Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Total War Launcher - feedback thread

Comments

• solopssolops Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    edited February 2019
    This seems to be a useless, clumsy and ugly piece of software that does little but cause mod problems and take up too much space. Couldn't you guys find a better way to push advertising on to us? I'd really like to revert to the older launcher. It delivered more info faster without all of the huge waste of space. This is a beta, right? Please cut down on the size and the ads. Go for concise, small and only necessary info. Put the mod info back on the front page. Really, a launcher does not need multiple pages!
  • CortexCCortexC Registered Users Posts: 3
    An option to save mod "loadouts" on the launcher.

This would be really cool for playing modded in MP and the players often change mods as they play with one another, on their own or with other players.
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    CA_Nate said:

Hi,

@Aexrael - Can you let us know what some of the subscribed mods are ?

@Argon - Verifying your Game files should fix this issue and if it still occurs, the file should be placed into quarantine and you should be able to remove it. Also could you let us know what Anti-virus software you are using ?

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate

I am using avast, and yes, it gets completely removed, a fix should be put the game folder as exception but I am not confortable with, If you can fix that would be cool
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • JesusVsJudasJesusVsJudas Registered Users Posts: 1
    Okay so slight issues I'm having every time i boot the launcher im greeted with this message "Your mod data seems to be corrupted. All mods have been deactivated" i click okay the it proceeds to load indefinitely. That itself is one issues but the bigger issue is it seems to be constantly pulling workshop files and in turn eating up my hard drive space. Odder still is the temp files it seems to create dont seem to exist and the only way to get back my hard drive space is to reboot my PC. Any suggestions.

I did update my drivers the other day to Nvidia 419.17 so im going to roll back see if that helps.
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    Why on earth did you do this, and why did you do it with zero warning and zero testing?

The mod manager is an utter disaster. It has now stuck for me where I cannot enable or disable any mods - every time I do it clicks over from enabled to disabled, or vice versa, then automatically goes back to its previous setting 2 seconds latyer.

You have literally made the game unplayable, as well as voided dozens of hours of my saved games that now can't be retrieved because it isn't possible to load the mods in use for them.

This is one of the most disappointing, frustrating and useless things you have done as a company...and it's not like there isn't a pretty long list to choose from.

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,524
    You know this has been in beta for weeks? Don't tell there was zero warning and zero testing.

But I agree it is a big mess

• SagrandaSagranda Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    The beta has been up since the end of November, while the "What the teams are working on" blog posts from November and January also mentioned it.

The result though, damn, that's a big "oopsie".
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • FerndiggityFerndiggity Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    -deleted
    Post edited by Ferndiggity on
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,272
    As I'm a pretty birdbrained "tinkerer" I'd find it nice if the launcher could inform me whether my mods are outdated or not.

(It sounds and is relatively silly but I'd appreciate it personally)
  • NorseZaibatsuNorseZaibatsu Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    Hmmm, I've had a bit of a think about what features I'd like to see, beyond just the stability fixing I'm sure is already on the agenda.

I'd like a name filter. Begin typing in it and it'll only show mods that contain what you've written so far in their title. A quick and easy way to find mods when you've got a burgeoning pile.

Secondly, more visible version control. Display the game version loud and proud yes. But also display on each mod which version it was made for, this gives the user good feedback as to whether the mod likely still works, how far behind it is and the like. Instead of a nebulous "out of date" message.
  • JohnZotackJohnZotack Registered Users Posts: 3
    Well,thank you CA for this new launcher!

I'm working on a mod for over two months now,and when the game launcher get updated "My mod" become unplayable.The game will CTD if "My mod" was enabled.It's still a wip mod but I'm really close to finish it,but now I can't test anything,can't even upload to the workshop!!!!(Failed to upload to Workshop message pops up every time I try it)

Luckly I reverted to the "old" launcher and everything works fine as was before the update.....so "My wip mod" is fine,but the new launcher is Not fine at all.

I'm working on a mod for over two months now,and when the game launcher get updated "My mod" become unplayable.The game will CTD if "My mod" was enabled.It's still a wip mod but I'm really close to finish it,but now I can't test anything,can't even upload to the workshop!!!!(Failed to upload to Workshop message pops up every time I try it)

Luckly I reverted to the "old" launcher and everything works fine as was before the update.....so "My wip mod" is fine,but the new launcher is Not fine at all.

