Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The WORST things about TWW2 (i.e. needing change; in a current version as of February 2019)

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,732
    edited February 2019
    Crossil said:

Greatest issue for me is no Red Duke and Boris Todbringer, yet.

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

Surtha Ek is a meme Lord who should never be a real LL.

As for those, yeah, hopefully soon for Boris. Not so keen on more Vampires though.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,151

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

As for those, yeah, hopefully soon for Boris. Not so keen on more Vampires though.
    He already is a faction lord. Where’s the harm in making him playable?
    Later
  • PartyTimePartyTime Registered Users Posts: 4
    Do something about the vampire pirates that always end up taking every coastal province, and large swathes inland in every game I’ve played. I mean seriously, I’m stuck here slogging through zombie gunners and necrofex cannon dudes in the middle of the mountains where Karak Hirn used to be. Another ‘pirate fleet’ owns the entire northwestern section of what used to be the empire.

Why are there pirates here? WHY?! Not even concerned about chaos when I’ve got ~60 turns of ‘fun’ fighting the most annoying army in the game.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,405
    Things like Boris not being playable is annoying, but I toss that under my lord number. Because it simply sums under being shorted lords on certain factions.
  • GoldfishLordGoldfishLord Registered Users Posts: 155
    Honestly, my biggest issue with TWW right now is that you're forced to have a Lord in custom battles. I would really like to pit two units against each other to see which would win without having to account for the morale debuffs they suffer when one of the Lords is broken or dead. I just want to be able to do battles without Lords, CA. Please let me have this.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    1. Put someone in place to control Aranessa in ME. The whole "LL factions get bonus autoresolve" is not good when there is no other LL around to stop them. Hopefully Ikit will be in Skavenblight soon and that will give the little mermaid someone to play with.
    2. I know it is just a broken record of a complaint but we need more LLs for a couple factions. Empire is in dire need. Wood Elves as well.
    3. Complete rework of the Beastmen. I love the goats but even I get annoyed playing their campaign. They need herdstones erected in ruins. They need their missing units. They need their LLs split into their own faction (I mean come on at least give Morghur his Shadowgave faction)
    4. I don't even care about new siege maps, just get the AI to figure out the maps we already have first. There is a reason I end up making my "Saturday Night Special" army of nothing but artillery or flying units to just ignore the dumb AI
    5. Amber Rework. I don't play knife ear factions that much (I do play some Dark and Wood) but the Wood Elves are a little gimped by Amber right now.
    6. This is might sound weird but can we have a couple more factions that respect great power? I feel like every camapign I am allied to my best bro Settra. Would like to have some other possible bros.
    7. General Autoresolve issues. Always going to be a problem but a little more effort into fixing it would be nice.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,864

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

• JuroslavJuroslav Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 291
    edited February 2019

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.
    In custom battles not in campaign.

As for siege battles I doubt we will ever see "standard" sieges.

Moreover diplomacy right now is... let's say not in the good shape. The most annoying thing for me is status of great power. Now it is just debuff. Smaller factions should hate you but also should fear you. Not just randomly rejecting every deal you offer. If I have 20 cities and dozen of armies it is not quite clever thing for one city neighbour faction to reject any offer. They should reckon that being a vassal is better than being razed to the ground.

On the other hand what I want from vassals is total obedience in terms of declaring war on anyone. From my perspective they just can't do it without my permission.

Another thing are challenges that are right now in campaign (mostly ME). Besides Chaos I don't think there is one and once you reach certain point in campaign Chaos invasion (as was said before) is just annoying thing not a challenge.

But apart from huge invasions (let's say skaven or greenskins) I don't really know what CA can do to raise mid or late game campaign difficulty. This is the thing that I want to discuss and I'm certain that men and women of this forum which know lore better than me will come up with something. Maybe Nagash can be spawned at some moment in campaign that could lead vampire invasion - but again it is invasion. Maybe some kind of climate change (Attila style ice age?) that could debuff your economy, growth and make most armies to have smaller movement range and suffer attrition when they are not in encamp stance.

