Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

C.A. makes a new FPS game.

2»

Comments

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,527Registered Users
    Ironically Spartan Total Warrior is where the attacking the gates with normal soldiers started.

I did love the game though.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,629Registered Users

Ironically Spartan Total Warrior is where the attacking the gates with normal soldiers started.

I don’t ever remember hitting a gate with my sword but that’s an interesting fact!
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,527Registered Users

I don’t ever remember hitting a gate with my sword but that’s an interesting fact!
    I think it was the first level where your defending the Walled Sparta and the Romans are trying to break the gate open by attacking it by Sword. Happens multiple times during the Level after the Siege Tower area.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• JackMack10JackMack10 Posts: 114Registered Users
    edited February 5
    I liked "Spartan Total Warrior" a lot back on the PS2, I even played "Viking Battle for Asgard" but I have to say besides the unique "Total War strategy series" we are all familiar with... Alien Isolation is without a doubt, the best game they ever made up to this point.

* had to add this

I would really like to see a modern action/fighting game set in Alexander's period or Barbarian Invasion type of thing with the Romans on the defense (similar to Spartan total Warrior on PC). It would be cool if besides fighting, it would have a story, correct arms & armor, details like troops talking to one another, before engaging the enemy (ex Rome II)
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Unrelated to their Total War series. The only time I'll be concerned that one might impact the other is if one bombs horrifically and negatively impacts the development funding of the other. Until then, this isn't related in any way.

That being said, they've actually got a pretty good track record in games outside the Total War series. Alien Isolation is a **** masterclass in modern survival horror. And hell Halo Wars 2 wasn't bad all things considered. Like the fact they were told to design an RTS playable with a controller. Control scheme is everything people, the only traditional RTS to get non keyboard mouse controls right was Battle for Middle Earth 2. Stop trying.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,938Registered Users
    And here I thought CA exclusively made Total War games!

Depending on what it is and what platforms it is released on it might be interesting. Doubt it though. Can’t remember the last FPS I bought and played. Maybe the first Metro 2033? Unless you want to count Fallout 4 which I bought because I loved Fallout 1 back in the day.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Neil Blomkamp was to be the director of one of the new Alien movies (Number 5 IIRC) before Ridley Scott got his tired old hands back on them.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,003Registered Users
    The office that makes their FP shooters is a different office then the one that works on Total War games. Forgot where I saw it but regardless, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,967Registered Users

Neil Blomkamp was to be the director of one of the new Alien movies (Number 5 IIRC) before Ridley Scott got his tired old hands back on them.

Perhaps another Alien universe shooter then? Considering that they've had the licence before and scored big-time with it.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 936Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

Perhaps another Alien universe shooter then? Considering that they've had the licence before and scored big-time with it.
    Sega even said there is one Alien shooter game for PC and consoles in development. The sane, which Bloomkamp will look at.

ridley scott is such an ***hole for canceling Bloomkamps vision of an Alien restart. He had the plan to rewrite the story after Aliens and to redcon Alien 3 and 4. Scotts prometgeus is such a bull****
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,200Registered Users
    I am relatively certain, that in THIS CASE, separate teams are actually a thing between FPS content and Warhammer Total War :-P

Blokamp eh... I wonder if it's a district 9 based shooter?

Man I really want district 10 so bad. D9 desperately needs that sequel!
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 422Registered Users
    Itharus said:

I am relatively certain, that in THIS CASE, separate teams are actually a thing between FPS content and Warhammer Total War :-P

Blokamp eh... I wonder if it's a district 9 based shooter?

Man I really want district 10 so bad. D9 desperately needs that sequel!

Eh waited for a sequel for so long, but the ship has sailed.
    Blomkamp kind of killed his own career, as he went downhill from D9.
    Elysium was meh, nothing memorable.
    Chappie was just bad, and probably what lost him the directorial seat for the Alien sequel.

Was really looking forward for his take on the franchise. Unfortunately it went back to Scott, who made such a terrible movie that tried to over-explain everything and made the whole universe very very tiny (no spoilers!)

/offtopic rant off
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

CA has made a bunch of non-Total War stuff while also making Total War stuff.

Didn't they make Halo Wars 2? And Alien Isolation?

I don't see this being a problem.

Exactly this is not news and is only relevant to point out to people silly enough to genuinely believe in entirely separate teams.

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Wyvax said:

Sega even said there is one Alien shooter game for PC and consoles in development. The sane, which Bloomkamp will look at.

ridley scott is such an ***hole for canceling Bloomkamps vision of an Alien restart. He had the plan to rewrite the story after Aliens and to redcon Alien 3 and 4. Scotts prometgeus is such a bull****
    Really? Cool! Alien: Isolation is the only horror game that I've ever wanted to play and I enjoyed it furiously. And I've got Aliens vs. Predator in my backlog which I suspect I'll enjoy too.

Recently watched the entire quadrilogy, had seen 1 and 2 before and liked them a lot. 3 was just pointless and 4 was over the top campy nightmare fuel. I kind of liked Prometheus but yeah it definitely doesn't scratch the same itch as a traditional Alien film. Not seen Covenant, nor interested really.

But on topic, @Itharus pretty much hit the nail on the head in this thread. There's no overlap between the folks working on the coming FPS and TW, maybe the marketing folks, but nothing else. Hopefully whatever it is it does well and the company devotes more resources to all of its title because of it.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,050Registered Users
    Wouldn't play an action game even if my life depended on it. As for resources, they are already stretched extremely thin, doubt it could get any worse.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,790Registered Users

Canuovea said:

Exactly this is not news and is only relevant to point out to people silly enough to genuinely believe in entirely separate teams.
    I don't see how it rules that out at all.

Teams probably simply have more or less people in them dependant on circumstance as has always been logical.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,323Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

The office that makes their FP shooters is a different office then the one that works on Total War games. Forgot where I saw it but regardless, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

That's a relief to hear ;)
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 441Registered Users
    And Suddenly, CA annouces that Lord pack is delayed till they finish the FPS
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 776Registered Users
    edited February 6
    Honestly I would hate to see CA to go the way of Telltale Games.

At the moment they have multitude of projects running simultaneously. This worries me a little.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,225Registered Users
    They made the very popular Alien Isolation, recently there was a mobile game which seems to be prestory for the new main Alien Isolation.

So I guess thats it.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 936Registered Users
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Wyvax said:

Oh sry I mixed two different news.
    CA doesnt developes an Alien game, its a Developer from Fox. CA works on a shooter in an new franchise.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users

Canuovea said:

Teams probably simply have more or less people in them dependant on circumstance as has always been logical.
    Is what meant by entirely separate it is probably exactly as you describe in this post.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,790Registered Users
    edited February 8

Canuovea said:

Is what meant by entirely separate it is probably exactly as you describe in this post.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.