Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Green Knight of Bretonnia - Wounded

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
Hello everyone,

I wanted to show you guys something.

In my eyes, this should not happen. You already have such limited time using the Green Knight, and now he can get wounded too ? It doesn't even make sense to have a wounded ghost ! haha.

Anyways, maybe something to think about :) I am not usually making treads about things I don't really like, but this one is something I like to adres and like to hear your opinion about.

The Green Knight should be immune to enemy agents actions in the campaign. That is my opinion at least !

No shade to C.A. of course, I love them ^^ but maybe if they ever re-visit Bretonnia with some updates, its something to keep in mind, perhaps.

Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,482
    Pff, wounded only? I got mine assassinated the other day.
    https://i.redd.it/m8k0f55s6v921.png

CA please..!
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 3,032
    Buff the Green Knight!
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579

Pff, wounded only? I got mine assassinated the other day.
    https://i.redd.it/m8k0f55s6v921.png

CA please..!

Yes well that sucks even more >.< !

Of course mine got wounded in his last 5 turns he was able to stay :(

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,183
    When the Green Knight was wounded/assassinated, were you playing on the beta?

endur said:

When the Green Knight was wounded/assassinated, were you playing on the beta?

Yes I was. This happend 2 hours ago, and have played the beta since it came out. I don't use ANY mod :)

• Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,108
    the green knight and the dwarf undead heroes should be immune to wounding and assassinations.

Or at worst, make them always come back in 1 turn.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    edited January 2019

the green knight and the dwarf undead heroes should be immune to wounding and assassinations.

the same could be said to undead heroes or ethereal heroes and the LL lord of the drowned.

This should be the solution: The green knight should not take a slot and instead work as a Rite / Unlock campaign ability and should work like a Summon spell and u could just summon the Green Knight during a battle just like Krell can be summoned by Kemmler but it would be for the whole battle and for multiple turns as long as the Rite is active or the Ability is activated after unlocking it.
  • steam_164510078382536dRJosteam_164510078382536dRJo Registered Users Posts: 4,723
    Haha it happened to me and it is stupid I agree haha

• ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151
    Stephince said:

Buff the Green Knight!

+1
    Marker said:

the same could be said to undead heroes or ethereal heroes and the LL lord of the drowned.

This should be the solution: The green knight should not take a slot and instead work as a Rite / Unlock campaign ability and should work like a Summon spell and u could just summon the Green Knight during a battle just like Krell can be summoned by Kemmler but it would be for the whole battle and for multiple turns as long as the Rite is active or the Ability is activated after unlocking it.
    +1

It solves all the problems with GK - finite number of summons, silly assassinations, being stuck with one army at the same time.

Brilliant idea!
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,283
    Marker said:

The dwarf undead heroes are at least very difficult to assassinate. Trying to take them out comes at a -90% or so chance of succes.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Is this with the Coast Beta? Because unpatched the ghost characters immunity against assassination works against them and makes them easier to wound/assassinate thanks to the overflow bug.

Is this with the Coast Beta? Because unpatched the ghost characters immunity against assassination works against them and makes them easier to wound/assassinate thanks to the overflow bug.

If you mean if the green knight is with the patch, yes, I have the coast beta installed.

• harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 984
    This is a bug, not a bad feature. I'd recommend posting this in the coast beta feedback page

This is a bug, not a bad feature. I'd recommend posting this in the coast beta feedback page

Is it ? he was not able to get wounded or assassinated before the beta patch ?

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,482
    edited January 2019
    AFAIK it may be a bug but it has always been ingame.
    I remember loosing my Green Knight from agent actions even in Game 1.

Clan Angrund's ethereal heroes are appropriately immune to agent actions if i'm not mistaken.

Green Knight really needs some attention. At the very least he obviously has to be immune to any agent action. Overall, he really needs to changed in the way he's summoned and how he works. Giving him a Krell mechanic with a turn timer would actually be a better solution and make sense for a milion of reasons.

For example, he could be summoned while desperately defending a garrison. Which is exactly where he's needed most of the times. I don't need him to spawn next to my elite Louen stack whos razing Norsca and needs no help whatsoever..
  • MythraynMythrayn Registered Users Posts: 103
    Marker said:

I really like that idea