Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA please remove sieges

juankkjuankk Posts: 210Registered Users
As title says, if sieges are just sending a ram to the main door which is broken in 20 sec and sending my Spiderman soldiers directly to the wall and getting my whole army on the walls in 20 secs, its got no sense playing sieges, no siege equipment, no time to siege, no epic battle, as many people justified no naval battles cause they were useless so no sieges too.

Comments

• MindBlownMindBlown Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    Can you please stop making threads about sieges everyday, just write in the original one you created. It's getting annoying.

There's siege equipment, it was shown in the gameplay videos so I don't know what you're complaining about.
  • juankkjuankk Posts: 210Registered Users
    I complain about you
  • TetrewTetrew Posts: 70Registered Users
    Well...this siege by mr. Juankk escaleted really quickly.
  • lilpopelilpope Posts: 52Registered Users
    Sieges look fine... Can imagine the crazy amounts of complaints CA would get if they just removed siege battle.

'WTH do i build up a tier 5 city, build the best walls, just to go and meet a superior army on the field and get over run as i can't use choke points'
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Posts: 302Registered Users
    Grappling hooks are used in various Chinese media of the Three Kingdoms. I don't see a huge problem with them. I appreciate your enthusiasm on the matter, but broaching the same subject over and over with slightly different wording borders on spam, and I fear the moderators may start instantly closing your threads if it continues. Sieges will be in the game. As to whether they match your desires, I suggest waiting to purchase the game until you've seen gameplay of everything sieges have to offer. Problem solved.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,669Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    To be honest you don't need siege equipement . Just use artillery to knock a hole in the wall and walk in.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

To be honest you don't need siege equipement . Just use artillery to knock a hole in the wall and walk in.

Well you don’t need diplomacy new features just follow the objectives in campaign and you’ll win , no problem either
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,669Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    juankk said:

Well you don’t need diplomacy new features just follow the objectives in campaign and you’ll win , no problem either
    I agree.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,279Registered Users

To be honest you don't need siege equipment. Just use artillery to knock a hole in the wall and walk in.

Well a player need a strategist in the army to use artillery, so not every army would have artillery.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,062Registered Users
    I sense a little synism...
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I Demand.... MORE SIEGES!

In-depth sieges

Tactical sieges

Hit And Run Sieges!

Complete Devastation Sieges!!!!!!!!

I want an announcer from Unreal Tournament to be like "M M M Monster Kill Kill Kill" every time my siege engines blow up a 100 men

The last one was a joke. :)
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users

I Demand.... MORE SIEGES!

In-depth sieges

Tactical sieges

Hit And Run Sieges!

Complete Devastation Sieges!!!!!!!!

I want an announcer from Unreal Tournament to be like "M M M Monster Kill Kill Kill" every time my siege engines blow up a 100 men

The last one was a joke. :)

Honestly that might be fun.
  • RowYerboatRowYerboat Junior Member Posts: 941Registered Users
    Or Mr Torgue from Borderlands 2
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,619Registered Users
    They've already confirmed they have rams, siege towers, trebuchets, mining etc. They have multiple layers and non-standard city shapes.. The ram actually takes longer to break down city gates, it happened fast to keep the video moving.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,184Registered Users
    Would this could be considered a "troll post"?

They've already confirmed they have rams, siege towers, trebuchets, mining etc. They have multiple layers and non-standard city shapes.. The ram actually takes longer to break down city gates, it happened fast to keep the video moving.

have you seen this video ?its 10 years old
    well please say me where have they said siege towers
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,669Registered Users
    @CA_Ella I'm not sure if this will actually page you lot so sorry if this is going to nowhere, but can you please confirm or deny that this game will have Siege Towers? This is like the 5th thread in the span of a week on this subject, some dev just popping in to confirm/deny would be nice!
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Posts: 1,466Registered Users
    I unironically want a siege battle where the attacker must invade a mega-sized siege tower that is always on the move. You can also bring your own siege towers to help with this.

It can be treated as a prototype for a Mortal Engines game, which can't possibly be worse than the film.
    juankk said:

That really doesn't look that great.. it's M2.
    edited February 11
    juankk said:

Clear evidence of what is available for sieges. (9.00)

I see a nice ships that are not going to be used in game
    edited February 12
    juankk said:

More importantly he states all the usual equipment in a siege is present, including siege towers.
    Post edited by davedave1124 on
  • ShigawireShigawire Senior Member Norway, BrønnøysundPosts: 3,919Registered Users

Couldn't artillery be considered siege equipment? :wink:

juankk said:

More importantly he states all the usual equipment in a siege in present, including siege towers.
    Thanks , I hope see them in game to believe it
    Shigawire said:

Couldn't artillery be considered siege equipment? :wink:
    Not when the same units are available in any open field battle as well. The OP is basically missing siege towers from what he has posted here and previously, even though he's been advised that CA has confirmed their presence.

• YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    juankk said:

So now that you got your seige your switching to ships? Like I said before, if they didnt put navel combat in Warhammer 2, your not gonna see it in this.
  • TheWittyWatermelomTheWittyWatermelom Member Posts: 123Registered Users
    juankk said:

I complain about you

lol
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,247Registered Users
    Honestly; the spiderman wall climbing can go away and no one would miss it. I'd even prefer the Warhammer 2 instant ladders to the superhuman wall climbing.

I want the game to have siege maps (and siege play) like ToB, with civilians, fire, siege escalation and AI that defends in depth for those truly awesome and cinematic sieges.
    cool_lad said:

Honestly; the spiderman wall climbing can go away and no one would miss it. I'd even prefer the Warhammer 2 instant ladders to the superhuman wall climbing.

I want the game to have siege maps (and siege play) like ToB, with civilians, fire, siege escalation and AI that defends in depth for those truly awesome and cinematic sieges.

That’s what I was requesting and not whining as many people say
    juankk said:

cool_lad said:

That’s what I was requesting and not whining as many people say
    The climbing animation has improved since the original release. They move up a lot slower and take it step by step. The point is to allow all infantry types to get over a wall but suffer an endurance nerf, you simply wouldn't get that from a ladder.