Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wich Total war i should buy?

XByJoseMaXXByJoseMaX Posts: 1Registered Users
edited February 7 in Total War General Chat
In interested in Attila and Rome 2 with DLC, both of them have high replay value? Wich are the good things and the bad of both games?

Comments

• GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 608Registered Users
    I would say that Rome 2 has the most replay value, Attila can get a bit repetitive. Try and get them both, they are both good games.

Attila has a great DLC in age of Charlemagne.

Rome 2 has the better mods currently, although that could change when Medieval Kingdoms is released for Attila.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,223Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Agree. Both are very good now. Personally, I'd start with Rome II, as it has been updated recently. Then move to Attila for another challenge, I personally play both of them continuously.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Posts: 285Registered Users
    Really tough call. I'm in the "I play them boat" boat.

Rome 2, I tend to play when I want a more structured experience, and Attila when I want more "whatever it takes to win" as my experience. But this is more a consequence of my own play style; Rome 2-era Rome is superb for conducting orderly maneuvers, and Attila offers a lot of great "barbarian" factions to play as.

I think dge's advice is pretty sound; Rome 2 as a start, then Attila if you really enjoyed it. Overall, the experience is very similar between the two, but Attila adds some new features that add a little extra challenge to the campaign play if I recall correctly.
  • wiseman84wiseman84 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Go for Rome 2.