Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit design / Economic Development

OryelMOryelM Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
I have been playing TW since Shogun and absolutely love the series. The game has become multi faceted when dealing with battles, story lines and diplomacy options but has remained linear in terms of economic development and units selection.

Economic game play enhancement aside, it would be extremely useful and fun to design and create units in-game to accommodate specific battle tactics & financial capabilities (based on our tech progress / Instead of or in addition to unlocking new, predesigned unit types) It would enhance the battle experience as well as the game experience as well. Although I must say, The new Hero's look amazing.

I'm usually a big fan of a little more hands on economic development style RTS but TW wasn't designed to be as trade/supply focused as other RTS's.

Comments

• YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    edited February 20
    I understand you, but TW goes for units and weapons that actually existed in the time period. Or trys to at least.

Giving you the set unit types. Also, there is a multiplayer component, custom units would never be allowed in it, in it's current state.
    Post edited by Yaafm on