Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Just a little reminder ~~~~~~~~~~~

adjungadjung Posts: 154Registered Users

Forward onto Slaughter.

Comments

• makar55makar55 Posts: 1,426Registered Users
    I really miss guy who was asking for some kind of elf-thing be added to the game.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,014Registered Users
    But-but-but Charlemagnes!
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    On a personal note, I hope they try and re-release/replace the Call of the Beastmen DLC (including increasing the price) close to the release of WH3.

In the revamp you will at least get
    • All the marked beastmen; Khorngors, Pestigors, Tzaangors, Slaangors. Naturally they should have unique features such as Tzaangors having avian heads and small deformed wings, and Slaangors having heads consisting of multiple snakes. Given that the animations only need very minor alterations, this shouldn't be too hard to do.
    • One Extra LL, although not playable in the campaign of WH1. Given that the LL might be better placed somewhere in the darklands for WH3, the always roaming Ghorros Warhoof would fit well.
    • A new lord type, with the choice of either the Doombull or potentially a beastman variant of the Putrid Blightking (I might be mistaken but during the End Times weren't they potential options for leading beastmen armies).
    • The ghorgon could be good if it is similar to the Necrosphinx, being primarily a monster killer but far more squishy.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,350Registered Users
    Can't agree about gor gods.
    5 type of gors? And only one gonna be used, cos all time one of them just stronger than other.

Better gave gor blessed by god to monogod.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,049Registered Users
    edited January 28
    1, 2 Gotrek is coming for you.

Anyway. . . I 100% agree with that guy.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• ConradToskanConradToskan Posts: 137Registered Users
    makar55 said:

I really miss guy who was asking for some kind of elf-thing be added to the game.

We really need the Merwyrm in game... it is just a must for HE... and don't forget the archmage... and white lion chariots... yet most of all Skycutters!!! Flying boats pulled by birds are a must 😀

On a serious note: Beastmen really need some stuff... I would love to see the quite iconic and funny Jabber, yet the Ghorgon is more likely...
    A Doombull lord wouldn't even take effort... so CA, just do it!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,732Registered Users
    The Ghorgon has four arms. It's fundamentally different to the Giant and fundamentally more difficult.

The BM should get updated including the Jabber and Ghorgon, but this specific argument is fundamentally flawed.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,282Registered Users
    Jabberslythe yes, Preyton yes. The Ghorgon is just the mutated spawn of a threesome with two minotaurs and a giant.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,286Registered Users
    If the ghorgon ever gets added in, i can't wait to see the reactions on this forum. Just think about it for 10 seconds. It will explode!
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • woodychairwoodychair Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 28
    The Beastmen need their extra units and their campaign completely reworking. Can't see that happening in wh2 unfortunately.

• Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,228Registered Users

I got emotional...

Take my upvote, proud warrior...take it.

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
    edited January 28

But-but-but Charlemagnes!

"Charlemagnes" is a Genjutsu.

WH Novels:

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 912Registered Users
    "Ghorgon - Lost his battle with Charlemagne. Forever in our hearts."
  • SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,480Registered Users
    screw the stupid gorgon.

Jabberslythe or riot.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 643Registered Users

#ReleaseTheGhorgon

#FORGHORGON
    Jeez, bois~ mah beloved Ghorgon is not a Giant!

He's completely different from an oversized WH's "El Gigante" (RE4)~ for the love of Slaanesh! :|

WH Novels:

• EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 379Registered Users
    Why not give us some actualy useful units instead?
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,714Registered Users
    edited January 28

On a personal note, I hope they try and re-release/replace the Call of the Beastmen DLC (including increasing the price) close to the release of WH3.

In the revamp you will at least get

• All the marked beastmen; Khorngors, Pestigors, Tzaangors, Slaangors. Naturally they should have unique features such as Tzaangors having avian heads and small deformed wings, and Slaangors having heads consisting of multiple snakes. Given that the animations only need very minor alterations, this shouldn't be too hard to do.
    • One Extra LL, although not playable in the campaign of WH1. Given that the LL might be better placed somewhere in the darklands for WH3, the always roaming Ghorros Warhoof would fit well.
    • A new lord type, with the choice of either the Doombull or potentially a beastman variant of the Putrid Blightking (I might be mistaken but during the End Times weren't they potential options for leading beastmen armies).
    • The ghorgon could be good if it is similar to the Necrosphinx, being primarily a monster killer but far more squishy.
    I could really go for some dog-headed Khorngors! Edit: Now that I think about it I believe only Tzaangors and Khorngors were described as different animals than the norm, but I would love to see some ophidian Slaangors and insectile Pestigors.

