Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 legendary lords overview: Skarbrand

BiesBies Junior MemberPosts: 1,446Registered Users
"Vecteek couldn’t come. So I came instead. You have called and I have answered. You sought the Harbinger of Doom. I am he, little sorcerer. I am your Doom. I am Skarbrand. I am your death..."

—Skarbrand, summoned forth by the foolishness of Grey Seer Thanquol

"I will rip the bones from your body and leave your skin to rot! But your skull I will give to the skull-god, and it will be one among the multitude"

—Skarbrand, The Exiled One

"Run, fleshing! You cannot hide!"

—Skarbrand, during the Battle of Karak Angkul

Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

Comments

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,810Registered Users
    Still hope we get the monogods, battle of the gods would be awesome.

poor skarbrand, someone knows his pain:

• misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 546Registered Users
    Skarbrand > Ka'Bandha
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,045Registered Users

Pfft Escanor would eat him for breakfast :lol:
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    So generic and boring.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,226Registered Users

Lemme say that...Monogods is NOT a Genjutsu~
    I tell you...i'm always so excited to read "What the Teams Are Working On" just 'cause of Monogods/Chaos hints~ :D

Pride?! I see...

*A New Challenger Approaching*

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    IMO, basing on his lore, Skarbrand should be the DLC-FLC LL...for (Monogod) Khorne's roster, obviously.

I'd like to see mah boi U'zhul The Skulltaker and both Valkia or Arbaal as the 2 core-Khorne-LLs~

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 259Registered Users
    So much Monogoodies in one thread. I love it!
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,404Registered Users
    edited February 15
    I'm looking forward to DoC, they'll be great.

I'm pretty meh on Skarbrand though, he's devoid of personality.

And hasn't this thread been posted before?
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/231171/skarbrand-khornes-rage-feaster/p1
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 424Registered Users
    Skarbrand and Bloothirsters = Balrog from LOTR. Nobody hates Balrog!

• FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,652Registered Users
    So hard for me to decide what chaos characters I am excited for most. It keeps fluctuating based on which gods I am most in favor of moment to moment... I feel like a Norscan LL.

Purely on the 4 greater daemon characters that are in the limelight.....
    1. Skarbrand
    2. Kairos
    3. N'Kari
    4. Ku'gath

• PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users

When everything in the freaking roster is Balrog variants with (literally) no personality it becomes dull, boring and repetitive.

Khorne is the worst chaos god.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 424Registered Users
    Pocman said:

When everything in the freaking roster is Balrog variants with (literally) no personality it becomes dull, boring and repetitive.
    "Everything in the freaking roster is Balrog variants"??? There's Skarbrand, which is a Bloodthirster and...common Bloodthirsters and... ... ... ... ... ...
    At this point everything in the freaking WE roster is Legolas variants!

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,434Registered Users, Moderators

I adore Balrogs.

Therefore I hate Bloodthirsters. Bloodthirsters are an embarrassment in comparison.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,435Registered Users

Pocman said:

"Everything in the freaking roster is Balrog variants"??? There's Skarbrand, which is a Bloodthirster and...common Bloodthirsters and... ... ... ... ... ...
    At this point everything in the freaking WE roster is Legolas variants!

Not true! Some are Ent variants.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer
    All the gods need each other, they were all designed to work together after all. Khorne needs the others probably the most as he doesn't bring anything really new to the table. Khorne is war and rage, but all the others bring war.

Skarbrand represents this, he literally has no personality. That's his actual gimmick; no personality, just rage.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Dual axe bloodthister, yes ofc. Skarbrand good option for monogod LL.

I realy tired from fight only vs WoC during chaos invasion. That why i so want monogods. I want a 5 races (maybe Beastmen too but meh) that invasion onto whole world.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,193Registered Users
    I’ll gladly take Skarbrand but I’m not kidding myself, Khorne and his Daemons are so very, very generic. I struggle to find a single sort of daemon for Khorne or indeed a character associated with him that I even remotely like. That is why I love the Daemons of the Changer of Ways. They aren’t what you’d normally think of when it comes to daemons and the multicoloured hosts of Tzeentch put a bit of absurd colour on the canvas of Warhammer daemonhood.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,045Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

I’ll gladly take Skarbrand but I’m not kidding myself, Khorne and his Daemons are so very, very generic. I struggle to find a single sort of daemon for Khorne or indeed a character associated with him that I even remotely like. That is why I love the Daemons of the Changer of Ways. They aren’t what you’d normally think of when it comes to daemons and the multicoloured hosts of Tzeentch put a bit of absurd colour on the canvas of Warhammer daemonhood.

You are right there, I mean I will probably enjoy a bit of bloodthirster action but at the end of the day there isn't much else to Khorne. Cannot wait for Nurgle and Slaanesh myself, the Unclean One and Keeper will probably be extremely fun to use.
    I actually get Khorne a lot more than most other folk. In my last bout I was in the warmup area yelling in rage, so I get that bit.... it's just boring. Khorne would be interesting if he was more a neutral force, but he's straight evil so he's just not.

In terms of placement Skarbrand is a big bad Greater Demon. He makes sense as a DoC LL. For any potential Monogod LL I'd go with Valkia and/or Skulltaker
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Posts: 347Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

I adore Balrogs.

