Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Whats missing from the delay announcement

Tibi088Tibi088 Posts: 107Registered Users
edited February 12 in General Discussion
I read it again just to be sure but I simply cant find the equivalent of the following:
"We are sorry." or "We are sorry we had to do this."

I understand why they do it but this would have been the bare minimum IMO - especially this close to the promised release date.

Comments

• Syrio_ForelSyrio_Forel Junior Member Posts: 106Registered Users
    edited February 12
    Absolutely! There is nothing more to say.
    When you go into the Forum now there is 23rd of May as if nothing has happened 3 weeks before Launch!

Post edited by Syrio_Forel on
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 585Registered Users
    edited February 12
    Tibi088 said:

I read it again just to be sure but I simply cant find the equivalent of the following:

I understand why they do it but this would have been the bare minimum IMO - especially this close to the promised release date.

I have said this before total lack of respect and appreciation for us. I literally can't think about it because it ****me off so much!!!!

Don't try to bypass the word filter, either directly or by innuendo or insinuation.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Looking forward to Three Kingdoms big time. Warhammer was never my thing.
    Shogun II Avatar Campaign is the most fun I have had with Total War games!
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,213Registered Users
    CA should had said beforehand that the release date is subject to change, the delay itself was justified.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Syrio_ForelSyrio_Forel Junior Member Posts: 106Registered Users
    edited February 12
    Tayvar said:

CA should had said beforehand that the release date is subject to change, the delay itself was justified.

Maybe necessary but not 3 weeks before release... people planned their things some can‘t change their vacancies anymore, just disrespectful to us.

And they already took 6 more months, from Fall to march...i‘ve almost all TotalWar Games even Rome was „okay“ this is one thing too much
  • Kambing1956Kambing1956 Posts: 180Registered Users
    Promise that it hurts them more than it does us. They defer revenue we just have to play something else.

My guess is that they held a readiness review and made the call last week. Risks were to high.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 589Registered Users
    edited February 12

Tibi088 said:

I have said this before total lack of respect and appreciation for us. I literally can't think about it because it **** me off so much!!!!
    Sorry, I don't really think CA owes you anything more than you owe them(which is nothing). In the past them you provided them money, and they provided you with a product in exchange. Seems pretty even steven to me. Respect and appreciation go both ways. Saying "Sorry", is not necessarily an indication of anything.

If you have already pre-ordered(which is not an overly intelligent thing to do), then they will deliver the game to you when it is done.

Post edited by dge1 on
  • Tibi088Tibi088 Posts: 107Registered Users

Tibi088 said:

I have said this before total lack of respect and appreciation for us. I literally can't think about it because it pi__ing me off so much!!!!
    Sorry, I don't really think CA owes you anything more than you owe them(which is nothing). In the past them you provided them money, and they provided you with a product in exchange. Seems pretty even steven to me. Respect and appreciation go both ways. Saying "Sorry", is not necessarily an indication of anything.

If you have already pre-ordered(which is not an overly intelligent thing to do), then they will deliver the game to you when it is done.

You are wrong. If he did preorder the game which he implies than CA does owe him said game. CA made a promise to deliver said game on march 7th and he payed for it in that understanding. Now CA cant deliver it on the promised time and he is not taking it well.

Im more understanding in this regards however if you do something like this you should apoligize for it as a bare minimum - which they didnt and thats IMO is disrespectful towards those who preordered the game - like myself.
    Yes I did preorder. It would have cost CA nothing to apologize. I guess people don't apologize in the UK anymore.

All I ask is they get people who are actually qualified to make decisions based on what they know and have one release date they know will work.

When the release keeps changing the way it is now, your credibility goes down.
    edited February 12

Tibi088 said:

I have said this before total lack of respect and appreciation for us. I literally can't think about it because it **** me off so much!!!!

What i do with my money is none of your business! Let's make that crystal clear! If you don't know when an apology should be giving that's your issue not mine. Nobody can tell anyone else how they are supposed to feel.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,333Registered Users

I guess people don't apologize in the UK anymore.

You've never been to London then, I take it?
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 889Registered Users

This is a non-issue and is completely opinion. Its not unintelligent either. Its a personal choice to reserve a game with money you have currently and might not have in the future.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 589Registered Users

Tibi088 said:

What i do with my money is none of your business! Let's make that crystal clear! If you don't know when an apology should be giving that's your issue not mine. Nobody can tell anyone else how they are supposed to feel.
    hmm, seems like a double standard. Because you seem to be telling CA that they should feel sorry. You mentioned it would have cost CA nothing to apologize. Agreed. You gain nothing from them apologizing either.

Video games are a fun way to relax, but these are not real issues. Save your outrage for something that matters.
    edited February 13

Tibi088 said:

hmm, seems like a double standard. Because you seem to be telling CA that they should feel sorry. You mentioned it would have cost CA nothing to apologize. Agreed. You gain nothing from them apologizing either.

Video games are a fun way to relax, but these are not real issues. Save your outrage for something that matters.
    You post what you want I will post what I want.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 927Registered Users

Tibi088 said:

A little to preaching I would say.

Let's see, if I buy a chair which I've paid for in advance and I receive a message from my supplier that the delivery is postponed with 2 months I sure as hell expect an apology. Now don't get me wrong I don't care for the apology off CA but I can imagine that people are **** off by this delay.

That said I'm sure CA will come with some bonuses content. They just didn't announce it yet which I understand completely because if they did, folks with be evenly pist off and demanding that this should have been in the vanilla game. Just wait and see ;)
  • CA_AndyBCA_AndyB Posts: 35Registered Users, CA Staff
    I think it's a fair assessment that there are players who have specifically requested vacation/holiday time to coincide with the launch of the game. If you're among those for whom the date change is an inconvenience, especially in this manner, allow me to extend a heartfelt apology. The last thing we want is for something that is meant to bring joy and diversion to instead result in stress and FOMO.

I do empathize with disappointment at the date being shifted to May. Internally, are we disappointed that we changed the date? Sure. Are we disappointed with the reasons we're doing it? No. It was the right call and will ultimately result in a better experience being delivered to you, the player.

TLDR: we are sorry that our actions have caused disappointment and stress for some folks. I do sincerely believe that the end result will be a better experience that will hopefully make up for the extra anticipation.
  • juankkjuankk Posts: 196Registered Users
    Thanks, could please there will be aiege towers?dankeschön!
  • juankkjuankk Posts: 196Registered Users
    Sorry , my keyboard I meant siege towers