Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 units overview: Chaos Furies

BiesBies Junior MemberPosts: 1,446Registered Users
Chaos Shrikes, Gargoyles, Crowns of Chaos

"I watched as the Furies picked over the corpse, squabbling in harsh tongues as they argued over the juiciest morsels from the feast."

—Liber Malefic

Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

Comments

• Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    edited January 26
    Oh Jeez~ i'm so intrugued to see how CA will made all those terrifying monsters, mutated warriors and daemons in WH3~

Where's mah monthly dose of WH3 hints, CA?

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,407Registered Users
    edited January 26
    Furies kinda suck..... They're okay as generic chaff but outside that they're really of no interest. The lore is neat as a bit of worldbuilding though.

Even then the fly makes them meh. Another better DoC unit will need to be tier 1 alongside them. Maybe they can just remove fly from them.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Metalhead69Metalhead69 Posts: 231Registered Users
    I guess the'd function Like Harpies
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,437Registered Users
    Don't DoC have a hound equivalent as well? Those and furies really make the only sense for tier one units, and Nurglings I suppose. I can't see their basic infantry like Bloodletters and Daemonettes being before tier two.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,407Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

Don't DoC have a hound equivalent as well? Those and furies really make the only sense for tier one units, and Nurglings I suppose. I can't see their basic infantry like Bloodletters and Daemonettes being before tier two.

True. They could have flesh hounds and furies being their tier 1's. That'd actually be neat.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 4,886Registered Users
    Honestly, I could see the core infantry demons being tier 1. Yes, they're stronger than most tier 1 infantry, but they can be done similarly to dwarfs - the tier 1 troops being what they are, balanced against being expensive, having small unit sizes, and not having a lot of chaff or ranged support.

Furies would be Harpy-equivalents, pretty much.
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 3,011Registered Users
    Issue with Flesh Hounds is that they are actually better than regular warhounds. They'd be more like ice wolves in tier. Bastically "tier 1.5"

Possibly better.