If we assume Moonclaw is never going to happen (because him+Umbralok would be a lot of Charlemagnes) I say it is between Ghorros and Slugtongue for a Beastmen start outside the Old World. If it is an Old World start Taurox seems like a shoo-in.

Doombull would probably be best so not to have them leaning towards any specific chaos god.
    Post edited by FungusHound on
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 912Registered Users

He said contentiously, making no suggestion as to what such units might be.

How about this? Preyton. Jabberslythe. Fourth LL. God specifc units. More elves?
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 1,093Registered Users
    Ghorgon would actually be really useful for beastmen, especially in MU's like Vampire counts. A fairly mobile single model with some sort of regen, AP and possibly Anti-Large, could be a huge boon.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw

He said contentiously, making no suggestion as to what such units might be.

How about this? Preyton. Jabberslythe. Fourth LL. God specifc units. More elves?
    They should add the famous Beastmen Elf Chariot driven by a Cygor. They have far more elves than needed to pull a chariot that way you have spares when they use elves as artillery.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 374Registered Users
    LMAO at not useful Ghorgon! What a bad joke.

Ghorgon should be already in the game, in the first place.
    Second: Ghorgon must be added, to benefit the poor neglected BM roster.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,049Registered Users
    Wyvern2 said:

Ghorgon would actually be really useful for beastmen, especially in MU's like Vampire counts. A fairly mobile single model with some sort of regen, AP and possibly Anti-Large, could be a huge boon.

Also with an heavy-cavalry speed + Terror.

Ghorgon is exactly the unit BM need.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 273Registered Users
    Anyway, 100% agree with you, OP!

Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,732Registered Users
    edited January 28

Anyway, 100% agree with you, OP!

How's the Ghorgon equivalent to a Giant?

The Ghorgon has four arms. It's fundamentally different to the Giant and fundamentally more difficult.

The BM should get updated including the Jabber and Ghorgon, but this specific argument is fundamentally flawed because the Giant isn't equivalent to the Ghorgon. We also don't know where the resources for the Giant came from. It could've been planned for the TK all along but they simply ran out of time.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,837Registered Users
    Guys, we need a Ghorgon thread always to be on the forum's first page. Don't ever stop!

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,261Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Several off topic comments removed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • NoisdikaNoisdika Posts: 17Registered Users
    This **** has been pushing me off since game one. So many models are missing from the game, the reason being in my opinion, laziness and the mindset "oh, we already have similar models in the game or oh, we'll just reskin a giant and call it a beatsment giant because were lazy." Absolute ****, why I hate CA, Games Workshop should honestly fund for more employment on content creators, demand it.

Also, I'm positive chaos god derived units like Tzaangors will be added, just to game 3 though. But yeah Warhammer I was a test run to see how well the game would be recieved, which is why theres s bunch of copy and paste **** and lazy ass moves. You can clearly see how much more effort was put into game 2 once they realized the success of game 1; they need to go back and the texture a lot of the models from game 1, tweak some mechanics, but most IMPORTANTLY add the missing units everyone has been asking for and complaining about.
    Noisdika said:

This **** has been pushing me off since game one. So many models are missing from the game, the reason being in my opinion, laziness and the mindset "oh, we already have similar models in the game or oh, we'll just reskin a giant and call it a beatsment giant because were lazy." Absolute ****, why I hate CA, Games Workshop should honestly fund for more employment on content creators, demand it.

Also, I'm positive chaos god derived units like Tzaangors will be added, just to game 3 though. But yeah Warhammer I was a test run to see how well the game would be recieved, which is why theres s bunch of copy and paste **** and lazy ass moves. You can clearly see how much more effort was put into game 2 once they realized the success of game 1; they need to go back and the texture a lot of the models from game 1, tweak some mechanics, but most IMPORTANTLY add the missing units everyone has been asking for and complaining about.

I agree with the sentiment overall. It sucks that factions like the Beastmen and the Empire got the shaft.

However, I do think at the moment it is a little pre-mature to bash CA. I don't think they had much funding from SEGA to make this game initially and that is why the quality jumped as we have moved on and Warhammer has become a best seller. I would wait to see if they resolve the issue by Game 3 launch before getting that angry.

Don't get me wrong I do think the Charlemagne excuse was kinda bs, but still I don't think it was CA being lazy.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,569Registered Users, Moderators
    I don't know of any warhammer game that has ever had absolutely everything.

Goodness knows that even DoW didn't have Striking Scorpions.

Point is, some things are going to be left out.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour