Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"Easy" - A little smarter "skirmish stance" ?

cans4852cans4852 Posts: 71Registered Users
edited February 3 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hey, I was playing this HE Alith Anar campaign. And of course i'm trolling the ai with my shadow walkers at this point.

But I've noticed something that maybe easy to improve: I had these master ambushers archers on skirmish stance against the AI stack with 10 + shades. Well in this case the skirmish stance was good for nothing because as the shades also have a ranged attack they didn't trigger the "skirmish retreat" to keep a distance from them, so of course if the shades are in range to shoot they will destroy the shadow walkers with AP arrows.

I know I was not smart enough to keep them moving around and out of range and blah blah. But I think the need to do this to fight against a ranged unit kind of breaks the purpose of "skirmish stance" not ?

So I think it would be nice to give a little improvement by asking this question when in "skimish stance" for a unit:

My range is X, The enemy coming to engage has a ranged attack of range = Y (0 range if melee idk w.e.).
If X > Y then i should keep at least a distance of Y +1 -> Allowing to properly make a smart use of superior range.
Else -> Well, it should be the regular thing we have now.

This would make sense imo I don't know, however, is it that hard to evaluate if a unit is targeting another ? Idk if that's possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file