Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Arkhan the Black, Vortex Campaign - Legendary.

LuciferLucifer MemberEngland U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Yes, finally. A Tomb King game. Playing as Arkhan the Black.

Strategy:
To purge the land of the living. To re-take The Black Pyramid of Nagash. To subjugate or destroy the other Tomb King factions and make allies of the vampires. To also hunt down the books of Nagash, and place them under our protection.

I immediately begin by assaulting the army of Cedric le Traoubadour, with Prince Berekht, and its a success.

My first legion, camped at the edge of the border of the Knights of the Flame. My legion, begins recruiting more infantry units, and at my capital I begin construction of the open graves. This will give us access to archers and other valuable and powerful units, later on.

We will use the Mortuary Cult to equip our heroes and generals with all they should need, and will scour the lands for the books of Nagash and more and more canopic jars. One particularly good enchanted item to have, will be the Hieratic Jar. This will give our heroes and generals the ability to regenerate.

Research of the first dynasty and the makings of our second legion, has begun!

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.

Comments

• AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    Too bad this said Liche King is missing "lore of undeath" or consolation prize "lore of vampires"...

• LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    Avadon said:

Too bad this said Liche King is missing "lore of undeath" or consolation prize "lore of vampires"...

I could probably add them, but trying to refrain from using mods in this one, the unexpected crashes ruin the fun.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

• Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,022
    Avadon said:

He's not really missing them. In the Tomb Kings army book he has the Lore of Death. Just the Lore of Death.

The other stuff is End Times.
    edited January 2019
    Diary log 5.

My first legion at full strength and now joined by Prince Berekht. My army marches on Lashiek, where the weakened forces of Cedric le Traoubadour now resides.

Soon, the siege or battle will begin, and the purging of these lands of the living. There's unrest at the Caliphs palace and I must keep watch on the situation there.

edited January 2019
    Campaign log 6.

The situation at the Caliphs palace is deteriorating and I will need to return there soon. A priest of light joins my cause and marches to join my legion.

The attack upon Lashiek has begun, and my first legion sieges the town and it is flames. Surrounded and nowhere to go, will the attackers sally forth or will they wait. Time, is not on my side right now, but we shall see.

The enemy archers have more range than my forces do, so my vampire bats will prove useful in the coming fight.
    Post edited by Lucifer on

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,563
    How did duke Bordeaux ended up my friend!?
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
    edited January 2019
    Campaign log 8.

First Battle for Lashiek.
    The enemy forces chose to sally forth out of Lashiek. Their arrogance only served to confound them as their leader fell in battle and the majority of their army destroyed. While not suffering serious losses, we did lose a few units.

The purging of the living has begun.

Second battle for Lashiek.
    With the enemy forces severely depleted. The second assault destroys their army and garrison.

Lashiek. has fallen to my death grip, and the Knights of the Flame have been purged from this town. I now awaken: The Flock of Djaf". They will aid my cause, much.

DarkLordD said:

I heard The Red Duke slain him and raised him as a wight king. One can only guess what happened to their people.

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,563
    Lucifer said:

DarkLordD said:

I heard The Red Duke slain him and raised him as a wight king. One can only guess what happened to their people.
    Ow gosh .... don't you worry, King Louen is on it !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
    DarkLordD said:

Lucifer said:

DarkLordD said:

Ow gosh .... don't you worry, King Louen is on it !
    Oh, I'm not worried as I play vampires. >:)

edited January 2019
    Diary log 20.

Much, has happened. Rebellions, sneak attacks, and the fall of our capital city. Yet, all have failed to hold their ground against us! Nagash, watches over us. Now, we're in a better position than ever before.

With Sorcerer's Islands secure. Lashiek, rebuilding, and our capital back in our death grip. The enemies have largely been totally vanquished. Yet, the humans continue to be stubborn and cling to their sanctuary cities and towns, for now.

The Knights of the Flame, lick their wounds over in Copher, but it will not be long until they are removed entirely from that town. As research completed. Now, King Wakhaf builds the second legion, and our setbacks have diminished. Soon, The Knights of the Flame with feel my wrath.

edited January 2019
    Diary log 27.

An attack by the Knights of the Flame left themselves decimated and exhausted. The knights had no choice but to retreat back to Copher.

With Lashiek firmly in my control, my first legion moves north closer to the border with Copher.

We must be vigilant. An Orc raiding force has been spotted out at sea.

edited January 2019
    Diary log 29.

My first legion, much better experienced and now veterans of many battles. The war rages on and the Knights of the Flame launch desperate attacks in vast numbers at my legion. They, have much to learn.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,656
    A dairy log. Is that what you call a stick of cheese :wink: ?

One of my favourite campaigns. Good to see others enjoying it as well. Arkhan doesn't need anything, he is perfect the way he is (unless you want to give him a Dread Abyssal, those mounts look sweet!). I do however use a mod that does a wee bit which primarily is to make the signature units even more viable.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    edited January 2019
    Diary log 37.
    In a siege and assault, which wounded, Arkhan, but did see the end of the Knights of the Flame. Copher, is now in my death like grip. For now, King Itobom, will lead the first legion. Research is well under-way for my third legion. It will take awhile, but well worth it.

It is time to consolidate and build my growing undead realm. I will see to take and hold The Black Pyramid, if events permit.

RikRiorik said:

A dairy log. Is that what you call a stick of cheese :wink: ?

One of my favourite campaigns. Good to see others enjoying it as well. Arkhan doesn't need anything, he is perfect the way he is (unless you want to give him a Dread Abyssal, those mounts look sweet!). I do however use a mod that does a wee bit which primarily is to make the signature units even more viable.

For sure, and one of my favorites. I should've checked what I was pasting haha. Yes, I need to try out all the factions really, before game three comes along. I have actually tried so little of any of the others.

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,360
    Now that the Knights of the Flame are out of the way, Arkhan can start negotiating with a Vampire Factions, and look if one of them is not doing good on it's own and needs Arkhan's intervention.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,074
    Doesn’t the Vampire Coast declare war on Arkhan at the beginning every time? I hate that.
    Tayvar said:

Now that the Knights of the Flame are out of the way, Arkhan can start negotiating with a Vampire Factions, and look if one of them is not doing good on it's own and needs Arkhan's intervention.

That was what I was thinking also, but I still have bad relations at present with Vampire Coast and the Dread Fleet. I'll work on it a bit in time, but right now, I need to rebuild and re-arm my legions, of which my third is now available. :)

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,360

Doesn’t the Vampire Coast declare war on Arkhan at the beginning every time? I hate that.

Well it seems to be a bug, but ya an bugs should also be taken into a consideration.

I checked the records and don't see a war with them, perhaps its fixed in this festag patch of which I am using.

Diary log 54.

After a few minor set backs with rebellions. They were all put down and buildings repaired. I still maintain my hold on the Land of Assassins and the Coast of Araby.. Having searched the Elven Ruins, I decipher a puzzle left by the old ones, and gain an artifact and gold. I have three legions now and public order is increasing rapidly. I am steadily moving closer to my goal, The Black Pyramid.

The Elven Ruins are now part of my expanding empire of the dead.

I declare war on Sudenburg. The living must be purged.

edited January 2019
    Diary log 60.

With Sudenburg destroyed by the Dune Kingdowms, before I could get to El-Kalabad. I decide to not risk a war with the Dune Kingdoms just yet, and instead opt to raid Vulture Mountain; where the third book of Nagash is said to be. I want that book.

My third legion, led by King Rakhash of the third dynasty, will begin my planned orders to raid the Coast of Araby with the secondary objective of sacking Martek. Nearing full strength. The action, will begin soon. My first legion will join the second in an invasion of Vulture Mountain to obtain that book. I want that book!

Diary log 64.

I make contact with the Dread Fleet, and soon, we have an accord and a non-aggression pact. On the way back from the Elven Ruins. Nji, of the Tlaqua Lizardmen, also contacts me. The strange reptiles of old seem friendly and I bear no i'll will to them. We too, agree to a non-aggression stance. Naturally, I have ulterior motives. I cannot afford to have too many setbacks and wars. The Black Pyramid is my goal, my beacon.

My first two legions attack the dwarfs at Vulture Mountain. The siege has begun.

Soon, very soon, that tome of Nagash will be in the palm of my hand.

edited January 2019
    Diary log 67.

Vulture Mountain has fallen to my legions, and with it the third book of Nagash.

With two of the books of Nagash now within my posession. I send forth my scouts to locate more, while my legions replenish their units.

edited January 2019
    Diary log 73.

The time has come to execute my war plan. Legions three and one march to the borders of Martek and The Black Tower. We are that close! Should I give diplomacy a chance, or should I be cautious.? No, attack!

I equip Hieratic jars to myself and King Rakhash. The enemy is stronger than I thought.

Do I continue, or do I attempt to get my long lost tomb blade that my scouts have now found?

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,656
    Has Settra not reared his ugly mug yet? I don’t know about your campaigns but he usually has the superior army and is a real handful to beat for me.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RikRiorik said:

Has Settra not reared his ugly mug yet? I don’t know about your campaigns but he usually has the superior army and is a real handful to beat for me.

I've encountered The Sentinels, Rakaph Dynasty and the Dune Kingdoms. It seems Settra is further east.

• AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    Nitros14 said:

Avadon said:

He's not really missing them. In the Tomb Kings army book he has the Lore of Death. Just the Lore of Death.

The other stuff is End Times.
    I know...but...the end will...come...

edited January 2019
    Diary log 72.

A thousand curses! My home, my goal, is now surrounded by four armies of the Rakaph Dynasty.

I choose to withdraw back to my closest towns and go for my trusty legendary blade. I will need it for the coming war.

My legendary blade back in my hands and the quest complete. I must now replenish my legion and bring it back up to strength.

It will be some time before I am able to move my legion and take on the task at hand. Now I must greater weapons of war. While my main first legion replenishes. I will make my move on Martek and sieze it. I must draw their forces away from the Black Pyramid.