freedom of the IP, as shown by them implementing their own original characters as well as fleshing out norsca and vampire coast: races without an army book. It is safe to assume CA is in control of their own game, not GW
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 672Registered Users
    Moderator close or move thread please.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,633Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Total War discussions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin