Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dong Zhuo Reveal!

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 220Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Throughout all of history, there are few tyrants as sinister as Dong Zhuo…

Invading Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, Dong Zhuo is a 12th playable faction – giving you the opportunity to conquer through cruelty. Flanked by his adopted son Lü Bu, the greatest warrior in the land, no one can match their might and fury. Watch the trailer here:

Dong Zhuo will appear as playable once you defeat his army in battle or reach the rank of Emperor in a campaign. To find out more about him, have a read of this: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-warlord-legends-dong-zhuo

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,114Registered Users
    I was wrong.....

... and I've never been so happy to be wrong.
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 424Registered Users
    edited February 7
    AH HA! We were wise to your tricks!

This is awesome either way!

Edit: Give us posters!
  • hanesdavhanesdav Posts: 584Registered Users
    This is awesome.
  • FheoooFheooo Posts: 6Registered Users
    OH MY GOD!

I love it......

CA I should never have doubted you
  • DragantisDragantis PolandPosts: 124Registered Users
    Dragantis said:

Best way to add him at this point would be if he was available to play after winning campaign once. Also don't you think it iss weird that we have playable 11 walrords instead of 10 or 12? Even numbers usually look better.

Called it!

It would be better if he was secret warlord but on the othere hand trailer is so cool.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,368Registered Users
    Awesome, he has the greatest trailer too. Can't wait to slap fools with Big Dong.
    Krunch said:

Awesome, he has the greatest trailer too. Can't wait to slap fools with Big Dong.

Big Dong gonna smash.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 825Registered Users
    Will most likely be my 2nd play. looks great.
  • FheoooFheooo Posts: 6Registered Users
    I'm gonna rush to unlock him. Now I have to choose between Cao Cao, Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan to be my first.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,119Registered Users
    Nice, not surprised at all though :)
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 147Registered Users
    He is a vanguard, loool
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,533Registered Users

Krunch said:

Big Dong gonna smash.
    Long Drong's gonna kill you :tongue:

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 980Registered Users
    edited February 7
    So is Diao Chan a character or not? Looking forward to see how CA have handled one of the four great beauties of ancient China, fictional or otherwise.
    edited February 7

So is Diao Chan a character or not? Looking forward to see how CA have handled one of the four great beauties of ancient China, fictional or otherwise.

Seems like she might be. His Warlord blog states that depending on what decisions you make in his Dilemma chain, Dong Zhou can marry her himself (but cause a rift with Lu Bu) or give her over to Lu Bu (causing him to stay loyal), so I'm assuming that she'll become a normal character and married to one of them once you complete that chain.
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 1,016Registered Users
    Awesome trailer, loved the music!

Good to see that dong zhuo is one of the options, although behind a unlock.

Should make certain people like warlord lu bu happy :)
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 846Registered Users
    Dong Zhuo looks like a big chaos dwarf.

Still at least it means that Lu Bu can be initially playable after a campaign unlock.

Now CA, give us the full roster.
  • JerroserJerroser Posts: 64Registered Users

Seems like she might be. His Warlord blog states that depending on what decisions you make in his Dilemma chain, Dong Zhou can marry her himself (but cause a rift with Lu Bu) or give her over to Lu Bu (causing him to stay loyal), so I'm assuming that she'll become a normal character and married to one of them once you complete that chain.
    I wonder if there will be some kind of penalty if the player chooses the give up Diao Chan in order to keep Lu Bu loyal (like maybe a large cost in intimidation or something). So that its not too easy to just click one option and keep hold of one of the strongest characters at the start of the game.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 607Registered Users
    There we go! I loved that laugh at the end! :D
  • LeoncourUp4PimpCLeoncourUp4PimpC Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    @CA_Ella I noticed during the gameplay stream that there was a "rematch" button at the end of battles.. is this a mechanic that gives you a chance to refight campaign battles? Because that would be freeeaking awesome and honestly adds depth the game imo... like beating a boss or something. K thanks lemme know :)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,533Registered Users
    btw.I love Dong Zhuo's Evil Laugh at the end!

Though i would've loved to see Dong Zhuo's 3 other notable characters, Zhang Liao, Li Ru, and Guo Si, standing behind him in the trailer.
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Jerroser said:

I wonder if there will be some kind of penalty if the player chooses the give up Diao Chan in order to keep Lu Bu loyal (like maybe a large cost in intimidation or something). So that its not too easy to just click one option and keep hold of one of the strongest characters at the start of the game.
    I was wondering that myself. There wasn't any mention of the outcome or anything about a penalty for Big D allowing Lu Bu to marry her. A big hit (or possibly a permanent decrease) to his Intimidation seems like the obvious one; you get to keep the most powerful warrior in the realm on your side, but your other subordinates will think you weak for it. Who knows, we'll just have to play and see!
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 1,881Registered Users

@CA_Ella I noticed during the gameplay stream that there was a "rematch" button at the end of battles.. is this a mechanic that gives you a chance to refight campaign battles? Because that would be freeeaking awesome and honestly adds depth the game imo... like beating a boss or something. K thanks lemme know :)

Looks like and also a more integrated way to watch replays (if you have the time):

• LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 780Registered Users
    Super!!! Glad to see big dong playable!
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,781Registered Users
    Looks like Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu are 'leaning on the fourth wall', and laughing at all the people who thought that they would be unplayable in Total War: Three Kingdoms. It's possible that CA had wanted to keep Dong Zhuo unlock secret, as they did with other unlockable characters and factions in the past, but because many players was concerned about Dong Zhuo, so CA had decided to reveal that Dong Zhuo can be unlocked. :)
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 220Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Yes, you can rematch every battle except for replays and multiplayer.
    CA_Ella said:

Might not be the most approbiated places to ask for this, but... i was looking for the "Elemental Chart" that you guys once posted htat basically showed how the different general classes would interact with each other. Do you still have a link to that somewhere? I can't find it :blush:

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,781Registered Users

It's the first time that CA mention an storyline differences between romance and records modes. :)
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 825Registered Users

CA_Ella said:

Might not be the most approbiated places to ask for this, but... i was looking for the "Elemental Chart" that you guys once posted htat basically showed how the different general classes would interact with each other. Do you still have a link to that somewhere? I can't find it :blush:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/totalwar/images/4/44/TW3K_Wuxing-Xiahou-Yuan.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181004092426
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Posts: 81Registered Users
    I think it will really one of the best total wars at the time. Maybe some starting bugs, but it looks a lot more polished than the old total wars at release. I'm really happy about dong. But i will play him after the blood dlc.
    At first wei, wu and shu. Than the "evil".
    tfwoods3 said:

CA_Ella said:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/totalwar/images/4/44/TW3K_Wuxing-Xiahou-Yuan.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181004092426
    Thank you.