Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do the Greenskins have enough missing content to justify a dlc & flc combo

Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,366
Here me out. The Greenskins have a lot missing so I reckon there’s enough to do to have a dlc & flc combo

Flc:
1. Stone trolls
2. Spear chukka
3. Savage giant
4. Black orc hero
5. Savage orc hero
6. Big un warboss hero (wyvern mount?)
7. Generic savage orc lord
8. Savage orc rors
9. Rework of the waagh
10. Rework of the tech tree
11. Move azhag to troll country

Dlc:
1. Hobgoblins
2. Forrest goblins with aranarok Mount
3. Snotlings
4. Squig mangler
5. Colossal squig
6. River trolls
7. Grom the paunch
8. New goblin mechanic
9. A couple of new rors with the new pack

This would be awesome imo and I’d happily pay £10 for it

Comments

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,604
    You could say that for most factions really.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,366
    Amonkhet said:

You could say that for most factions really.

I know but I like Greenskins 😉
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,569
    Definitely yup~

and yup again...I’d happily pay 10-15 bucks for it and for all the other races, obviously~
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 8/10 (re-read)
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 7.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,075
    I don’t think that it’s likely for us to get 10 pieces of FLC, as much as I’d also like to see it!

I don’t think that it’s likely for us to get 10 pieces of FLC, as much as I’d also like to see it!

True but for the flc I’m expecting reskins. I mean the black orc hero would surely be a reskin of grimgor.

The big un hero would be a reskin of the orc warboss lord.

Stone trolls would be a reskin of regular trolls

The savage giant would be a simple reskin of the regular giant.

Only real new unit would be the savage orc lords/ heroes
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,873
    Theo91 said:

True but for the flc I’m expecting reskins. I mean the black orc hero would surely be a reskin of grimgor.

The big un hero would be a reskin of the orc warboss lord.

Stone trolls would be a reskin of regular trolls

The savage giant would be a simple reskin of the regular giant.

Only real new unit would be the savage orc lords/ heroes
    By big un hero do you perhaps mean a black orc big boss? A big un is just a normal orc that's bigger and more experienced, so by definition all orc warbosses and big bosses are already big uns.

That aside I agree that there needs to be an orc melee hero, really strange that they did not include it when they both captains and generals for the empire, thanes and lords for dwarfs etc.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Depends if you are a campaign player, or a multiplayer player.

With the exception of the big stabba, if it is a small unit with a very large anti-large bonus + immune to psychology, none of these units would help the greenskins out in multiplayer. Snotlings won't get in because they are a swarm unit. All the troll variants are already very awkward unit to use, and additional variants probably wouldn't help either. Greenskins have more than enough chariot options, and don't need a weaker and non-ranged variant of a doomwheel. Black orc bosses are cool, but will suffer from the same problems that dwarf thanes and empire captains have unless they fill in that anti-large niche. I can come up with similar reasons for the rest of these units, except for RoR in which CA can invent almost anything for them.

In fact probably a unit that would be very useful is just the basic orc spear boyz.

As for campaign then sure why not, almost all units can be useful with the right lord buffs and technology research. Savage orc warboss would be good for savage orc factions.
    I think this would give a lot of options in MP.

Shielded and spear variants of units would definitely change how people approached different factions

A more durable melee hero which can anchor an army would be useful.

The colossal squig could be an AL ap monster

Trolls are useful for the GS cos their mass can help counter cav. Armoured or poison variants - river or stone trolls - would definitely add options

Albeit I will admit I came at this from a SP point of view
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 770
    They can even expand with some other units like Rogue Idol of Gork/Mork, I'm not sure about Mangler Squigs or Squig artillery

There is certainly possibility for nice flc or dlc additions .

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    I'd limit your prospects to army book units only. Not that I wouldn't want to see some of the FW units, but CA seems pretty reluctant to include those in races which had up to date books as of 8th edition. With that in mind, I'd cross off the Colossal Squig and Hobgoblins (which should be part of the Chaos Dwarfs anyway as other Greenskins won't deal with them). Was there ever a Savage variant for the Giant? Even between races the Giant is the same unit with the same stats, I see no reason for there to be a second variant for the Greenskins. As for RoRs, Greenskins already have the most of any race so far at 12, they'd probably be the lowest priority to get any more. Though it's a shame all but 2 of them are goblin units.

Priority of units that I think they should get-
    1. Orc Big Boss- could be standard Orcs or of the Black or Savage variety
    2. Orc Spear Boyz- just to make them less reliant on Big'Uns
    3. Stone and River Trolls- Greenskin's Troll game should be top tier (with the exception of Throgg of course)
    4. Mangler Squig- it's just a cool unit
    5. Spear Chukka- so that the Dwarf Bolt Thrower looks good by comparison ;)

Anything after that is just gravy. It's kind of a shame that Greenskins were first out the gate. Their TT roster is so broad and deep that they could have benefited immensely from the extra TLC that newer races got. Same could be said of the Empire and WoC.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,313
    The whole game has enough missing content to justify three times the DLC, really.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    Hobgoblins iirc are not part of the Greenskin roster. As a matter of fact the other Greenskins hate them quite strongly due to their betrayal of them to the Chaos Dwarfs. They'd kill them rather than work with them.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    I'd find find stuff like the rogue idol, mangler squig, squig gobba and river troll hag really funny, but I strongly doubt that it will happen.
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 844
    Snotling pump wagon would be a very, very good addition to the greenskins. Takes some heat of the boys when charging. Currently the only unit i support being added to them.

