Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I hope CA can give me a definite deadline

CoVieeCoViee Posts: 29Registered Users
I bought the game on September 28. But the game was delayed twice in a row, adding up to more than half a year. I hope CA can give me a definite deadline. I don't want to be disappointed in endless expectations. It really hurts me.
If you plan to sell it in 2020 or 2021, you'd better let us know now.

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,168Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    May23rd. How much more definite do you need?

Details here in this blog:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-development-update
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CoVieeCoViee Posts: 29Registered Users
    dge1 said:

The problem is that the announcement doesn't say whether it will be released on time on May 23. I'm worried about the third extension.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,168Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    CoViee said:

dge1 said:

The problem is that the announcement doesn't say whether it will be released on time on May 23. I'm worried about the third extension.
    3rd extension? Where was that noted? Personally I think you've gone a little overboard on the negative aspect. The announcement is for the 23rd of May. That is fairly definitive as far as I can tell.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

3rd extension? Where was that noted? Personally I think you've gone a little overboard on the negative aspect. The announcement is for the 23rd of May. That is fairly definitive as far as I can tell.
    Hopefully, CA will do the same as you said. On May 23, 2019, I can download the game program on time through steam.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Posts: 75Registered Users
    dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

What he's saying is how can we be sure there won't be another delay?

We've had two now. You know, it starts to get a bit spooky when things keep getting delayed *cough* crackdown 3 *cough*.
  • TheWittyWatermelomTheWittyWatermelom Member Posts: 123Registered Users
    This is good. I'm glad they're taking the time to make the game better and not just rushing to release it. You guys should be happy about that. In fact, I personally wouldn't mind at all if they delay it even further.. actually I'm hoping they delay it again if that means a much better finished product.

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

Hopefully, CA will do the same as you said. On May 23, 2019, I can download the game program on time through steam.

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

We've had two now. You know, it starts to get a bit spooky when things keep getting delayed *cough* crackdown 3 *cough*.
    Just to paraphrase someone somewhere, the only certainty in live is death. Past that it's all gravy.

For me personally this delay is a great sign in hope of the quality of the game on release. If the company recognizes the game will not be acceptable within the original parameters they laid out months ago, and tells us so up front, then my hope and expectation for a better game a couple a couple of months later is very much higher.

I seriously doubt there will be a third delay, but if there is I. while somewhat maybe being disappointed, will continue to wait. While longing to play this game, I do have other ways to pass the time.
    dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

Just to paraphrase someone somewhere, the only certainty in live is death. Past that it's all gravy.

For me personally this delay is a great sign in hope of the quality of the game on release. If the company recognizes the game will not be acceptable within the original parameters they laid out months ago, and tells us so up front, then my hope and expectation for a better game a couple a couple of months later is very much higher.

I seriously doubt there will be a third delay, but if there is I. while somewhat maybe being disappointed, will continue to wait. While longing to play this game, I do have other ways to pass the time.
    I've already paid for it. I'm sorry I'm not a patient person if the game drags on for a long time. I'd rather give a refund to buy something I need more now. I am not rich. It's not a small sum for me. If there are any more delays. I hope CA can give me the money back. I really don't want to deposit money in Bank CA.
  • EfixEfix Posts: 258Registered Users
    CoViee said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

I've already paid for it. I'm sorry I'm not a patient person if the game drags on for a long time. I'd rather give a refund to buy something I need more now. I am not rich. It's not a small sum for me. If there are any more delays. I hope CA can give me the money back. I really don't want to deposit money in Bank CA.
    Get a refund then and buy it back later problem solved you don't have to do a fake thread complaining about the delay that's that and you can't do nothing about it.
    @CoViee That is certainly your perogative. There should be no issues with canceling your pre-order if you wish to do so. You'll have to go back to whomever you purchased the game from to accomplish that though as Creative Assembly only provides the game. If you have any issues there though they can be of some help. Just let me know through a PM

Your call, and best wishes.
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    CoViee said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

dge1 said:

CoViee said:

dge1 said:

