Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Jabberslythe spotted on a Gamespot video!

Comments

• harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 718Registered Users
    Tankred56 said:

Man this thing ugly. So why again all of you are want it?

Because a game filled with beautiful white ponies and magestic eagles and handsomely manicured poodles enjoing tea would be lame as **** bruh
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 4,322Registered Users
    It's a Khornate Jabberslythe (Chaosbane has enemies separated by Chaos God it appears),
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 198Registered Users
    Would you pay on a micro-transaction basis? $1 for a jabber, $1 for ghorgon and wargor?

Might be tough getting everyone’s games to match for multiplayer tho...
  • RikisRikis Posts: 697Registered Users

charlemagne excuses dropped into "Bullsh*t "level the moment when TK DLC was released...now it's just CA lazy and people that believe that creating a model would mean bankrupt for CA even if Warhammer 2 is like the richest game CA has ever made

It was nonsense way before that, when the Wood Elves hit the market if you ask me.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    I was expecting another funny but bitter meme thread campaigning for the Jabberslythe. I'm very surprised, happy, sad and exasperated all at once. I wasn't really interested in Chaosbane, but now however I think I might get it when it releases, cannot help but wonder if some of its developers are sad TW Warhammer fans themselves.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 3,250Registered Users
    CA is really good at 'make cheap and sell expensive' stuff. Charlemagnes for the Charlemagne throne. Much Joyeuse.

I want this beautiful Jabba thing and flying Malagor. Also I'll take Stone, River and Chaos trolls for Throgg. I don't mind Chaos ones getting new textures or remodel to set them apart from WoC bunch. In fact I think I need to make a thread about it. More trolls for the king of trolls.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,586Registered Users
    I bet all of you people complaining about the Charlemange excuse don't even know that CA didn't say that developing the Jabberslythe would cost as much as developing the Charlemange campaign pack.
    ò_ó
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 4,302Registered Users
    There’s a certain humour to this even though it has no actual relevance xD.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Warlocke said:

I bet all of you people complaining about the Charlemange excuse don't even know that CA didn't say that developing the Jabberslythe would cost as much as developing the Charlemange campaign pack.

Direct quote:

"For example, adding the Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne. "

Now go back to r/iamverysmart.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,276Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

Direct quote:

"For example, adding the Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne. "

Source of the quote
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/180618/quick-q-amp-a-call-of-the-beastmen/p1
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,703Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

Direct quote:

yes. But others have misquoted that as the Jabberslythe costing as much as Age of Charlemagne. And the meme is used doesn't help in anyway to not increase the believe that this is meant.

Also, DLC have a budget... unfortunate, yes, but it wouldnt be hard to believe that Beastmen had the smallest Campaign pack Budget.
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
    Don't think anyone in this thread actually said "whole Charlemange DLC". People just use "Charlemange" as a new merit because everyone knows the context.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,703Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Don't think anyone in this thread actually said "whole Charlemange DLC". People just use "Charlemange" as a new merit because everyone knows the context.

no. 've seen, not in this thread but other places, this forum as well, enough people who just latched on the "Charlemagne" without actually knowing the whole context. even when the meme was still RELATIVELY young i've seen somebody claiming that "CA claims the Jabberslythe would be as expensive as Age of Charlemagne!"
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    It doesn't have very good animations. No tongue attack. I guess it is fine, though.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited February 4

Enforest said:

no. 've seen, not in this thread but other places, this forum as well, enough people who just latched on the "Charlemagne" without actually knowing the whole context. even when the meme was still RELATIVELY young i've seen somebody claiming that "CA claims the Jabberslythe would be as expensive as Age of Charlemagne!"
    Well, that doesn't make CA's excuse better in any way though.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,111Registered Users
    Enforest said:

It's an old meme. Like all old meme's its original purpose has slowly been eroded till it is nothing but a husk.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • JhoDeviloJhoDevilo Posts: 39Registered Users
    Team Chaosbane: "your turn, CA"

CA: "what about new multiplayer only maps?"