Edit:
    I love the possibility of interaction between factions. For example one can be, as mentioned before, spawning of Nagash by vampire factions (AI could do that automaticly by certain turn or give them conditions which must be fulfilled - he doesn't have to be spawned in every campaign)

Another example could be crusades which can be called by Bretonnia and Empire on certain factions and cities (Medieval II style). I don't rly know how lureful it would be thou.

TLDR;

- don't think sieges will be redesigned
    - need for more challenges
    - better diplomacy (change great power status and behaviour of vassals)
    - more interactions between factions and more campaign related events (e. g. crusades, spawning of Nagash)
    Post edited by Juroslav on
    LOVE FOR DIPLOMACY!!! :)
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,246
    For me, incomplete rosters and missing characters. All the other flaws, I can simply mod them.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,125
    People keep calling allies useless but man I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth out of them more than once. Right now I’m pretty early in a Bordeleaux campaign and without Lyonesse help keeping Mousillon from being able to catch a breather, They and then I would probably be toast.

Last campaign I had occupied Tilea and was fending off endless stacks from the rank 1 Greenskin. Wood elves helped me by keeping them from slipping through the vaults and also hitting them in the border princes.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 5,983
    edited February 2019

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's in the game, he's canon within the game. Everything else is semantics.

Let the Everchariot ride!
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's in the game, he's canon within the game. Everything else is semantics.

Let the Everchariot ride!
    Give him a Ice Wolf chariot with black wolves with glowing effects and call it the Chariot of the Dark Gods.

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.
    Surtha Ek is playable? I know he isn't in the campaign. Is he in MP? I don't know, and like 95% of players, don't really care.
    Later

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.
    Surtha Ek is playable? I know he isn't in the campaign. Is he in MP? I don't know, and like 95% of players, don't really care.
    Confederate him as Norsca and he becomes playable. That's as far as they should go with a character that's only famous for a rather lame meme.

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.
    Confederate him as Norsca and he becomes playable. That's as far as they should go with a character that's only famous for a rather lame meme.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure when anyone talks about a LL being playable they mean selectable from the start. Otherwise no one would want any of the lords already in the game. That being said, how in any way does it negatively impact the game if they made him "selectable"? Faction unlockers do this already so it's not hard to do. It has no negative impact on anything else in the game or the production schedule of anything coming so I don't see why someone would deny that content.
    Later

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure when anyone talks about a LL being playable they mean selectable from the start. Otherwise no one would want any of the lords already in the game. That being said, how in any way does it negatively impact the game if they made him "selectable"? Faction unlockers do this already so it's not hard to do. It has no negative impact on anything else in the game or the production schedule of anything coming so I don't see why someone would deny that content.
    Chaos has the largest character roster in the lore. I would absolutely hate and despise CA if they wasted a slot on a lame meme character instead.

Think Tretch's reception was bad (and he actually was an armybook character)? Multiply that by a 1000 if Surtha Ek steals the spot of someone like Valkia, Sayl the Faithless, Vardek Chrom or Vilitch the Curseling.

Sorry, they can keep the fanfaction characters for factions that have close to no associated characters like VCoast. Norsca should get better because there's a large pool to pick from.

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,674

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.
    Chaos has the largest character roster in the lore. I would absolutely hate and despise CA if they wasted a slot on a lame meme character instead.

Think Tretch's reception was bad (and he actually was an armybook character)? Multiply that by a 1000 if Surtha Ek steals the spot of someone like Valkia, Sayl the Faithless, Vardek Chrom or Vilitch the Curseling.

Sorry, they can keep the fanfaction characters for factions that have close to no associated characters like VCoast. Norsca should get better because there's a large pool to pick from.
    Tretch is a Army Book character (full reference sheet in spoiler tag).

