Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New World is Too Squished in ME

2»

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,560

I’m cool with the old world being shrunk to accommodate more of the new world. There’s a lot of empty space in the old world and some minor factions could be clipped.

HERESY! The Old World is the most important partof hte Warhammer world. 70% Or More of the stuff happens there. Shrinking it down to accomodate in lore terms unimportant map filler regions would be a major disservice

ANd Reminder: with Game 3 the Old World will likely be stuck in the middle between New World and Game 3 races.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Registered Users Posts: 348
    I really don't like playing ME with TWW2 races as I hate the western and southern boundaries - the mist is awful. At least on TWW1 the north was chaos wastes, the east bordered by the mountains and only really the south that felt strange although being the spaced out Badlands it wasn't too bad.

I'd prefer they sort the west and south out to make some proper clear borders. But they probably won't.
  • NewovarNewovar Registered Users Posts: 8
    To be honest, they should just work with different separated "instances" in ME2. So there's a map for let's say the old world + araby etc. and there's a different map for the New World, Naggaroth and Ulthuan. Then you simply switch between these separated maps when you travel to a certain point at the sea. This would probably give them a lot more room for bigger oceans and overall less cropped landmasses. Don't know what this would mean in terms of end of turn duration etc. but I can't imagine that it would be bad for the games overall performance and so forth.
    The Wild Hunt just got a whole lot wilder.

• dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    I agree, Lustria is cramped rn and with the Lord pack coming....
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,406
    dchip1 said:

I agree, Lustria is cramped rn and with the Lord pack coming....

At least if wee see two or more LLs added to Lustria we can have a look at what it will be like to have an area crammed full of LLs and what that will mean for diversity of outcomes.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 594
    If wishes were fishes.... big sigh.

Wouldn't it of been amazing to have a ME campaign map that was Vortex plus game one, then adding an equally detailed and huge map from game 3.

Alas, we all understand the reasons why they couldn't, and we all wish and want other bits and bobs...

As a lifelong fan of GW tabletop, and TW, I'm still full of gratitude that this game exists and that CA (and the modders) have done such an awesome job.

That said, I really think that the level of love for the IP in the community is so big, and will have such long legs into the future, that currently CA 's shareholders are underserving themselves by not pushing out more content.

Screw everyone that complains about games charging for DLC's etc... give me more more more and i'll pay! I want LL's popping out of my ears every month.

Full army lists. Special campaigns... War of the Beard etc... Just give it us!
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    edited February 2019
    PTree said:

If wishes were fishes.... big sigh.

Wouldn't it of been amazing to have a ME campaign map that was Vortex plus game one, then adding an equally detailed and huge map from game 3.

Alas, we all understand the reasons why they couldn't, and we all wish and want other bits and bobs...

As a lifelong fan of GW tabletop, and TW, I'm still full of gratitude that this game exists and that CA (and the modders) have done such an awesome job.

That said, I really think that the level of love for the IP in the community is so big, and will have such long legs into the future, that currently CA 's shareholders are underserving themselves by not pushing out more content.

Screw everyone that complains about games charging for DLC's etc... give me more more more and i'll pay! I want LL's popping out of my ears every month.

Full army lists. Special campaigns... War of the Beard etc... Just give it us!

Totally this! I'd also love to see the full Warhammer world map in an enormous ME campaign with all factions in full motion by the end of the series. This is where the full world should be most expressed. Unlock vast and missing areas of land in DLC if they have to, just give us it. Let my poor map ocd rest. >:)

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 809
    I'm comfortable with the amount of map warping currently in Mortal Empires.

Quite frankly, the game suffers if the map gets too big. It's not just extravagant turn times (although, yes, that is a concern), but the more spread out the map becomes the emptier a campaign can feel...

To give a good example, look at the Vortex campaign. I love it, yes, but pretty much every campaign I've ever had there was won with my faction controlling one and a half continents. There's so much space there that you'll never approach it all, and it gets tedious quickly if you try.

Some concessions have to be made to keep the game flowing. Trimming away and warping some of the corners of the map works; it helps direct the factions inward towards interaction and conflict with each other without meaningfully impacting the game for the vast majority of factions.
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 522

I’m cool with the old world being shrunk to accommodate more of the new world. There’s a lot of empty space in the old world and some minor factions could be clipped.

i'm saying, have ALL of both
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 474
    I'm actually with @Nopeacejustwar on the matter. As he said, the old world is very empty in some parts (*cough* empire *cough*), making condensing it a somewhat obvious solution. It should surely not be warped to the same extent as the new world, but a small shrinking might even improve it (Talabecland!!!!). This might allow to push the map south a bit and slightly increase the size of Ulthuan. Generally the removing of settlements should be limited and the average distance between them decreased. The old world is a small but very densely populated part of the warhammer world after all. Currently it's kind of the other way around.
    Also on the matter of varying distances and too large oceans in general. A fix for that seems to be pretty easy. Some of the campaign movement bonuses (mainly the nautical themed ones) could be increased but made to only apply on the seas. Thus the oceans would be turned into a central transport mechanism in the wider areas, but still be inferior for shorter distances due to dis-/embarking.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,027
    There are actually supposed to be threats in those big empty forest areas.