Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Problem with Araby

124»

Comments

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    edited January 2019

I hope we get to see the Rok as a two headed bird of prey that gets a bonus against other flyers specifically. On a side note, iv been waiting for "flyers" to be a special category that some few other units get a bonus against when attacking in the air. A dragon should be much more vulnerable to arrows when flying with his belly exposed as opposed to when he lands, and a Rok could work like a giant hunting falcon that specializes in attacking other airborn

I note the roc only has two heads in that old Ray Harryhausen movie, it's not a feature of the mythical creature. That look might be copyrighted.
  • Blacksphemy#9850Blacksphemy#9850 Registered Users Posts: 641
    I was thinking of that exact movie draculasaurus. That particular cyclops in that movie may be copyrighted but a two headed bird of prey is already all over the empire heraldry (and the tomb kings too maybe?) And could possibly be explained that way. I just want it to be unique compared to the other large birds in the game
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455

I was thinking of that exact movie draculasaurus. That particular cyclops in that movie may be copyrighted but a two headed bird of prey is already all over the empire heraldry (and the tomb kings too maybe?) And could possibly be explained that way. I just want it to be unique compared to the other large birds in the game

It's unlikely to happen anyway, even a Amber Wizard's Griffin didn't have an two heads in Total War.
  • Blacksphemy#9850Blacksphemy#9850 Registered Users Posts: 641
    Tayvar said:

It's unlikely to happen anyway, even a Amber Wizard's Griffin didn't have an two heads in Total War.

Let me hope for my heretical bird!
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    OdTengri said:

Pocman said:

OdTengri said:

3) How many and what lores of magic should they have. If I had to list most to least appropriate based on my own subjective opinion it would look like this.

• Lore of Araby
    • Lore of Heavens
    • Lore of Metal
    • Lore of Fire
    • Lore of Shadow
    • Lore of Death
    • Lore of Light
    • Lore of Life
    • Lore of Beasts
    The lore of Araby has to be included, IRL the Arab world where the first great Astrologers (Lore of Heavens) and Alchemy (Lore of Metal) also has its start in the Muslim Golden age. Fire just feels like a must if Efreet (Incarnate Elemental of Fire) is going to make it into the game. Shadow, Light and Death all feel like they would fit Araby but it also feels like the cultural reflections of those lores have already been given to Nehekara. Life and Especially Beasts feels out of place to me.
    Add lore of Tzeentch to that list (the Golden magus), take almost everything else. Lore of Araby is not a thing, take it out, plus almost everything else: It makes no sense that so many factions, including Slanns, are so limited, and that Araby should have 9 lores. Tzeentch, Heavens, Fire, and Deeps, (with maybe summoning the water/wind elementals instead of the crabs, and something instead of zombies) seems fair.

Lore of Araby is totally a thing, Araby should have it.

Lore of Tzeentch could be something that the Golden Magus has but it wouldn't otherwise be reflective of Araby.

My short list would be, Araby, Heavens, Metal, Fire, and one more for a total of 5 lores.
    Lore of Araby is also kinda in the game already since Khatep Sandstorm it's literally the same Warmaster spell (albeit with real damage).
    Also Khatep sandstorm is listed as unknown lore of magic with the colour brown.
    It's better for you to take a seat because it's probable that CA made this spell in anticipation for something else.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771

OdTengri said:

Pocman said:

OdTengri said:

3) How many and what lores of magic should they have. If I had to list most to least appropriate based on my own subjective opinion it would look like this.

• Lore of Araby
    • Lore of Heavens
    • Lore of Metal
    • Lore of Fire
    • Lore of Shadow
    • Lore of Death
    • Lore of Light
    • Lore of Life
    • Lore of Beasts
    The lore of Araby has to be included, IRL the Arab world where the first great Astrologers (Lore of Heavens) and Alchemy (Lore of Metal) also has its start in the Muslim Golden age. Fire just feels like a must if Efreet (Incarnate Elemental of Fire) is going to make it into the game. Shadow, Light and Death all feel like they would fit Araby but it also feels like the cultural reflections of those lores have already been given to Nehekara. Life and Especially Beasts feels out of place to me.
    Add lore of Tzeentch to that list (the Golden magus), take almost everything else. Lore of Araby is not a thing, take it out, plus almost everything else: It makes no sense that so many factions, including Slanns, are so limited, and that Araby should have 9 lores. Tzeentch, Heavens, Fire, and Deeps, (with maybe summoning the water/wind elementals instead of the crabs, and something instead of zombies) seems fair.

Lore of Araby is totally a thing, Araby should have it.

Lore of Tzeentch could be something that the Golden Magus has but it wouldn't otherwise be reflective of Araby.

My short list would be, Araby, Heavens, Metal, Fire, and one more for a total of 5 lores.
    Lore of Araby is also kinda in the game already since Khatep Sandstorm it's literally the same Warmaster spell (albeit with real damage).
    Also Khatep sandstorm is listed as unknown lore of magic with the colour brown.
    It's better for you to take a seat because it's probable that CA made this spell in anticipation for something else.
    They've already created one entire lore from scratch with the Lore of the Deep, I feel like they could make a new lore for Araby, maybe one that incorporates some of those spells but is more aesthetically distinct from the Lore of Nehekhara. Maybe have it be more focused on mirages and light and illusion.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,217
    Take a seat... Pfftt... I was in a thread that got shut down years ago about how insensitive/racist it would be for CA to ever do Araby, the thread got shut down but not before a CA campaign designer wen't through and "liked" everyone who defended CA's ability to do Araby tastefully and convincingly.

I'm fairly confident the Creative Assembly has at least investigated the idea of bringing Araby to life and done some amount of exploratory pre-production. That doesn't mean the project will make it to production mind you but I'd say our odds are good.

Also I always put DoW and Araby ahead of Vamp Coast in terms of likely hood. So in my mind it it only increases the odds the others will make it too.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    OdTengri said:

Take a seat... Pfftt... I was in a thread that got shut down years ago about how insensitive/racist it would be for CA to ever do Araby, the thread got shut down but not before a CA campaign designer wen't through and "liked" everyone who defended CA's ability to do Araby tastefully and convincingly.

I'm fairly confident the Creative Assembly has at least investigated the idea of bringing Araby to life and done some amount of exploratory pre-production. That doesn't mean the project will make it to production mind you but I'd say our odds are good.

Also I always put DoW and Araby ahead of Vamp Coast in terms of likely hood. So in my mind it it only increases the odds the others will make it too.

We remember those times.
    We do not speak HIS NAME.

• Ol_Nessie#9894Ol_Nessie#9894 Registered Users Posts: 4,310

OdTengri said:

We remember those times.
    We do not speak HIS NAME.

Who, Equix?
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,217
    Nooo..... Not that one.

psstt..... (Don't say that name, tis forbidden)