Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The many lies of Tzeetch...

GreenRavenGreenRaven Junior MemberPosts: 36Registered Users
"That skirt looks great on you"

"If you like your doctor, you can keep him"

"3K and WH will be worked on by separate teams"

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,146Registered Users, Moderators
    Oh ho ho.

We just got a Campaign Pack in November.

Most importantly, we got a patch that was updated something like two to three times just go live on Monday for TWW2. Clearly someone is doing something over there. Probably more than a skeleton crew as well.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 3,904Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Oh ho ho.

Most importantly, we got a patch that was updated something like two to three times just go live on Monday for TWW2. Clearly someone is doing something over there. Probably more than a skeleton crew as well.

The interns Monty and Wilson I'm sure.

Canuovea said:

Oh ho ho.

The interns Monty and Wilson I'm sure.
    I think this position underestimates the amount of work stuff like this requires, but I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,412Registered Users

"That skirt looks great on you"

"If you like your doctor, you can keep him"

"3K and WH will be worked on by separate teams"

"Why yes, we have ceased our nuclear weapons program"

"You can be anything you want to be when you grow up"

"Hey, 4th place is still very respectable, great job!"
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,046Registered Users
    You knew this games takes a while to do... The times between games were 2-3 years before Warhammer. Before empire there were not even dlc and still 3 years took to make a new game. Now they have a team on saga, the bug fixes and new game to develop. Three kingdom it's a lot different from the other total wars, totally different UI, art, models, voice acting, siegies, minor settlements, AI, guanxy system, equipment system, maps, campaign map, balance, characters model and art, spy system, diplomacy system working with guanxy one and so on. Do you really think they are going on a small team of 50 people doing this and 2 wharhammer games, plus Rome 2 updates + thrones of Britannia, plus a lot of dlc just in 3 years. Just the preorder DLC for 3 kingdoms it takes a studio -bulgaria team to develop. Wharhammer 1 was moving faster because the game was simple, few races, few mechanics, a single map with a lot of restrictions and very simple campaign mechanics. Now they are 15 races on 2 maps, plus old world update to do.
    Honestly I don't know, but even history just total war players doesn't sound that extreme and pushy for content in the several years gap
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 11,520Registered Users
    Of course there's separate teams, it's just the numbers aren't always the same. This is logical.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 16,792Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Quick question, since I'm not a Warhammer fan or player, what is this thread about?
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 1,794Registered Users
    dge1 said:

Quick question, since I'm not a Warhammer fan or player, what is this thread about?

Well, long story short, the "separate teams" explanation was used by CA to ward away fears that multiple projects would interfere with each other. Since content has been very slow compared to Warhammer I, and CA has a policy of not releasing content even for different games within the same month, the "separate teams" is largely viewed as a joke.

Granted, somebody has to be working on Warhammer since we just had a patch a couple days ago, but the content is still slow, with the next DLC coming at the earliest a month after 3K's release. This is more of a Warhammer-specific meme than anything else.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,913Registered Users
    dge1 said:

The community, including sensible people, feels abandoned by CA. We believe the decision is deliberate and that it is an attempt to force us to buy 3k.

In those circumstances, it might be thought inflammatory to post something like this. Even if you disagree with us, this is our reasoned and genuine belief.

Straws break camels backs.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

HoneyBun said:

dge1 said:

The community, including sensible people, feels abandoned by CA. We believe the decision is deliberate and that it is an attempt to force us to buy 3k.

In those circumstances, it might be thought inflammatory to post something like this. Even if you disagree with us, this is our reasoned and genuine belief.

I don't think the community feels that way at all and "force us to buy 3k?" how? They don't have a gun to our heads.

Anyway I Believe @dge1's question was rhetorical.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,412Registered Users
    I thought it was a discussion about Tzeentch at large in the world >.>
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,913Registered Users

HoneyBun said:

dge1 said:

I don't think the community feels that way at all and "force us to buy 3k?" how? They don't have a gun to our heads.

