Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lizards for Starters, Help appreciated

GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 384Registered Users
My attitude is to play a faction for many weeks until I hve understood the roster as complete as possible. Now that i have played VC for a couple of weeks it kinda gets stale, so why not start with a faction I have never really played seriously in QB.

Any LM armies for a starter? Any experts here? Help appreciated.

So many options here, it is kind of confusing. Mazamundi seems strong, but Kroq-Gar on Grymlok is what you usually see in tournaments. Air squad? Healing? I am looking for no cheese tho, just balanced army. thx

MAKE RECORDS MODE THE DEFAULT MODE FOR RANKED GAMES. Period.
No matter how negative i may sound, i love three kingdoms.

Comments

• Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 3,182Registered Users
    Bring rampaging units, group attack, grab coffee. :wink:
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,653Registered Users
    Kroq-Gar is taken for his mobility. Mazda is so big and slow, that against skilled players he just becomes a 3,000 gold missile magnet. Mazda also usually only pays for himself with those AoE damage spells against people who blob up...which better players don't do as much.

I'm not saying you should never bring Mazda or that you won't find him worthwhile. I actually bring Mazda more than Kroq-Gar myself just cuz it fits my style a little bit better, and I'm sort of lousy at dodging with Kroq-Gar anyway.

As far as builds, you'll obviously want to vary them between match ups, but right now, double laser bastilidon, Kroq-Gar on Grymloq, 4ish Saurus, 4ish skink skirmishers, and then a Skink hero or two (usually on a terradon), I've seen both a Heavens Caster as well as a Skink Chief an equal amount.

Saurus hold the line obiously. Skirmishers scare away flying goon squads/harass their low armor units. Kroq-Gar and the Bastilidons do most of the 'real' damage.

^^not saying this is the only build, or even the build that I run. Just that it (and its variants) seem to be super popular atm. If you're looking for some inspiration, I enjoy Reptile King on Youtube. He plays almost exclusively Lizardmen and is a top-tier player you can maybe pick out a couple builds from.
  • GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 384Registered Users
    Thanks Valkaar, I have met Reptile King in a very close 2vs2 match on Wicke_D's league, have the replay, will check it out. To my own surprise (I hesitate to admit it) my style of using Lizards SEEMS to be the super offensive build with Kroq and not the healing ways of Master Mazdamundi. We will see, thanks again.

• reizennnreizennn Posts: 19Registered Users
    I found 3 most common build templates for lizards to be useful:
    1. Heavy infantry build - 2 or 3 Temple guard, several saurus, maybe some kroxigors, Light slaan with birona's timewarp and pha's protection, some spears in the back and maybe a carnosaur to kill monster and cav.
    2. Skirmish build - Kroq on carno, 4 chameleons and some cav to protect them, skink priest and skink chief on terradons, 2 bastiladons (1 laser and 1 healer or 2 lasers) and some saurus to hold.
    3. Monster mash build - Mazdamundi on Zlaaq, carnosaur, another carnosaur or stegadon, saurus frontline and some chameleons or terradons.
  • GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 384Registered Users
    reizennn said:

I found 3 most common build templates for lizards to be useful:
    1. Heavy infantry build - 2 or 3 Temple guard, several saurus, maybe some kroxigors, Light slaan with birona's timewarp and pha's protection, some spears in the back and maybe a carnosaur to kill monster and cav.
    2. Skirmish build - Kroq on carno, 4 chameleons and some cav to protect them, skink priest and skink chief on terradons, 2 bastiladons (1 laser and 1 healer or 2 lasers) and some saurus to hold.
    3. Monster mash build - Mazdamundi on Zlaaq, carnosaur, another carnosaur or stegadon, saurus frontline and some chameleons or terradons.

Yup, that is pretty much what seems to work on QB, thanks @reizennn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file