Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Heroes & Ancillary Items

Want to know more about equipping your heroes for battle with ancillary items? Take a look at this video:

And, in case you missed it, we’ve got everything you need to know about heroes and the Guanxi system in last week’s let’s play – check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRy5KGxpQew

Comments

• tfwoods3tfwoods3 Registered Users Posts: 844
    Will there be different sets of armor for main characters like Cao Cao that will change their portraits?
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455
    edited January 2019
    I wonder if there can be equipment of the same type in the inventory, and if so if there would be an way to sell equipment, if a character had got a lot of equipment of the same type in his inventory.
  • Warlord_Lu_Bu#2268Warlord_Lu_Bu#2268 Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    If I can capture Cao Cao and Liu Bei... I want to force them to wear women's clothes and parade them around my army... after, I will cut their heads off to please my spirit!
    "I am the punishment of Tengger, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chinghis Haan Temujin
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Registered Users Posts: 24,445
    Tayvar said:

I wonder if there can be equipment of the same type in the inventory, and if so if there would be an way to sell equipment, if a character had got a lot of equipment of the same type in his inventory.

I believe you can share armour out to other characters.

If I can capture Cao Cao and Liu Bei... I want to force them to wear women's clothes and parade them around my army... after, I will cut their heads off to please my spirit!

Why would you do something like that to Cao Cao and Liu Bei? and no, I don't think that you can execute a character who is already part of your faction in this game, you can only exile the character, also there is likely no actual women's clothes in his game, even for female characters, maybe except for a default look for some female characters when they don't wear any type of armour.
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Registered Users Posts: 801
    tfwoods3 said:

Will there be different sets of armor for main characters like Cao Cao that will change their portraits?

No, I think they said that Legendary heroes have unique items that they always use.
    Sigmar wills it!
  • VirantoViranto Registered Users Posts: 476
    I hope modders can edit these. So we can have a lot of new armors, weapons and color variants. This would be amazing.
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Registered Users Posts: 6,113
    Where is the information about what the armour or other items do? If most of the items are just aesthetic and give a character happy it seems a bit of a letdown but so far I've only seen confirmation that legendary items give stat or bonus abilities.

Also in historical mode do equipped items give some bonus to the unit a hero is in?
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain

Tayvar said:

So common armour would be shared between all characters, and only unique armour would not be shared? well it's also a way to keep order in the characters inventory, without selling equipment.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Registered Users Posts: 24,445
    edited January 2019
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

So common armour would be shared between all characters, and only unique armour would not be shared? well it's also a way to keep order in the characters inventory, without selling equipment.
    After looking at one of the videos it seems that all the same armour, weapons etc. is available to all characters. I'm not sure if there's a rule for legendary equipment either it's not an option to change or it'll cause a moral bonus. There are certainly clear rules that state certain characters cannot equip certain items, like a sword and shield expert won't have access to a pole arm weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRy5KGxpQew