We all know by now that you take the opposite view. I respect your right to do so.

I also think it is increasingly clear that your view is an outlier.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

edited January 31
    Technically, what I would guess dge1 was attempting to ascertain is what type of discussion this is and if it should be here.

I was wondering the same thing, though I believe it rather obvious now to be a business discussion. In which case it is in the wrong section of the forum and will be moved to the right section right... about...

Now.
    edited January 31
    HoneyBun said:

HoneyBun said:

dge1 said:

We all know by now that you take the opposite view. I respect your right to do so.

I also think it is increasingly clear that your view is an outlier.

I'll bite.

It's easy to claim that, I could say the opposite and it'd be equally valid. I don't though namely because claiming majority without evidence is a poor argument, and I also don't care if my, or your views are outliers or majority, it's not relevant.

As to the personal view of me; I'm not interested. Your approval or disapproval isn't relevant to me.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,376Registered Users

Of course there's separate teams, it's just the numbers aren't always the same. This is logical.

Which is pretty much the same as saying "there are no separate teams".
    Pocman said:

Which is pretty much the same as saying "there are no separate teams".
    Not at all.
  • TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Posts: 717Registered Users
    edited January 31
    Canuovea said:

Technically, what I would guess dge1 was attempting to ascertain is what type of discussion this is and if it should be here.

I was wondering the same thing, though I believe it rather obvious now to be a business discussion. In which case it is in the wrong section of the forum and will be moved to the right section right... about...

Now.

A meme discussion... where people have some fun and relax after (or during in my case) their long day of work? We don't get paid in Charlemagnes you know
    We kill-slay all surface-things yes yes? Wait... no no... beard-things are not not surface-things... kill beard-things too... and surface things... yes yes.

I add this image of Ikit Claw to beak up the monotony that threads can fall into (except the screenshot one). I take no credit for it and the author seems to be watermarked on it.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 1,717Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Oh ho ho.

Obviously this is true however in what world with entirely separate teams does a lp take as long as said pack and also november isn’t just got it anymore it has now been as while.

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 5,870Registered Users
    The patches deployed before xmas and then updates to it shows CA gets that warhammer is key and they want to show attention to it.

But they cant do anything more because marketing and leadership has stopped them so that warhammer wont compete with 3Ks release. It is good business to do this.

And ill be honest as much as id love DoW or Araby (i dont want to more undead in many years) patching is even better. I want more patches, more balance changes and then new content.

Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 3,851Registered Users
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and separate teams"

The patches deployed before xmas and then updates to it shows CA gets that warhammer is key and they want to show attention to it.

But they cant do anything more because marketing and leadership has stopped them so that warhammer wont compete with 3Ks release. It is good business to do this.

PDX and Amplitude don't seem to have a problem releasing content for multiple games at the same time. Amplitude even makes discounted packages for Endless Legend and Endless Space DLC. And it's owned by SEGA.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 5,870Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and separate teams"

Lol good one.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Separate teams.. I work in personnel within the RAF, however during periods of emergency I and many others who work in other departments will work in security.

Does this mean now that departments/trades no longer exist? No.

During the period of a major release it's all hands on deck (The 3K deck).

Separate teams.. I work in personnel within the RAF, however during periods of emergency I and many others who work in other departments will work in security.

That's true, but I remember them saying that the release of 3K wouldn't have impacted WH schedule *because of separate teams*. That kinda implies the teams aren't just flexible workflow units.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,785Registered Users
    Here a video of the advisor who was a big CA's fanboy and believed that there is separated teams. :)

4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

That's true, but I remember them saying that the release of 3K wouldn't have impacted WH schedule *because of separate teams*. That kinda implies the teams aren't just flexible workflow units.
    That could've been the case at the time but it would still be expected for the teams to merge during a release, but once Norsca/ME had put them behind schedule adding that they even told us that WH DLC takes longer due to ME, the situation changes. It's reasonable to assume that the problem wasn't the teams combining but the original push back and complications of ME.