Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    Wonder when he's allowed to do a preview on it.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,793Registered Users
    Sooo... we might get a 3K Review... what about the long promised TW WH Review? :smiley:
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,646Registered Users
    I enjoy Joe's videos. He is a nice guy. But I wonder if he is the right player to preview a game like this, with the severely ramped up complexity of the campaign.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 668Registered Users

I enjoy Joe's videos. He is a nice guy. But I wonder if he is the right player to preview a game like this, with the severely ramped up complexity of the campaign.

He didn't hold any punches with his Rome 2 review. He will give what it deservs.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!

Joe is one of the reviewers and previewers i respect, he doesn't hold punches and he's pretty honest.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,793Registered Users

He didn't hold any punches with his Rome 2 review. He will give what it deservs.
    Aryndelin said:

Joe is one of the reviewers and previewers i respect, he doesn't hold punches and he's pretty honest.
    I think what thrawn means is, that he could give 3k a more negative review than it deserves, because the revved up camplaign complexity might cause him to struggle because he doesn't use all the options.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

• DragantisDragantis PolandPosts: 189Registered Users
    Good, if He get a copy of the game than Indypride, ItalianSpartacus, Sotek and the rest of Total War youtuber got their copy. I bet NDA will end on tuesday or thursday next week or week after.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
    Dragantis said:

Good, if He get a copy of the game than Indypride, ItalianSpartacus, Sotek and the rest of Total War youtuber got their copy. I bet NDA will end on tuesday or thursday next week or week after.

i wouldn't count on that. AJ is a bigger youtuber than either of them, iirc. And Sotek has the problem that his reputation is a bit stuck to Warhammer, rather than the TW Series itself.

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,137Registered Users
    Am I the only one who doesn't like AngryJoe? I know he's a big youtuber, but he's just so annoying, I can't watch his video without being annoyed. Like everything he does seems forced.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,133Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like AngryJoe? I know he's a big youtuber, but he's just so annoying, I can't watch his video without being annoyed. Like everything he does seems forced.

No I'm also not a fan. Give me some milkandcookies instead
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,388Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

I don't like AngryJoe either.

I can't speak for his reviews, as I've never watched one. He just takes his "Constantly Angry at Everything" YouTube persona way too seriously and it's always so blatantly forced. It's simultaneously frustrating and cringey to watch.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,514Registered Users

Fossoway said:

I don't like AngryJoe either.

I can't speak for his reviews, as I've never watched one. He just takes his "Constantly Angry at Everything" YouTube persona way too seriously and it's always so blatantly forced. It's simultaneously frustrating and cringey to watch.
    He is not always angry in his reviews, especially in his latest reviews, when he angry, there is an reason.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,646Registered Users

Aryndelin said:

I think what thrawn means is, that he could give 3k a more negative review than it deserves, because the revved up camplaign complexity might cause him to struggle because he doesn't use all the options.
    Yeah sort of. I don't mean he will give it a negative review, but he does not really play complex games. I have never seen him try wargames or even Paradox strategy games.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Posts: 75Registered Users
    Meanwhile I'm sat here with another 4 weeks to go...

We all have.

We all have.

Im filling my time with things to do.

God Eater 3 is out for example.
    I got a skyrim playthrough too.
    Family to visit.

Less i think about 3K the better ^^ time will fly and suddenly i can play it!
    Aryndelin said:

We all have.

Im filling my time with things to do.

God Eater 3 is out for example.
    I got a skyrim playthrough too.
    Family to visit.

Less i think about 3K the better ^^ time will fly and suddenly i can play it!

• YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    edited February 8
    Civ6 expansion on the 14th will tide me over
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,388Registered Users
    Yaafm said:

Civ6 expansion on the 14th will tide me over

Hah! Same!
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,514Registered Users

Aryndelin said:

Yeah sort of. I don't mean he will give it a negative review, but he does not really play complex games. I have never seen him try wargames or even Paradox strategy games.
    And Angry Joe had made it harder for himself by playing with Cao Cao, who's gameplay is more based around manipulation, but still I don't think that Total War: Three Kingdoms would be as hard to play as Crusader Kings 2, especially in the romanticized mode.
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Posts: 1,470Registered Users
    Thread is literally 'every reaction to every critic these forums ever have'.

There's literally no criticism, no matter how gentle or grounded that can be made, that doesn't get the usual empty tropes wheeled out.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 638Registered Users

Thread is literally 'every reaction to every critic these forums ever have'.

There's literally no criticism, no matter how gentle or grounded that can be made, that doesn't get the usual empty tropes wheeled out.

Yawn, what reaction? That some people like him and his reviews, and other people dislike him and his reviews? I mean the nerve of the people on these forums.

Funny thing, the impression that I get, is the people who like him watch his reviews, the people that don't like him avoid them. It's not like they are going onto the Angry Joe Youtube channel and posting negative comments on every video he creates. Such an interesting concept.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 772Registered Users
    I don't follow him because the overreacting is way over the top, but I can see that he is honest.
    But immediately calling it that he will give a negative review because of the new diplomacy? Seems like people can't handle any reviews not from CA influencers, who need to stay in good terms with CA to guarantee their early access copies.
    More varied reviews is better than getting the same few people to review TW titles.
    Also we still have no footage of classic mode. Not a fan of the hero units. I hope the preview copies had the mode as well.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,969Registered Users
    edited February 8
    Awww yeah! Thanks! If Angry Joe says its good. I'm buying.

That is the one guy I definitely trust on a review.
    I know some people in the entire world may not like or watch his reviews.
    However, Please don't pull a "He's just a troll blah blah blah" if he finds a criticism.

I get that feeling that there are people who are literally traumatized by the idea of anything being slightly wrong, or criticized.

If anybody who doesn't like or hasn't seen a video yet would like to, you could watch his shogun 2 and rome 2 total war reviews.

Aryndelin said:

What? He even played the previous total wars.
    X com 2, Civilization beyond earth, Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War

This is what I'm meaning, not only incredibly false, but already trying to claim that if he does give a criticism that it is due to him not understanding it. He doesn't even got a review out yet, and this is being said? Why not just wait for the review? Especially when the criticisms you give on him "not playing complex games, wargames" ect are not true.

Idk if he review paradox though.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,133Registered Users
    No i just don't like his approach and jokes and enjoy the more serious youtubers. Just a matter of personal preference and nothing to do with him being critical.
    I'd watch it just to get new info, but beyond that I hate you tube acting. I'm the minority but would love a let's play where someone just starts the game and plays, no talking, no dumb mug shot of themselves playing in the corner. Just the game and see it played.
    edited February 8
    Yaafm said:

I'd watch it just to get new info, but beyond that I hate you tube acting. I'm the minority but would love a let's play where someone just starts the game and plays, no talking, no dumb mug shot of themselves playing in the corner. Just the game and see it played.

Joe's reviews usually are him talking, cutitng to certain scenes (full screen, sometimes picture in picture) when he wants to emphasis certain scenes... especially when he finds something he really dislikes.
    example:

I wonder when he, and other streamers, will be allowed to show what they got. I guess they dont want to reveal everything because for some people that would kill a bit of the game. I would really like to see the opinions of some RoTK fans playing this, since im a much larger fan of those games then Total War games.
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Posts: 302Registered Users
    I wonder how angry it made him? If it made him angry because he had a tough time overcoming the AI, that's still a positive.

Honestly, if hes playing as Cao Cao, hes going to have an easy time of it I think. Cao Cao has, or should have, really good starting generals and location. Even just the 2 we know he has, Dun and Yuan, thats almost like Lui Bei's Yu and Fei.
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    I am envious.