Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lore Question: Druchii and Dawi Zhar

WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,877Registered Users
So I doubt that there's much if any lore about contact between these two, but say that the Dark Elves and Chaos Dwarfs were to make contact somehow, what would be the outcome? Would they see each other as merely more victims to utilize or would they come to an agreement of sorts given their similar habits of slave taking and bloody sacrifice? What do they even know of each other if at all? The Dawi Zhar split from the Dawi during the coming of Chaos, which occurred before the Sundering which was also about 800 years prior to the War of Vengeance itself, when the Dawi learned of the existence of the Dark Elves to late.

Any ideas from folks better versed in the lore than myself?
Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

Comments

• PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

So I doubt that there's much if any lore about contact between these two, but say that the Dark Elves and Chaos Dwarfs were to make contact somehow, what would be the outcome? Would they see each other as merely more victims to utilize or would they come to an agreement of sorts given their similar habits of slave taking and bloody sacrifice? What do they even know of each other if at all? The Dawi Zhar split from the Dawi during the coming of Chaos, which occurred before the Sundering which was also about 800 years prior to the War of Vengeance itself, when the Dawi learned of the existence of the Dark Elves to late.

They have a lot of contact: slave trade.

Dark elven piracy is a great source of slaves for the chaos dwarfs.

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 848Registered Users
    I know a lot about dark elves, not so much on chaos dwarfs. However, I believe both to be incredibly self-serving, so any alliance would only be for each owns benefit.

I imagine that the dark elves know of the chaos dwarfs though, the dark elves are at constant war with the forces of chaos to the north and there are propably chaos dwarfs among the larger invasions.

Another important point is that Malekith personally has a lot of indepth knowledge about the dwarfs, due to him being bestfriends with high king Snorri whitebeard for hundreds of years. In the time before the sundering, Nagarythe was the kingdom closest to the dwarfs in relations, both because of the Nagarythians heavy influence in the colonies, but also due to the Nagarythians more straightforward culture being closer to the dwarfs than the rest of Ulthuan. It was partly Malekiths deep knowledge of dwarven affairs that allowed him to create the war of vengeance.

As such, it is not unlikely that Malekith would have learned something about the chaos dwarfs from Snorri. In "the present" though, both races are only self-serving and would view each other as tools at best. The dark elves think themselves superior to all other races, and they have no sympathy for anyone, even those in similier circumstances. They might try to use the chaos dwarfs history as a means to and end.

It is also worth noting that while the dark elves are both evil and use dark magic, they still dislike chaos just as much as they hate the rest of the world.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,877Registered Users
    Pocman said:

Wyvax said:

I'd wondered about that, but the mouth of the River Ruin is quite far from the plain of Zhar and Pigbarter is alongside it. I'd thought that it would not be there long if Druchii routinely sailed up it to barter with the CD.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 965Registered Users
    This is interesting, I think if there race had been kept in game with updated army books they would be quite alot of trade going on between the two. Slaves most likely but also trade in CD/DE weaponry and perhaps beasts that roamed the land.

It would be a true betrayal for HE and Dwarf seeing there dark Kin trading like this considering the grudge between both

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,952Registered Users
    Slave trade. There would be no alliance though.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 887Registered Users
    But in game CD cpuld be the the most fitting faction for alliance for the DE.

Introducing of slaves as a tradable ressource for CD, DE, skaven and norsca

CD could surely allied with Chaos.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,503Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

Pocman said:

Wyvax said:

I'd wondered about that, but the mouth of the River Ruin is quite far from the plain of Zhar and Pigbarter is alongside it. I'd thought that it would not be there long if Druchii routinely sailed up it to barter with the CD.
    As far as I remember, there's a Chaos Dwarf seaport in the north of Norsca, based in a tunnel from Uzkulak.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,434Registered Users
    Relations between them always break down because the Druchi get crippling hat envy.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 2,171Registered Users
    I'd honestly say the dark elves are more evil. The chaos dwarves are greedy at the cost of their slaves, but they don't torture because they enjoy it -- more because it means they make more money.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,877Registered Users

I'd honestly say the dark elves are more evil. The chaos dwarves are greedy at the cost of their slaves, but they don't torture because they enjoy it -- more because it means they make more money.

There origin story is more of a tragedy too, whereas the Naggarothi deliberately chose the route to damnation. Of course that's all moot in the grand scheme of things, their both irredeemably evil.

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,742Registered Users
    There is no reason to believe that the two factions wouldn't have contact. The Dark Elves roam the seas of the Warhammer world, and have connections as far away as Ind and Nippon (though that is closer to the Dark Elves than the rest of the world), and the Chaos Dwarfs have access to ports, meaning that they can trade with the Dark Elves..

While there most certainly is no love lost between the two factions, they more than likely trade slaves and raw resources between each other.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 3,844Registered Users
    Their histories are somewhat similar with both turning to evil out of desperation. Although the dawi zharr did it to survive and the dark elves merely for the power it could offer them. Both seem to have a pragmatic approach when it comes to allying with or dealing with the forces of chaos, they are independent of it but aren’t above making use of its strength when the situation suits them.
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    Beyond their heartland in the plain of Zharr, they have raised great fortress-citadels and towers to establish their dominion throughout the far flung and perilous Dark Lands, although no force, even one as brutal as the Chaos Dwarfs can lay claim to true sovereignty over this vast realm of accursed, monster-infested shifting ash-deserts. At the edges of the Dark Lands, the outposts and black iron watch-towers of the Chaos Dwarfs extend as far the great Desolation of Azgorh and the coastline of the Sea of Dread to the south and High Pass to the north, while Mkulak - the Place of the Skull, seat of the ancient Dwarf hold before the Time of Chaos, is still populated but is a strange, secretive place, and the bustling workings of its slave-port and anchorage hide an ancient inner-city that is little more than a heavily garrisoned tomb. The forbidden, lower levels of Uzkulak are shunned; even by its masters and to be consigned to its depths

Basically, I understand that DEs will deop the salves in this
    Wyvax said:

Pocman said:

Wyvax said:

The CD empire has access to the sea (sea of dread i think it was called).
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Posts: 405Registered Users
    i prefer the old lore where morathi and the cult of pleasure worship slaanesh, and the dark elf relationship with chaos is still hateful--but FAR less so than with other races--similar to their relationship with vampire counts i imagine.