If on steam, you can get a full refund easily.
  • zellyzelly Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited February 12
    I pre-ordered the game Saturday, and when I saw the release date delay today I cancelled my order on steam right away ( not pre-ordering any game with over three months till release ).
    Hopefully we will get to see a ton of new content over the next three months, so I don't really mind much.
    Post edited by zelly on
  • Dune2kDune2k Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users

This is good. I'm glad they're taking the time to make the game better and not just rushing to release it. You guys should be happy about that. In fact, I personally wouldn't mind at all if they delay it even further.. actually I'm hoping they delay it again if that means a much better finished product.

delay does not guarantee a better game and more delay could lose them the market.
  • vahid_77vahid_77 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I am frustrated, and I think 3 month delay can't be called "little more time" because it is a quarter of a year and a complete season. I was saving to buy this game but now I will spend my money on other games.
    Well, it screwed over a bunch of people who booked holiday and can't cancel it...
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 643Registered Users
    edited February 12
    dge1 said:

History has proven what they say and what they do are two different things.
    Post edited by Canuovea on
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 442Registered Users
    Im kinda skeptical with this, is there any possibility that the main reason for this delay is not only to polish the game but ALSO to get more money from the players ?

Warhammer II DLC will be released before 3K at this rate, by delaying 3K, CA hopes that player will first buy the DLC and then shortly after, 3K. That way it could give them more money. Just like what Rockstart did to GTA V on console and PC release.

I seriously hope this isn't the case at all and the main reason is solely for polishing the game itself but the fact that CA has over 500 employees even if those are divided into several team, let's say 3K team got around 100 people, it still sufficient to polish the game without delaying more than 2 months from original schedule..

Or from those over 500 employees, only 10% of those people are the actual programmer and the rest are marketing staff ?
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,126Registered Users
    edited February 12
    On a more ontopic/serious matter, delaying a game is usually a sign it did need it. It's not about **** the player off (or making more money because really, it can end up hurting them more than anything)

If I'd to gamble a guess : reviewers and/or QC probably found some kind of big snake that CA didn't see when testing themselves and they had to postpone to fix it. Game prolly won't be bugfree at release but if we can dodge gamebreaking bugs then I'm fine with delays
    Post edited by Canuovea on
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    I agree with OP!
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited February 12

Im kinda skeptical with this, is there any possibility that the main reason for this delay is not only to polish the game but ALSO to get more money from the players ?

Warhammer II DLC will be released before 3K at this rate, by delaying 3K, CA hopes that player will first buy the DLC and then shortly after, 3K. That way it could give them more money. Just like what Rockstart did to GTA V on console and PC release.

I seriously hope this isn't the case at all and the main reason is solely for polishing the game itself but the fact that CA has over 500 employees even if those are divided into several team, let's say 3K team got around 100 people, it still sufficient to polish the game without delaying more than 2 months from original schedule..

Or from those over 500 employees, only 10% of those people are the actual programmer and the rest are marketing staff ?

Why don't they just announce Araby (a long delayed faction) at this point if they're going to keep delaying anyway?

Fans were complaining at the start of 2018 that it was too much resources, CA was making Desert Kingdoms, Thrones of Britannia and 3k, Warhammer 2 DLC and CA couldn't give all the projects all the attention.

I'm starting to think they were right now.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,659Registered Users, Moderators
    Lets avoid bringing politics into the discussion.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited February 12

Imo, they shouldn't have so many teams and games in development. I mean, do were really need the Saga series they're making? Personally, I'd be fine without. They then can put those people on the more important projects.
    The Rome 2 DLC's as well. Do we really need them? Leave Rome 2 as it is. It's an old game now.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,184Registered Users
    edited February 12

Imo, they shouldn't have so many teams and games in development. I mean, do were really need the Saga series they're making? Personally, I'd be fine without. They then can put those people on the more important projects.
    The Rome 2 DLC's as well. Do we really need them? Leave Rome 2 as it is. It's an old game now.
    Well, there seems to be this theory that the "separate teams" thing means that CA have their entire staff equally and permanently split up into separate groups, sitting on different floors of the office, working on different projects simultaneously, and not engaging with each other at all. Which is a silly theory.

What's probably happening is that they have a very small "core team" of people dedicated to each project (Fantasy, Historical, Saga, New Content). And then the rest of the staff are shuffled around from one project to another as each enters a new stage and ramps up development.

Just as a very basic example, let's say that CA has exactly 100 developers to work on it's 4 projects in development; Fantasy, Historical, Saga, New Content.
    - Each of the "Core Teams" is made up of 10 people who are permanently working on one of those projects.
    - That leaves 60 people who are moved around from one project to another as the workload requires.
    - 3K (The Historical Team) probably has the most amount of staff right now as it's nearing release, the Fantasy and New Content teams might have a few extra hands helping out, but the Saga Team is probably just the Core team of 10 people as it's only now entering pre-production.
    - Once 3K releases, most of the staff will be moved onto the New Content Team making new content for Warhammer and 3K.
    - As Warhammer 2 nears the end of it's life cycle, staff will be moved from the "Fantasy Team" to other teams as they enter the next stage of development, and the core "Fantasy Team" of 10 people will begin pre-production on Warhammer 3.
    - and the machine continues to turn.

That's just my theory and how I interpret the "Separate Teams" thing anyway.

Well, there seems to be this theory that the "separate teams" thing means that CA have their entire staff equally and permanently split up into separate groups, sitting on different floors of the office, working on different projects simultaneously, and not engaging with each other at all. Which is a silly theory.

What's probably happening is that they have a very small "core team" of people dedicated to each project (Fantasy, Historical, Saga, New Content). And then the rest of the staff are shuffled around from one project to another as each enters a new stage and ramps up development.

Just as a very basic example, let's say that CA has exactly 100 developers to work on it's 4 projects in development; Fantasy, Historical, Saga, New Content.
    - Each of the "Core Teams" is made up of 10 people who are permanently working on one of those projects.
    - That leaves 60 people who are moved around from one project to another as the workload requires.
    - 3K (The Historical Team) probably has the most amount of staff right now as it's nearing release, the Fantasy and New Content teams might have a few extra hands helping out, but the Saga Team is probably just the Core team of 10 people as it's only now entering pre-production.
    - Once 3K releases, most of the staff will be moved onto the New Content Team making new content for Warhammer and 3K.
    - As Warhammer 2 nears the end of it's life cycle, staff will be moved from the "Fantasy Team" to other teams as they enter the next stage of development, and the core "Fantasy Team" of 10 people will begin pre-production on Warhammer 3.
    - and the machine continues to turn.

That's just my theory and how I interpret the "Separate Teams" thing anyway.
    That's still 10 more people from Saga who could work on core games and another 10 who could come off Rome 2 DLC and onto core games as well.

I'm glad they got rid of Arena though. That was a resource waste (in my eyes) as well.
  • united84united84 Posts: 526Registered Users
    I am pretty sure there won't be anymore "significant" delays.

The absolute worst case scenario I would expect is delayed till December 2019 and we still get an "unknown quality" game.

The most likely scenario is that we will get the game on the 23rd of May 2019, but any polishing efforts to the game still remain to be seen as I will never trust a company that cannot deliver their product on a stipulated date more so twice in a row & on multiple product line.

Reason why there will not be any delays beyond 2019 is simple. 1st they need to recoup the investment they made on Three Kingdoms & 2nd they cannot afford to postpone TWW3 (which by the way is their cash cow). They probably need a decent window to sell 3K and followed by TWW3. The window is to allow for 3K DLCs to sell as well, be reminded that DLCs is what drives the margin up unless TWW3 is slated for 2021 or 2022 which is unlikely.

• vahid_77vahid_77 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I think everybody has the right to be angry because deep down all of us know that the delay is just a marketing move to give warhammer and ToB dlc(s) and stuff more chance. imagine three kingdoms release 7 march, far less people will pay for warhammer dlc(s) because they will be hyped and concentrated on the new franchise. this kind of behavior by CA is annoying and they are gonna lose their old customers and we will see if they care.
  • EfixEfix Posts: 258Registered Users

This must be one of the worst selfish answer ever guess what your not alone. I as an example is much more interested to see what will be the next Saga then 3K. I play TOB & Rome II regularly and I will gladly buy any new meaningful DLC especially one that fix Attila performance (1212AD) over any Warhammer related stuff.