Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Delay bonus content

tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 830Registered Users
edited February 11 in General Discussion
Since we have to suffer and wait, maybe the pain can be reduced with some bonus content. I’m sure the portrait artist isn’t great at bug fixing so maybe we can get:

Wen chow
Yan Liang
Zhang He
Pang de
Gua jia

And a few others

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,459Registered Users
    You already gain something from the delay: a better polished game and less bugs. That's already pretty nice to me.
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Posts: 95Registered Users
    edited February 11
    Fossoway said:

You already gain something from the delay: a better polished game and less bugs. That's already pretty nice to me.

Not when it is the second long delay, because of the same reason. It's not only one bugfixing week or something.

For me i hope we get one Faction in the South. There is nothing. I think DLC don't need more then 3 Months, i hope we get a FLC at start.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,785Registered Users
    Well it would be nice if CA would give more characters a unique look instead of a generic look.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,625Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Tayvar said:

Well it would be nice if CA would give more characters a unique look instead of a generic look.

How do you choose which ones? Is there some sort of ranking system or is it purely subjective?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,459Registered Users
    Viranto said:

Fossoway said:

Not when it is the second long delay, because of the same reason. It's not only one bugfixing week or something.

For me i hope we get one Faction in the South. There is nothing. I think DLC don't need more then 3 Months, i hope we get a FLC at start.
    They already said that no new content would be added, they are just polishing what is already there.
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 462Registered Users

Tayvar said:

How do you choose which ones? Is there some sort of ranking system or is it purely subjective?

The famous ones. Some of the ones that were legendary already.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 830Registered Users

Tayvar said:

The first 3 I list would benefit Yuan Shao the most, he currently has no unique officers
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,003Registered Users
    Do not want Wen Chou or Yan Liang. Why are people so obsessed with those two mediocres?! Plenty more interesting characters in the Three Kingdoms. Zhang He, Pang De, Guo Jia are good. Add to that Xun Y(/o)u, Zhong Yao, Lu Su, Jia Xu, Ju Shou etc. The game is a bit low in unique strategists.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 434Registered Users
    edited February 11
    I agreed with this, more characters the better. Would definitely be happy with this with more characters posters after Dong Zhou's faction

add Cao Ren to the list

Jiang Wei - Sima Yi unique but not him wtf?

Yuan Shao on Wen Chou and Yan Liang should get some, since he had no unique characters
  • juankkjuankk Posts: 164Registered Users
    Seriously? These forum are incredible toady , it looks like we have to thanks good for getting a complete game , I though that when I buy something it’s got to be not faulty , but it looks like that it doesn’t matter dates delays and so on if we get the game complete. That’s what we should have from the beginning and not be as a kind of miracle or something of mercy from developers. Don’t get me wrong I prefer delaying the game but after reading forums and Facebook it looks like it doesn’t matter if it takes many time. Wake up , games should be almost perfect and on time from the beginning.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    I have to admit I'm a bit gutted about the delay. I looked at Steam and thought - less than 4 weeks! On the other hand, I'll be getting some Skaven RoR + Weapon Teams!
    juankk said:

Seriously? These forum are incredible toady , it looks like we have to thanks good for getting a complete game , I though that when I buy something it’s got to be not faulty , but it looks like that it doesn’t matter dates delays and so on if we get the game complete. That’s what we should have from the beginning and not be as a kind of miracle or something of mercy from developers. Don’t get me wrong I prefer delaying the game but after reading forums and Facebook it looks like it doesn’t matter if it takes many time. Wake up , games should be almost perfect and on time from the beginning.

The game got delayed. This is what you wanted. Stop complaining about sieges, they now have 2 months to make them better. See all those posts you made worked.
  • shadowangelsshadowangels Posts: 6Registered Users
    the games were never totally finished by the time they came out just watching the Playstation two or other games completely buggy at the time there was no update should be enough to make people understand the bad time on totally finished games
  • ItssLuBuItssLuBu Posts: 10Registered Users
    Normally by this point all of the games main features are in and it is usually bug fixing and polish, that said work on DLC will continue nonetheless.

Tayvar said:

Normally this is one of the big arguements between people regarding who should (or should not) be added. Usually it comes down to their deeds both historical and novel wise, their particular impact on the story or what position they held. Other factors play apart depending if they come from a more respected family as they are more likely to hold positions of rank and power.

The list the OP mentions is ok, Zhang He is the standout of the bunch, given his merits, battles participated in and length of service to both Yuan Shao and later Cao Cao post Guandu.

If they have time and are able to make a couple more characters appear unique/legendary then why not?

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,785Registered Users

Tayvar said:

Players are choosing or CA is choosing? sometimes CA add an unimportant characters to a game, like Zheng Jiang, while other times CA add an established characters, I prefer an established characters, but in any case there are still many characters who are missing an unique models.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • bluflarebluflare Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited February 12

Tayvar said:

I have not read the book, so I wouldn't be in a position to provide some sort of basis for a ranking system. However, I did play many of the Dynasty warrior games, and I would use that playtime/character selection as a basis to try and establish a priority system for special trait/portraits for DLC.

