Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shadow Crown Quest

SmourtneycheeseSmourtneycheese Registered Users Posts: 3
Any idea how to trigger the quest? Also i feel like this should be implimented iinto the game properly CA.

Comments

• ozzygeoozzygeo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    I think It is only for multiplayer.Confederated with Alith as Alarielle and he was level 23.There is no quest item.
  • SmourtneycheeseSmourtneycheese Registered Users Posts: 3
    Did they remove the Quest item then? There are set triggers to get these items throughout the campaign.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    edited January 2019
    Its probably another *shudders* "hidden" quest-less unique items. :'( I still have yet to get any of the other elves items, they are way to hard to trigger.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,140

Did they remove the Quest item then? There are set triggers to get these items throughout the campaign.

It had stupid triger, and it bound to Vortex
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 509
    ItalianSpartacus made a video about them.

Says the quest to take Nagarythe is supposed to automatically trigger ten turns into the campaign. Guess there are other requirements cause it never triggered in my previous AA campaigns. Really wanted to give my shadow king his crown :(
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    edited January 2019
    I've finished 3 Tyrion campaigns and never gotten his item I confederated Techlis and never got his either. I've played two Malekith campaigns and got his armor one time. They are ridiculous to get. Tyrion's must have a new trigger because it used to be to capture the phoenix gate but that gate is now always taken by the everqueen. I watched that video, was very disappointed to learn the triggers for the items is tied to the vortex.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,283
    I’ve used a mod in the past that let you get hold of the hiddem magic items somehow. So maybe such a mod would work for the crown aswell?

Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 509
    edited January 2019
    RikRiorik said:

I’ve used a mod in the past that let you get hold of the hiddem magic items somehow. So maybe such a mod would work for the crown aswell?

Yeah, this mod adds the shadow crown as a reward for one of the moon bow quests. Hasn't been updated in a while though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167310654
  • rad13rad13 Member Registered Users Posts: 632
    there is this mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1421679009

which gives each elven LL their other legendary items automatically on turn 1; but tones them down for balance reasons.

the mod author also provides instructions for how to undo the 'nerf' if you want to use the items are normal power levels.
  • SmourtneycheeseSmourtneycheese Registered Users Posts: 3
    Cheers for the help guys. Wonder if they will ever get round to patching this, seems so silly to not add them in properly.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,090
    Watch the video above. It does a decent job explaining that there are triggers, but some of the conditions are unknown even in the video.

And some of the conditions conflict, i.e. both the Everqueen and Tyrion have a goal of taking the phoenix gate, but Tyrion only gets his quest if the DE currently hold the phoenix gate, and he gets his quest much later than the ever queen gets hers.

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    whoever at CA had the glorious idea to make those items so friggin obscure to get... I mean, would it've been that difficult to make the main trigger "reach Level X or get Quest Item Y"? or heck, for all I care bind it to the quest item...
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • KeioelKeioel Registered Users Posts: 73
    This mod does NOT include the shadow crown. The only one I've found that includes the Shadow Crown is the one that rolls it into the moon bow quest, but like they said it hasn't been updated in a while but I've had no problems using it.
    rad13 said:

there is this mod:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1421679009

which gives each elven LL their other legendary items automatically on turn 1; but tones them down for balance reasons.

the mod author also provides instructions for how to undo the 'nerf' if you want to use the items are normal power levels.