Team Chaosbane: "..."

C'mon CA! This small team created over 70 monsters and units for their game. Jabber included. That's right, the charlemagnes thing apparently more expensive than all the Tomb Kings and Coast monsters...
    Open your eyes and give some love to the Beastmen, the most neglected race of the game!
  • JhoDeviloJhoDevilo Posts: 39Registered Users

Enforest said:

It's an old meme. Like all old meme's its original purpose has slowly been eroded till it is nothing but a husk.
    "Too many Charlemagnes" is more than alive, bruh.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 3,985Registered Users
    Tankred56 said:

Man this thing ugly. So why again all of you are want it?

That's kinda the whole point, you know.
    tanspan88 said:

Would you pay on a micro-transaction basis? $1 for a jabber, $1 for ghorgon and wargor?

I would. I actually said day one on the Steam boards that we would never, ever have had decently complete rosters and factions without at least some kind of microtransaction model (not necessarily single units, but multiple packs). And here we are, I was right.

Now, I understand why people reach for their gun when they hear the very word, but a sensible store-like approach would have resulted in a far more interesting game.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 697Registered Users
    Its kind of comparing apples and oranges you know... Totally different games and whatnot.

That being said though, If beastmen would have come out as a dlc for game 2 it would have all the big uns and then some. "Looks at Tomb Kings"
  • SteamageSteamage Posts: 152Registered Users

charlemagne excuses dropped into "Bullsh*t "level the moment when TK DLC was released...now it's just CA lazy and people that believe that creating a model would mean bankrupt for CA even if Warhammer 2 is like the richest game CA has ever made

This was already clear with the Hell Pit abomination and the CA staff even make free great animation can be seen at the fights. LIke (Malekith vs Tyrion)

Well, they said that it would have costed as much as the whole *art budget* of Charlemagne. Which is quite believable, as every single Charlemagne unit was a reskin of something already existing in Attila. It actually points out how cheap to make is historical content.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,111Registered Users
    Looks pretty bad.

I'd expect a lot better from CA.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 3,801Registered Users
    tanspan88 said:

No.

Because it's bad enough I paid full price for that cack Race Pack in the first place, without asking me to pay extra to give it a roster that's actually worth the price.

• BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,386Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

It doesn't have very good animations. No tongue attack. I guess it is fine, though.

its alpha version ;)
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

Enforest said:

Warlocke said:

Direct quote:

Thank you for posting a quote to explicitly prove my point. :smile:

I have never posted on or visited reddit, so I don’t get the significance of what I assume is some sort of slight against me.
    ò_ó
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    Bies said:

Canuovea said:

its alpha version ;)
    That is good then, because it would be very disappointing.

The modelling and animating is also probably quite a bit different between the two games.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 16,120Registered Users
    edited February 4
    It's pretty easy to laud the Jabberslythe when the game will probably only include units from WoC, DoC and BM and a pinch of Empire not much more beyond that at all. Wouldn't trade the TWWH rosters for that.

edited February 5
    Enforest said:

Enforest said:

Well, that doesn't make CA's excuse better in any way though.
    It wasn’t CA’s excuse. The excuse was that it wasn’t within their budget to make the Jadderslythe in the Beastmen DLC, as the DLC was already expensive to make. The Jadderslythe remark was simply CA providing an example of how much more expensive these units are to make than the content of their previous games.
    I
    "Regarding the pricing of the DLC ($19 when the pre-order discount goes away), CA state that “Call of the Beastmen required around three times more content and effort than previous large DLCs we’ve done”. They cite the number of new creature models, and animations, plus the creation of the separate campaign as costly endeavours. In fact, cost is also the reason given for the lack of Ghorgons/Jabbers/Harpies in the Beastman roster. “The Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne,” they suggest."
    Post edited by Warlocke on
    ò_ó