Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Altering (_no_upkeep_cost_) into (_upkeep_reduction_) in technology effects

c0urtlandc0urtland Registered Users Posts: 2
So! Vampire Counts two updates ago had a rather JUICY update to Defiler of Ancient Barrows. It completely removed all upkeep to skeleton spearmen and skeleton warriors. This allowed one to effectively WIN the game by turn 18 - as you could spam armies at only the cost of your general. Though mediocre in stats - a flood of them nonetheless can carry any battle.

SO! I wanted SOME challenge when playing my favorite faction - so I sought to alter this to its original value of -10% upkeep.

Therefore I found the _no_upkeep_cost_skeleton line in the Technology_Effect folder and changed -100 to -10.

Because the effect is already _no_upkeep_cost - this really didn't work.

So I tried changing it from _no_upkeep_cost_ into _upkeep_reduction_ and from there I couldn't even get the game to start.

Any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• c0urtlandc0urtland Registered Users Posts: 2
    I think what exacerbates this gross miss-balance is how staggeringly easy it is to get gold chevron skelly fodder.

You simply recruit a necromancer lord - and with one skill point he gives any skeles/zombs +4 rank. Pair that with the cheap technology which gives +2 rank. That's +6 right off the bat - nevermind the necromancer's tower buffing it further.

And I can tell you that gold veteran skellies can go toe-to-toe with even some elite infantry - especially given the +8/+8 red skills give them.

I WANT TO DROWN THE WORLD IN UNDEATH!!! B

But I want it to be challenging too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file