Campaign/mechanisms could use some more love. Focus should be on that instead of more blobbing of their rooster imo
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,273
    Wez literally throwing our money at CA, but nothing happens :/
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,001
    Hobgoblins are not Greenskins, per se. They couldn't be a Greenskins DLC, they'd have to be their own race pack -- which I HIGHLY support (for game 3).

As for the rest of that stuff being DLC... it should just be in... but, I would totally pay the cash to get it just because they're my favorites and they desperately need some love.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,078
    The Snotling Pump Wagon is iconic and its my most desired unit for the greenskins.

The second thing I'd want is a orc general in a chariot.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,193
    There's plenty to be done with Orcs. Hopefully they continue to be updated well into game 3. A Grom LP DLC would go a long way to solving their issues too.

That's literally not the case unless you went to CA HQ and threw money at it for some reason, in which case I want said money please.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

I'd like some too. Ill pass them on to CA for you, i drive by there litteraly every morning! (no i won't and no i don't)
  • KeklemesheklesKeklemeshekles Registered Users Posts: 14
    I just introduced a friend into TW playing an Orc Multiplayer campaign as you can support each other quite well as Grimgor and Wurrzag.

Went nice to start but as soon as higher tier armies appeared we got facerolled by settra and his army of 7 chariots and the Vampires with 6 units of black knights.

I am not inexperienced but could not win the battles and trying to explain to my friend that orcs roster was just so lacking in dealing with anything large.

They are rlly desperate for something, which is a shame seeing as they already had DLC (which we all happily paid for)

If you build it they will come CA.
  • KeklemesheklesKeklemeshekles Registered Users Posts: 14

Moar Teef
    Orcs as a race struggle against swarm armies. Thats when their army diversity starts to shine. Gobbos, trolls even giants start to have a nice, níce when facing the non-archer swarmie-armies. Boar boys lasts a hellofalot longer against skellie archers than against Wood Elves. Waagh magic does two things well; kills big blobs fast -once or twice- during a battle. Or kills a hero once during a battle so conserve the ammo for something important.

When locked in melee foot of mork (or gork) is awesome combined with a boar charge.

Always keep some big'uns close to Grimgor in case some horsies or dragons wanna git stomped
  • hopefulveilhopefulveil Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 92
    edited February 2019
    In Warhammer 3, wouldn't there be a chaos Dwarve faction with Hobgoblins as a unit? Perhaps when a DLC for them is present we'd get a corresponding improvement to Green Skins.

For Warhammer 2, perhaps if there's an invasion/ errantry war or mercenary mechanic from old war factions, there may be enough material to justify a flc/dlc thing. (i'm just grasping for straws here.)
    Well, you see... normally... you can equip boyz with spearz. Black Orcs already come with one of everything.

Wolf Riders and Boar Boyz can have spearz, too. And Goblins can have spearz.

SPEARZ EVERYWHERE!!!!

There's even a spear chukka.

But nope, not in TWWH.

Spearz were too advanced technologically for greenskins to invent in TWWH, cuz pointy sticks are hard.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,721
    How DARE you forget the most glorious units of them all:

Its a squig....SPITTING SQUIGS

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,721
    Itharus said:

Well, you see... normally... you can equip boyz with spearz. Black Orcs already come with one of everything.

SPEARZ EVERYWHERE!!!!

But nope, not in TWWH.

Spearz were too advanced technologically for greenskins to invent in TWWH, cuz pointy sticks are hard.

Dude, its called "faction design".

Greenskins and Dwarves do not have spear units, despite there being the possibilities for both. Its a matter of making the factions more diverse in how they deal with different things. Dwarves have their basic infantry with charge defense against large and greenskins have their meatshield units.

Spears of goblins? Too small and do you think they know how to properly use them against cavalry and large monsters?
    They do not act in "formations" or in "lines", they scream and yell at the enemy and bash them.

So even if greenskins HAD proper spears/halberds they wouldnt use them "right".

They have more mass/goblins for taking charges or boar boyz for countercharges.
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 624
    I've said it many times, but WH2 was released way too soon. There was so much more content to be mined out of WH1, the races of the Old World have so much lore and context behind them, it's a crying shame they got this surface level treatment.

I want proper troll variety for Greenskins so much. And a Black Orc Warboss, and a Savage Orc Warboss! Man it would make so much more sense if Savage Orc army spawns were led by Savage Orc Warbosses!

Itharus said:

SPEARZ EVERYWHERE!!!!

But nope, not in TWWH.

Dude, its called "faction design".

Greenskins and Dwarves do not have spear units, despite there being the possibilities for both. Its a matter of making the factions more diverse in how they deal with different things. Dwarves have their basic infantry with charge defense against large and greenskins have their meatshield units.

Spears of goblins? Too small and do you think they know how to properly use them against cavalry and large monsters?
    They do not act in "formations" or in "lines", they scream and yell at the enemy and bash them.

So even if greenskins HAD proper spears/halberds they wouldnt use them "right".

They have more mass/goblins for taking charges or boar boyz for countercharges.
    You obviously know nothing about WH lore or TT gameplay and think you're some kinda balancing guru. GTFO. Shoo!

How DARE you forget the most glorious units of them all:

Its a squig....SPITTING SQUIGS

Hahaha that’s where I drew the line in my post
    For me, one of the most fun parts to the GS faction is their variety.

Yes their roster is large but it’s not filled with CA created units or superfluous units and there’s plenty that are missing.

I can’t understand the logic for not including weapon varieties of different units like borcs with shields or orcs with spears

Why only one troll variant? Seems crazy to me