Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which should I buy for online gameplay?

BeefSupreme1BeefSupreme1 Posts: 1Registered Users
edited January 22 in Total War General Chat
I'm an avid fan of some of the oldest Total War titles: Shogun, Medieval, and Medieval II. I try to play Medieval II online (I have the vanilla version) but it's very difficult to find open games and then roughly 50% of the time the battle never finishes because someone has connection problems. Frustrating to say the least.

I finally got a new gaming computer and want to find a newer Total War title to play. Personal choice, but I don't really like fantasy based titles, so Warhammer doesn't do anything for me.

What is my best bet? Does Attila or Rome II have enough of a community to find public games online? More than Medieval II at least? And did they finally fix the annoying "connection problem" that would pause the game in Medieval II?

Thanks!

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,225Registered Users
    I don't play Rome II, but I've heard that it's the only historical TW with a decent size multiplayer community. Warhammer 2's community is the largest, though.

From what I've heard, Attila/ToB/Shogun 2's multiplayer community is near extinct. The old games are even worse.