Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Not WWI Instead of medieval III

juankkjuankk Posts: 210Registered Users
Please CA I beg you not to do a WWII game instead of the so wished and dreamed medieval 3 for community, these days I’ve heard comments and you tubers talking about that possibility from CA
Don’t wreck this franchise

Comments

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,138Registered Users
    There is no CA involvement in other wishes. CA never stated anything about it, just wishful thinking of different individuals. I honestly don't understand the thing with medieval 3, I honestly remember as a boring long 1 hour battles, mobing in, fast forward almost all battles. Don't even start with some of map battles,100 % forest, all Indians faction , slow and boring fighting. Some of the campaiggs were good but it's not that amazing like people make it. It's long time it's mostly because of the modding community with mods like lotr and wharhammer
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,014Registered Users
    WW2 all the way.
    Sorry, but it must be made!
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Than steel division 2 is perhaps interesting for you 😉

Although i really find ww2 interesting medieval 3 would be super cool.

Anyway topic will be moved while this has nothing to do with 3k.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,648Registered Users
    While I will also prefer Medieval 3 (or. Game of Thrones lol, it will be like fictional Medieval 3), it will be interesting to see a Total War style World War 2 game. IMO it is extremely difficult to create Corps vs Corps battle like we see in Total War in a WW2 setting.

All WW2 tactical games take place on a much smaller scale for a very good reason.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,759Registered Users
    It's a long ways away, whatever the next title is. They still need to do Warhammer 3 + any additional Saga titles they choose to implement.

Like we're talking 3-4 years from now at least. Whatever input/consumer data speculation/marketing analytics they collect now likely won't be relevant or timely during the window they do start deciding what direction to take the full fledged historical title. They probably haven't started thinking about it development wise beyond the very very early concept stages.

That being said...given the fact that they've finally started experimenting with things such as offshore bombardments with black arks and aerial units/combat....I would say that WWI or WWII definitely seems like the roadmap they are paving....even if that direction still very subject to change at this point..
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,648Registered Users
    For TWWW2 proponents, I suggest Graviteam Tactics series. It comes the closest, and is much more realistic than Steel DIvision 2.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,797Registered Users
    anything post Victorian Era would make for a horrible TW imho.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,574Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Not Three Kingdoms related. Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,401Registered Users
    The only way I can see WW1 (or some version of it) being represented in a Total War game is as some kind of endgame event in a Victorian setting where the campaign ends around the 1890's or early 1900's, before the advent of machine gun tactics. WW1 as we know it just wouldn't work with the current Total War system.

Maybe in 10 or so years, we'll see something a Total War game set entirely in WW1, but it's not going to happen anytime soon, and not without a major rework of how the game works.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,038Registered Users
    I could handle a Steam Punk WW1(Iron Harvest) but it just doesn't suit a TW style game.