Also remember that Norscan lords cannot already be aligned with any Chaos God due to their mechanic.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Where is this "slot" coming from though? It's not like if they made Surtha Ek a playable LL tomorrow for Skaeling that'd mean another LL wouldn't come. There's no evidence of that. You're making up a scenario to be afraid of. Now if they had to make the character from the ground up there'd be more cause to believe that, but we're talking about a character that could just be implemented today without much of an issue. It would be a different story though if they were completely remodeling the character and giving them new items and skills and mechanics. Then yes, that could adversely affect the implementation of another lord.

No one is saying Surtha Ek should be added in lieu of someone new. The argument is adding Surtha Ek in because Norsca isn't getting anything else right now, if ever. Them being unlocked would not somehow stop CA from making other characters further down the line. It's like saying Todbringer being officially made an LL would mean that they can't ever make another Empire LL. It doesn't mean that. It's far more likely that we won't ever get another new one so they should implement Todbringer.

At worst it'd just be another LL option that you can ignore and not choose to play as. Somebody else getting something that they want doesn't take away anything from you.
    Later
    Right now I cast shade to anyone that says we will get all lords. There are no proverbial outright slots, but that doesn't mean that resources will allow for all. Or that CA will actually decide to do all. Therefore, yeah, that will be a slot from that resource pool.

One reason they've decided not to do many or any heros. Takes resources from lords.
    Nyxilis said:

Right now I cast shade to anyone that says we will get all lords. There are no proverbial outright slots, but that doesn't mean that resources will allow for all. Or that CA will actually decide to do all. Therefore, yeah, that will be a slot from that resource pool.

One reason they've decided not to do many or any heros. Takes resources from lords.

There's no way we'll get even remotely close to all lords. But this whole "slots" thing makes the argument that if there is a set amount of work to create a LL then one being made means another won't. But that only makes sense if the amount of work is equal. Implementing Surtha Ek or Todbringer or Red Duke as they are now is not the same level of work as creating a brand new LL from scratch. It's not even close. So yes, if we were to say introduce Valkia or Sayl getting one lowers the chances of getting the other, but Surtha Ek does not require that level of work. He's already there. Implementing him is barely a modding issue. Now, if they decided that in order to make him a full LL they were going to give him a brand new model/mounts/skills/mechanics then yes, that could very well lessen the chance of getting another lord. Implementing the partially existing lords as they are is not the same level of work as creating a new one from scratch. It's all from the same resource pool, but the amount your taking from that is drastically different.
    Later

Nyxilis said:

There's no way we'll get even remotely close to all lords. But this whole "slots" thing makes the argument that if there is a set amount of work to create a LL then one being made means another won't. But that only makes sense if the amount of work is equal. Implementing Surtha Ek or Todbringer or Red Duke as they are now is not the same level of work as creating a brand new LL from scratch. It's not even close. So yes, if we were to say introduce Valkia or Sayl getting one lowers the chances of getting the other, but Surtha Ek does not require that level of work. He's already there. Implementing him is barely a modding issue. Now, if they decided that in order to make him a full LL they were going to give him a brand new model/mounts/skills/mechanics then yes, that could very well lessen the chance of getting another lord. Implementing the partially existing lords as they are is not the same level of work as creating a new one from scratch. It's all from the same resource pool, but the amount your taking from that is drastically different.
    There is no absolute set, but there is still a set amount of resources for it. That means there are metaphorical slots. Even if somethings like Todbringer are easier because they have an existing model it doesn't mean it's free, or even that it's that easy. Some like Todbringer were not very well done, cheaply cobbled and could use some polish. And they'd have deal with the empire in general since it looks like they never intended to create alternate empire factions. So they'll have to be reworked to allow for those. Or program in an entirely different functioning faction.

So easier, but not drastically so. Still takes resources. And there are plenty of folks that would much rather get a bunch of missing big names in first. Most would far rather yeah they finish Todbringer than Surtha, or Malus, Ikkit, Thrott, or the likes of Grom.

And when resources are spent on something not those, it still to most feels like dwindling resources for the lords they want. And that is why Tretch gets so much negativity. Will we now not get Ikkit, or Thrott?
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 5,983
    edited February 2019
    Nyxilis said:

The two characters which I think would work for Norsca would be Sayl, unless CA does something with Kurgan and Hung. Not likely so he'd represent them throough Norsca.

And Beorg because he's basically the were-creatures LL. He might be DoW but he fits like a glove with Skinwolves.

I'll still shill for his chariot majesty, though.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Crossil said:

Nyxilis said:

The two characters which I think would work for Norsca would be Sayl, unless CA does something with Kurgan and Hung. Not likely so he'd represent them throough Norsca.

And Beorg because he's basically the were-creatures LL. He might be DoW but he fits like a glove with Skinwolves.

I'll still shill for his chariot majesty.
    I feel like Sayl could be held over for game 3, and introduced with some skarsnik style thing for that. Beorg could be a good one for Norsca to yea but really depends what they do with DoW if at all.

Really, I would support him if and only if they really get serious about adding lords game 3 and truly flesh out many of the other lords. Because even ignoring Norsca there are just to many other lords I'd want across a long line of factions. Or I know some fairly popular lords that didn't in like Malus.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    So many things but my top four are:

1. Get rid of the clones. Need unique Marienburg, TEB, etc
    2. Mix up the chaos invasion. There is another thread which lists a bunch of alternate random invasions and uprisings that would add variety. These could occur at any time in your campaign.
    3. Add the missing races even the minor ones
    4. Visible trade routes that can be intercept by placing a fleet on the route, sort of a pillage for pirates at sea.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Also remember that Norscan lords cannot already be aligned with any Chaos God due to their mechanic.
    You have noticed I actually acknowledged that, right?

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Where is this "slot" coming from though? It's not like if they made Surtha Ek a playable LL tomorrow for Skaeling that'd mean another LL wouldn't come. There's no evidence of that. You're making up a scenario to be afraid of.
    Evidence? You have to be pretty out there to think there are no limited slots for units and characters. Every unit and character they have to license and so it costs them money, of course they budgeted for it. Why do you think practically all other Warhammer adaptions use almost exclusively OCs? In the entire DoW series, how many lore characters were included? About, uh, two? Asdrubael Vect and a cameo by Abaddon. That's it. Vermintide? None whatsoever. The Grey Seer final boss of II is even a pretty explicit Thanquol wannabe, what with him sicking a custom Stormfiend after you.

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,674

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

My bad misread the question mark.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Where is this "slot" coming from though? It's not like if they made Surtha Ek a playable LL tomorrow for Skaeling that'd mean another LL wouldn't come. There's no evidence of that. You're making up a scenario to be afraid of.
    Evidence? You have to be pretty out there to think there are no limited slots for units and characters. Every unit and character they have to license and so it costs them money, of course they budgeted for it.
    Going by your own logic, they don't have to license Surtha Ek so he doesn't occupy a slot.
    Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Evidence? You have to be pretty out there to think there are no limited slots for units and characters. Every unit and character they have to license and so it costs them money, of course they budgeted for it.
    Going by your own logic, they don't have to license Surtha Ek so he doesn't occupy a slot.
    They still have to work on that character and his faction, don't they? Quest battles, items, skill tree, faction balance, unique voicelines... you know, budget stuff that could go to a lore character instead.

Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

They still have to work on that character and his faction, don't they? Quest battles, items, skill tree, faction balance, unique voicelines... you know, budget stuff that could go to a lore character instead.
    Sure. But you didn't use this argument in the previous post.
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Crossil said:

THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!!

Also Surtha Ek.

He's already playable.

Sure. But you didn't use this argument in the previous post.
    Ehem, why throw out money for a meme character that is bound to **** off a lot of their buyers when the funds would be better funneled towards a lore character that might cost more but also create more satisfied customers? Budget!