Therefore I hate Bloodthirsters. Bloodthirsters are an embarrassment in comparison.
    you realize that the original description of a balrog was man-sized, right? and that balrogs weren't described as looking like they did in the movie at all. bloodthirsters came after balrogs, but before the movie balrogs.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,434Registered Users, Moderators
    edited February 16

Canuovea said:

I adore Balrogs.

you realize that the original description of a balrog was man-sized, right? and that balrogs weren't described as looking like they did in the movie at all. bloodthirsters came after balrogs, but before the movie balrogs.
    Yes, I knew about them before the film, in fact I think I prefer the book's more mysterious take on the things (not that the movie had much of a choice, I suppose). Though "man sized" might not be quite correct, the thing was big. Not nearly as big as the movie version, but clearly larger than your average human. Gothmog was known to have troll bodyguards so presumably he was at least about that size. We know they had a fiery "mane". We know that they seemed like they maybe might have had wings (of shadow). We know they were wreathed in flame when they so wished, but almost oily when immersed in water. They had whips of flame (which caused quite some consternation amongst the Noldor) and swords of flame, though Gothmog used a black axe. Magic was as known to them as it was to Gandalf (the Grey at least), for when Gandalf attempted a shutting spell the Balrog seized the rings on the other side of the door and the counterspell it used was so strong that the door shattered. They are hard creatures to pin down, and certainly fit the idea of a primeval horror well enough.

A Bloodthirster is a big red demon with axes and/or a whip. They're angry and good at killing things. Whoop de doo.

I'll admit to not being sure what would happen if a Balrog was pitted against a Bloodthirster. There is a fair chance the Khornate Daemon would win, though the comparison is a flawed idea in and of itself, but for style points I have to bet on the Balrog. Valarauko are not to be underestimated.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 642Registered Users
    I actually love big brother Khorne, the personification of the devastation.
    Kinda love how the Gods differently acts during their raids against the mortal world.

Skarbrand is a potential #1 place LL for Khorne roster but...i would like to see U'zhul or Haargroth before.

#FORGHORGON
  • tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 201Registered Users
    Yeah all the Khorne characters are the same: “so there was this guy/thing right? It got reaaaaaally angry and killed loooooads of stuff. The end.”

If they emphasised khornes martial honour rather than him being so angry all the time there might be some space for personality. Im just imagining all the angry shouting every time i click somewhere playing them 😖
    tanspan88 said:

Yeah all the Khorne characters are the same: “so there was this guy/thing right? It got reaaaaaally angry and killed loooooads of stuff. The end.”

If they emphasised khornes martial honour rather than him being so angry all the time there might be some space for personality. Im just imagining all the angry shouting every time i click somewhere playing them 😖

The universe would be much more interesting with grey gods, unfortunately they're all black.

Khorne would be great grey, but as is he's straight evil so he suffers more than any other god.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    edited February 16

tanspan88 said:

The universe would be much more interesting with grey gods, unfortunately they're all black.

Khorne would be great grey, but as is he's straight evil so he suffers more than any other god.
    Playing as Wulfrik constant time fight against evil factions, High elf (100+ relations) and dwarfs (900+ relations) my best bro, both military ally.
    Worship to Khorne.
    Is I'm doing something wrong?
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,808Registered Users
    Fantasy is not very keen on Chaos Undivided characters, afaik there was only one non-retconned Undivided Demon Prince who basically went complete nuts and considered as a failed experiment of the Chaos Gods.

What I like about 40k is actually well-written undivided Chaos legions (Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers, etc) with some spark of originality and distinctiveness, compared to FB's "ooh we're named chaos warband\characters, so we have to be stereotypical followers of some of the 4 Gods!!!"

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Makes me so happy for monogods :smile:
    So happy at all the hints too, and eagerly awaiting the next batch of em :blush:

Mono and divided, as is best :wink:
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,894Registered Users

Agreed, of course with Mortal followers as well each Chaos God has own unique looking Warriors and Knights, Champions and Lords, Daemonic Heralds, Spawns of Chaos and you name it. Also would be great opportunity to introduce Daemon Prince as Lord.

Since we talk about Skarbrand, Valkia should me Mortal Legendary Lord.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,729Registered Users

Agreed, of course with Mortal followers as well each Chaos God has own unique looking Warriors and Knights, Champions and Lords, Daemonic Heralds, Spawns of Chaos and you name it. Also would be great opportunity to introduce Daemon Prince as Lord.

Since we talk about Skarbrand, Valkia should me Mortal Legendary Lord.
    How about 1 legendary lord each to represent cultist, champion, lesser and greater daemon of each god?
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    edited February 16

Makes me so happy for monogods :smile:
    So happy at all the hints too, and eagerly awaiting the next batch of em :blush:

Mono and divided, as is best :wink:

Nah, undivided just like on the TT and the lore is best.

Skarbrand is an undivided LL. Skarbrand is from the DoC army book which is -like all chaos army books- undivided. It gives the possibility to represent all the lore (mono, duo, trio, and undivided) while monos represent a tiny slither.