Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lag and instability in Empire Total War

IncendioIncendio Posts: 41Registered Users
I have Empire Total War purchased from Steam and I am now playing it in this laptop:

Alienware 17 R3
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 HQ (Base Freq. 2.5 GHz, Turbo Freq. 3.5 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2100 MHz
HD: 1 TB SATA 7200 r.p.m
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5

The system specs are far from minimum/recommended specs. I have everything on the highest graphical settings. For a reason I can't understand I can play newer Total War games Napoleon and Shogun 2 with highest settings as well very smooth. With Empire Total War I have microlags in some random battles but I couldn't find a logical pattern because it doesn't always happen with more units or detailed maps. Also I have fluid games in some sieges and in others an awful lag in units that last some minutes but again doesn't always happen when I have a big amount of units. Also I have a lag in campaign map and during a campaign, I sometimes have crash to desktop, sometimes without any advice. It is even weird that my last crash happened at the end of a long siege while loading again the campaign map. If my computer is not enough to power this game, why then I can play a long battle (more than 40 minutes with 3 or 4 rounds of reinforcements) and the game just crash when the battle is finished? Makes no sense to me... With all these issues, seems that the game is unstable for me at this moment.

If my computer is not good enough to play Empire Total War and since I am planning to buy a new computer, may I ask for suggestions?

Thank you in advance