Focus on the ancilliary characters/generals that survive throughout the period.

Pang De sticks around with Ma Chao for a long time; he was not a playable DW character but was in many of the battles.
    I completely forgot that he eventually defects to Cao Cao, and DW eventually added him as a playable character

Zhang He is listed as a legendary character, but with a generic portrait.

Lu Meng and Ling Tong were two Wu generals sent to attack Liu Bei over a land dispute with Sun Quan. Lu Xun is another major character yet to be revealed.

Overall, focus on the named men that took roles in major actions/battles.
    From a balance standpoint, id want to give every general Uniques to play with, even if they were unimportant in history, like even a guy who died in maybe one of the opening battles of the period. But that way, every Warlord has some uniques with them, so when a player picks them, they feel like they got more out of it.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 830Registered Users
    It would be nice if they developed 2 or 3 unique portraits for each class type. That way if you have a generic character turn out to be cool, you can choose to assign him the unique portrait
  • bluflarebluflare Posts: 7Registered Users
    There are quite a few named women in the histories/romance too; feel free to throw them in as characters as well ;-p
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,413Registered Users

Tayvar said:

player base voting/polls.
    Easy as that.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Swiss_Army_CheeseSwiss_Army_Cheese Posts: 5Registered Users

I agreed with this, more characters the better. Would definitely be happy with this with more characters posters after Dong Zhou's faction

add Cao Ren to the list

Yuan Shao on Wen Chou and Yan Liang should get some, since he had no unique characters

Cao Cao faction already has Sima Yi as a unique strategist. They don't need Jiang Wei as well.

What has Jiang Wei ever done for Wei anyways?

Do not want Wen Chou or Yan Liang. Why are people so obsessed with those two mediocres?! Plenty more interesting characters in the Three Kingdoms. Zhang He, Pang De, Guo Jia are good. Add to that Xun Y(/o)u, Zhong Yao, Lu Su, Jia Xu, Ju Shou etc. The game is a bit low in unique strategists.

Wen Chou and Yan Liang were two best guys ever, who were sadly cut down in their prime before they could do anything noteworthy. If it weren't for a mysterious Red Haired man, they would have creamed Cao Cao's army.

If we are to judge a character by feats on whether they should get a unique portrait, then we should judge them by their deeds prior to 190 AD. (Had this game not been given a start date post Hu-Lao Gate, I would have objected to Guan Yu being given a unique model, and that peasant sandle-maker Liu Bei being given a playable faction).
    Zhang He is just a Yuan Shao general not man enough to get killed by Guan Yu!

Total War is a series about alternate timelines
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Posts: 66Registered Users

Tayvar said:

If you knew Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you'd know who 'ranks high'.

Tayvar said:

Like I said, balance should trump rank/history.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,625Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

Tayvar said:

I don't know the Romance or the history, that's why I asked.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 329Registered Users
    edited February 12
    Fossoway said:

That isn't nice - that's minimum.

RII didn't even get this delay.

Attila was larger than RII, much bigger, and on the scale of 3k in many respects. Bugs and glitches were bare minimum at release.

It suffered no buggy release.

What we get is two empty months and this:

Lack of playing.

2 months and I'll be bored to even play this game because I've waited too long for this game already.

Delaying it - not a great move. But I fully see why CA needed to do it.

Also. RII was supposed to come out in 2012. CA delayed it for next year. Fans said exactly the same thing back then and look what happened.

I hope this isn't the case with this game.

3K supposed to come out in 2018.

Now coming middle May 2019.
  • ItssLuBuItssLuBu Posts: 10Registered Users

add Cao Ren to the list

Cao Cao faction already has Sima Yi as a unique strategist. They don't need Jiang Wei as well.

What has Jiang Wei ever done for Wei anyways?

Wen Chou and Yan Liang were two best guys ever, who were sadly cut down in their prime before they could do anything noteworthy. If it weren't for a mysterious Red Haired man, they would have creamed Cao Cao's army.

If we are to judge a character by feats on whether they should get a unique portrait, then we should judge them by their deeds prior to 190 AD. (Had this game not been given a start date post Hu-Lao Gate, I would have objected to Guan Yu being given a unique model, and that peasant sandle-maker Liu Bei being given a playable faction).
    Zhang He is just a Yuan Shao general not man enough to get killed by Guan Yu!

Total War is a series about alternate timelines
    I think that he was referring to the amount Jiang Wei attempts to do later in the story rather than adding another unqiue character for Wei.

You do realise that Wen Chou and Yan Liang are only remotely well known because of the fact that in the novel they are Guan Yu fodder? Their actual achievements don't amount to much either novel wise or historically. Historically it is not Guan Yu who kills them.

Also not having Liu Bei playable would be rather ridiculous even if the start date was around 184, there's only a handful of character that have impact to his length at this point.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,003Registered Users

Tayvar said:

I don't know the Romance or the history, that's why I asked.
    Many here, or I at least learned "the ranking" from Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms games.

I played those games long before I read Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I saw which characters got the best stats and looked them up on wikipedia to read about their exploits