Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Embarrassing, CA.

DLC_confirmedDLC_confirmed Posts: 70Registered Users
I dont often do this.

But this game was a huge Embarrassment. I have seen over haul mods play and work far better than this. I should not have to rely on modders to finish you're games CA. You should feel ashamed of your selves if you are pushing this out and actually selling it.

I genuinely am so lost for words with this game.

I only have 700 hours with Total War: Attila, but i quite enjoyed it. Specially Charlemagne. Total War: Thrones of Britannia, i can barely stomach more than 7 hours.

I have purchased every Total War game. Almost every DLC, to support the franchise. However i will not be purchasing Total War: Three Kingdoms.

Sort your selves out CA.

Comments

• warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 167Registered Users
    After latest fixes and balancing, this actually is a decent game.

Its definitely better than Attila.

• tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users
    It's significantly worse than it was before the steel and statecraft update.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,097Registered Users

I dont often do this.

But this game was a huge Embarrassment. I have seen over haul mods play and work far better than this. I should not have to rely on modders to finish you're games CA. You should feel ashamed of your selves if you are pushing this out and actually selling it.

I only have 700 hours with Total War: Attila, but i quite enjoyed it. Specially Charlemagne. Total War: Thrones of Britannia, i can barely stomach more than 7 hours.

I have purchased every Total War game. Almost every DLC, to support the franchise. However i will not be purchasing Total War: Three Kingdoms.

Sort your selves out CA.

Missing: any concrete criticism of the game. Come back when you actually have more than just an aimless rant prepared.
  • LawndartLawndart Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    To be fair, ever since mods like Stainless Steel, Darth Mod, and Third Age (GOTY worthy!) circa MTW2 no vanilla TW game has been able to compete. In fact CA went out of their way to make modding harder to stop the fantastic total conversions.

But this has been known for well over a decade. Mods saved Empire TW hands down. And there are dozens of other total conversion mods. But to me, mods like Third Age simply can't ever be beat, not even with a multimillion dollar budget. And for what it's worth?
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 674Registered Users
    I just wish this game had a story and the option for choosing more alternate history outcomes, like
    Rome II dilemmas, Crusader King 2 events, being able to reform the Roman Empire like in CK2, etc.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 670Registered Users

I dont often do this.

Sort your selves out CA.

But why is it a “huge embarrassment?” Please feel free to elaborate because rants without a grain of substance have no real value.

TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,741Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Assuming, for the moment, this is feedback and not a rant, moved. There are no details or specific points of information, so just being generous for the moment. More detail would be nice. Continued bashing will probably get the thread closed.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin