Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

What computer and specs do i need to run shogun 2

Kingdom of HeavenKingdom of Heaven Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
Hello everyone, i really love this franchise and havent had the oppurtunity to play this game yet due to the fact that im not very knowledgable on computers. I was just wondering if anyone could help me decide on what computer ( laptop preferrably) to buy to play Shogun 2 or Total War: Empires on Medium or Maximum settings and what type of prices i would face. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Fight on Total War Lovers!!!
Post edited by Kingdom of Heaven on

Comments

• DarKDarK Tech Moderator Posts: 639Tech Moderators
    edited September 2011
    It would take a slightly more powerful rig to play STW2 on max than ETW. Also both are very taxing games, CPU especially.
    Keep in mind,a $2000 laptop is probably going to be on par with a $1000 in games. Mobile technology is much more expensive. If you are serious about having a laptop, you'll need to be sure...

As long as it has a mid-high range GPU, it'll have a reasonable CPU/RAM so no need to worry about it (you probably want 4GB, wont need more even if it's offered - unless free of course).

I can't hunt laptop prices for you, but if you find one you can post the laptop price/model/specs here and we can recommend it or not.

Likewise for a desktop, look for at least a decent custom built gaming rig. It doesn't need to be Alienware, only the hardware inside matters. Typcially that means just the HW/OS + construction fee from any physical or online store. You can easily get an amazing PC for around $1000.
  • MIKEMIKE Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    :( thanks im poor lols iyal have to work my way up