Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Disable/Enable factions

PotatoMeisterPotatoMeister Registered Users Posts: 28
Please let us disable and enable factions in the campaign. Honestly I could have lived without this feature in till the vampire coast was introduced but I really dislike them.

Why? Because they are a Pirates of the Caribbean crossover. Yes I know they exist in the lore yet adding them seems bizarre to me, they are pirates not an actual faction. There should be no way for them to be a real threat to anyone (yet they have the best expansion mechanics of all playable factions). And zombies using guns? What happened to "reanimated corpses can't use ranged weapons"? The only exception is for the Tomb kings because they're more than just reanimated, they're revived.

Of course there's lots of people who would disagree with me about this (CA included) but that's really beside the point. A mechanic to manually enable and disable factions would be appreciated by most and improving the replayability even further in an already amazing game.

Comments

• LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 510

And zombies using guns? What happened to "reanimated corpses can't use ranged weapons"? The only exception is for the Tomb kings because they're more than just reanimated, they're revived.

"BLACK POWDER WEAPONS
    The pirates of the Vampire Coast carry
    a large assortment of black powder
    weapons, ranging from pistols to Great
    Cannon – not a normal sight in the
    retinues of more traditionally minded
    (and less clinically insane) Vampire
    Counts. Though Zombies are not
    normally known for their ability to
    shoot straight (or at all), Harkon long
    ago wove an enchantment that allows
    them to do just that. However, even
    the misused magics of the Slann have a
    hard time making soggy and
    waterlogged black powder weapons
    discharge with any reliability."
    Taken from the warhammer chronicles army list.
    Luthor Harkon just enriched the traditional necromancy with a bit of Slann knowledge he obtained.
  • cupcakeeecupcakeee Registered Users Posts: 31
    Yeah, these mortal empires turn timers are exorbitant. Anything we can do to help my Wood Elf playthrough not take 5 minutes a turn.
  • PotatoMeisterPotatoMeister Registered Users Posts: 28

And zombies using guns? What happened to "reanimated corpses can't use ranged weapons"? The only exception is for the Tomb kings because they're more than just reanimated, they're revived.

"BLACK POWDER WEAPONS
    The pirates of the Vampire Coast carry
    a large assortment of black powder
    weapons, ranging from pistols to Great
    Cannon – not a normal sight in the
    retinues of more traditionally minded
    (and less clinically insane) Vampire
    Counts. Though Zombies are not
    normally known for their ability to
    shoot straight (or at all), Harkon long
    ago wove an enchantment that allows
    them to do just that. However, even
    the misused magics of the Slann have a
    hard time making soggy and
    waterlogged black powder weapons
    discharge with any reliability."
    Taken from the warhammer chronicles army list.
    Luthor Harkon just enriched the traditional necromancy with a bit of Slann knowledge he obtained.
    Yes I am aware, doesn't mean I have to like it. All I'm asking is for a method for disabling factions. You're not forced to use it unless you want to. And as cupcakeee mentioned it would also help with the ridiculous loading times as well, I only see benefits to this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file