Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why is Reddit a better source of info than the official forums: Discussion

2»

Comments

• SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,569Registered Users
    @CA_AndyB what I just remembered:

I'm a fan of custom avatars.
    Only having a set list of avatars to choose from easily creates confusion, at least for me.
    When I see a post, the first thing I notice when it comes to identifying the poster is the avatar. Though with multiple people having the same avatar it often goes like this
    "Ok, user x posted"
    "Wait a moment, that doesn't fit with user x's usual style or opinion. Oh, it's user o and not user x"
    or
    "Ok, this could be user x, o, u, a, k, l or m"

The same happens when scrolling through a thread in search of a post from a certain poster. I scroll through, the first thing I see is the avatar -> I stop -> nope, wrong user -> I keep scrolling -> avatar -> I stop -> wrong user again...

Custom avatars also offer a bit more "personal touch" and makes identifying posters faster, since it is unlikely that multiple people will have the same custom made avatar. It happens, no doubt, but it's more seldom.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 326Registered Users
    why does ca seems to be lot more active in reedit. is it because they have some marketing reason.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,922Registered Users
    edited March 9
    Because numbers.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 399Registered Users
    Nobody knows. Even worse, the AMA CA organised some time ago, was on Reddit and not on this forum I believe.
    Probably because more people are following the Reddit page of Total War, but it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. For if you do more on Reddit, more people will go to Reddit. Hence they'd do more on Reddit... A bit sad, but the hard truth
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,331Registered Users
    This forum has lower traffic than Reddit and is also broken causing replies not to bump threads. Face it, this place is the decrepit backwater of the TWWH community.

Not that it's unique in this regard, most traditional forums are dying.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,867Registered Users
    I get confused everytime I try to go on Reddit and couldn’t find my own shoes there even if I was wearing them.

#oldtimer
    Lord of the Undermountain
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,791Registered Users
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 326Registered Users
    reedit has more people but good number of die hard fans are here as well. they should also come here as well.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,311Registered Users
    edited March 9
    Honestly I dont think the numbers are all that different. On this forum there is around 20 000 registered users with around 350 plus connected at all time while the total war sub reddit has 11.1k in the total war warhammer and 130 000 in total war, this is more than the forums tough, 95% of post there are memes and just community stuff. There is basically no discussions about the game.

In the Total war subredits post get on average 5 to 20 comments while on this forum there is much much more.

The big CA organised AMA got 31 comments and 41 upvotes while here the WTTAWO got 200 plus comments.

In terms of getting the game better, its here that things are played

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,663Registered Users

why does ca seems to be lot more active in reedit. is it because they have some marketing reason.

Cuz they're mean.

I hate Reddit's format... it's outdated ****. Also far too manipulable to bury and promote things -- probably why they love it so much. Criticisms get buried FAST.

Seriously though, I started looking into Reddit because of the TW reddit... and discovered that I have been missing NOTHING by not using it all these years. It's a terrible cesspool of memes and asshattery.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,397Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Honestly I dont think the numbers are all that different. On this forum there is around 20 000 registered users with around 350 plus connected at all time while the total war sub reddit has 11.1k in the total war warhammer and 130 000 in total war, this is more than the forums tough, 95% of post there are memes and just community stuff. There is basically no discussions about the game.

In the Total war subredits post get on average 5 to 20 comments while on this forum there is much much more.

The big CA organised AMA got 31 comments and 41 upvotes while here the WTTAWO got 200 plus comments.

That's reassuring to know - especially given that I find I am also too old to understand Reddit.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,358Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Cuz they're mean.

I hate Reddit's format... it's outdated ****. Also far too manipulable to bury and promote things -- probably why they love it so much. Criticisms get buried FAST.

Seriously though, I started looking into Reddit because of the TW reddit... and discovered that I have been missing NOTHING by not using it all these years. It's a terrible cesspool of memes and asshattery.
    This. Any time there is any criticism, the fanboys jump to downvote it and bury it right away.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 743Registered Users
    corvo said:

Because numbers.

You called?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 15,440Registered Users
    edited March 9
    Because CA are meanie beanie bofinis!

That or logic. Probably logic.
    Kranox said:

I doubt that. Hell, a big reason I'm here and not there is that there it feels like here has a lot fewer people. Maybe that's just an effect of Reddit's format.

I don't much like Reddit's format. It's all buttons and it feels like a perpetual popularity contest, that's not fun.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,872Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited March 9