Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is TWW3 coming out this year?

Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 623Registered Users
So what is the go with this?

Im cant wait for it to come out. The never ending seige battle grind in TWW2 has really killed of my interest in playing it. Im hoping they fix it in game 3

Comments

• ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    I'm thinking 2020, we'll be pretty lucky if it comes in 2019 simply because CA doesn't want to compete with it self for sales between WH3 and 3K
    Advocate for Friendly Fire buffs
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 320Registered Users
    My bet novermber or december 2019. Hm christmas?
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    somewhere during spring 2020
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

• 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 189Registered Users
    Very unlikely, from the blogposts they said it's still in pre-production and they are busy with 3K for the first half of this year. It's going to be 2020 or 2021, depending on how they go with WH2 and 3K DLC and update support. Not to mention there's another Saga game in the works and the shooting game that's yet to be announced.
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 623Registered Users
    edited February 11
    yeah i would say second half of 2020

TWW2 is still selling very well so they wont want to ruin that
  • ZwirbaumZwirbaum Senior Member Posts: 348Registered Users
    I would guess that most likely it will be released in 2020.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 3,773Registered Users
    Pretty darned unlikely, they're dragging TWW2 out as long as possible for a reason, despite it's increasing staleness.

• PocmanPocman Posts: 2,376Registered Users
    Clearly not. It is not even in production yet.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 236Registered Users
    They are not capable of develop two main total wars at the same time. So they cannot work in hot phase before the release of 3K. So a minimum of 1 year after that is possible.
  • adjungadjung Posts: 111Registered Users
    I think summer 2020, but I'm really hoping for E3 Trailer this year

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,353Registered Users

Very unlikely, from the blogposts they said it's still in pre-production and they are busy with 3K for the first half of this year. It's going to be 2020 or 2021, depending on how they go with WH2 and 3K DLC and update support. Not to mention there's another Saga game in the works and the shooting game that's yet to be announced.

2021 :# not enough dlc to hold community /maybe if they start to release crossover dlc B)
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

• NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 563Registered Users
    2020 after Skaven vs Lizard men , Araby, DOW and Cross game/new world vs old dlc and LL for all races and Skaven rework for under empire/counsel of 13 mechanic and so much more hopfully
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 371Registered Users
    What's the hurry though? TWW2 could still get a lot of content and improvements. I guess they still need much more time to make TWW3 a real step up from TWW2.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,915Registered Users
    If 3k flops then I would expect release will be speeded up.

Otherwise I'd say 2020 like everyone else

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 4,180Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

If 3k flops then I would expect release will be speeded up.

Otherwise I'd say 2020 like everyone else

And nothing good will come if they rush TWW3 which will happen if they speed it up.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Yikes, looks like 3K got delayed again for 2 months, which means they'll be pulling more staff from warhammer projects again and it will make the wait even longer. This is a disaster

Yikes, looks like 3K got delayed again for 2 months, which means they'll be pulling more staff from warhammer projects again and it will make the wait even longer. This is a disaster

Really?

Hadn't seen that myself. Wouldn't surprise me though, from what we've seen of the battles. Bugs galore there.

• RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 1,783Registered Users
    edited February 11
    I’d say no to that. They’ve barely given any updates on tww3 other than stating its being worked on, and 3k is being pushed heavy. On top of that, they only just dropped a hint on upcoming DLC for tww2, so I’m gonna say 2020 at earliest.

Which is fine. I’d rather see them wait till 2021 to release the game in great shape instead of rush and push out a half baked product.
    Arsenic said:

Really?

Hadn't seen that myself. Wouldn't surprise me though, from what we've seen of the battles. Bugs galore there.
    They just announced it's delayed to may 23rd. They said the WH2 DLC will release before 3K, but that still puts away their staff from working on WH3.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited February 11
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-development-update

"FAQ
    Will this affect/delay the upcoming WARHAMMER II DLC?
    No, this will not have an effect on or delay the upcoming WARHAMMER II DLC, but this does mean that the WARHAMMER II DLC will now arrive before the release of THREE KINGDOMS."

So very likely late april for the TWW2 LP
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 2,728Registered Users
    Never imagined that we will suffer the same kind of terrible waiting FF7 fans have for a Total War game.

And I hate to admit it, but CA is a bit terrible at hyping atm.

Arsenic said:

Really?

They just announced it's delayed to may 23rd. They said the WH2 DLC will release before 3K, but that still puts away their staff from working on WH3.
    Probably for the best. Even the tame Youtubers were having trouble hiding how bloody awful the battles looked, for all the undeniably exciting campaign mechanics.
    Plus we at least now know it's not going to be June/July for the LP, as some suspected.

• steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 508Registered Users
    Stop complaining.At least we get release date for the next title.

Go check Mounté&Blades II: Bannerlord...
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,295Registered Users
    steph74 said:

Stop complaining.At least we get release date for the next title.

Go check Mounté&Blades II: Bannerlord...

To be fair, TaleWorlds is delaying Bannerlord because it has their undivided attention and they want the best, similar to CDProjekt focus on Witcher 3/ Cyberpunk 2077. We cannot compare CA.
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 508Registered Users
    We can't tell if they are dalying Bannerlord since we never had the hint of the shadow of an hypothetical release date.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 181Registered Users
    edited February 11
    I'd say November 2020. Early 2021 at the very latest.

I'd rather they take their time and build a great game for a 2021 release. It also increases our chances of getting more DLC for WH2 in the meantime.
  • Tankred56Tankred56 Posts: 67Registered Users

IS TWW3 COMING OUT THIS YEAR?

No.

Im hoping they fix it in game 3

They won't.

• misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 460Registered Users
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 815Registered Users

I'm thinking 2020, we'll be pretty lucky if it comes in 2019 simply because CA doesn't want to compete with it self for sales between WH3 and 3K

I would expect this, but it'd possible just before Christmas 2019, I think that will depend on 3k performance.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 1,718Registered Users
    No as it is still in preproduction and might be even longer today’s news killed any faint remaining hope of it arriving this year.