Oh please please please tell me how did you revert?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,032

Oh please please please tell me how did you revert?
    I think there is a beta called launcher release candidate or similar that you might try.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • JohnZotackJohnZotack Registered Users Posts: 3
    Yep, just right click on Total War---->Properties----->Betas----->launcher_release_candidate-

Thats it :)
    I rescind my previous, emotion-driven comment. However, if the option to revert is removed I will be making similar comments in the future.
  • ThesleeperThesleeper Registered Users Posts: 1
    i swear i have done everything you say to do and still my launcher is not working PLZ HELP
  • DannStark95DannStark95 Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2019
    Seems there's some sort of performance issue specifically with AA, on some maps

Try and replicate: (bad)
    -Custom battle
    -Culchan Plains
    -Max settings (aa on 2x or higher)
    =15 fps

Same settings: (normal)
    -Central chaos wastes(i think, the one above culchan plains)
    -70-80fps

GTX 1070 i5 8600k I have over 1600 hours on both Warhammers with no performance issues anywhere this bad. Almost had a heart attack thought my PC was dying until i tested the other maps, and other high-end games i own to notice no performance issues

*latest Nvidia drivers
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,867
    edited February 2019
    Just some feedback.

I did some start pos edits in Dave and exported and compiled them with BoB. No issues found and I have been playing the edited startpos with the new launcher. Playing as Mousillon, with no rogue navies.

Nice launcher, but a small suggestion: make it easier to sort mods rather than dragging them around. If you have a lot, that can be quite tedious and time consuming.

Thanks for the workshop link in the laucher also, seriously, love it!
    Post edited by Lucifer on

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • CoreliasCorelias Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    in Rome 2 there are 2 Mods listed that are no mods: movies.pack and movies_rome2.pack
    These are original files of Rome 2
  • SlowFoShowCASlowFoShowCA Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 12
    Corelias said:

in Rome 2 there are 2 Mods listed that are no mods: movies.pack and movies_rome2.pack
    These are original files of Rome 2

We are aware of this issue, they have no impact on the game as long as you keep them disabled.
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • EandirEandir Registered Users Posts: 2
    First of all, the launcher looks nice.
    But unfortunately since the update I can't play any game anymore. I own "Medieval 2", "Rome 2" and "Attila" and with every game it's the same issue: nothing happens when I click on the "Play" button, the game never starts. Same thing when I click "continue campaign". I have the "Notice" sign above the "Play" button which says "Please check that you are running the latest version of your hardware drivers". And the mods never load, when I choose the "Mod manager" I get to the manager but the mods don't load. There's just the black circle that turns and turns...

I've already tried several things: I have updated the hardware drivers, deinstalled and reinstalled the game and Steam, verified the integrity of the game files, run Steam as administrator...

Has anybody else the same problem?
    Hope there is a solution, I bought these games to play them and not because I wanted to waste my time doing all kinds of updates and reinstallations...
  • File071File071 Registered Users Posts: 6
    For some reason, because of this new launcher maybe, Warhammer 2 took a big hit when it comes to performance and it is really bad. Does this have anything to do with the launcher cause above the play button, a message says "Check that you are running the latest version of your hardware drivers", which I am and the performance is still very bad ( always played on ultra settings without any problem).

Specs
    GTX 1080 Ti
    i7-6700k
    32GB RAM
    Installed on SSD
  • liuyi330liuyi330 Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    There is no “Launcher” folder in my "The Creative Assembly" folder.And the launcher still can't load,the window doesn't show at all,so I can't open any totalwar games.I tried to delete whole folder or Reinstall game,but it didn't create a new folder.

• 0_w_e_n_twitch0_w_e_n_twitch Registered Users Posts: 9
    Lucifer said:

Just some feedback.

I did some start pos edits in Dave and exported and compiled them with BoB. No issues found and I have been playing the edited startpos with the new launcher. Playing as Mousillon, with no rogue navies.

Nice launcher, but a small suggestion: make it easier to sort mods rather than dragging them around. If you have a lot, that can be quite tedious and time consuming.

Thanks for the workshop link in the laucher also, seriously, love it!
    yeah it seems like startpos edits on atilla are broken as of this update. a mod that would build on bob normally wont anymore :'(
  • AexraelAexrael Registered Users Posts: 26
    edited February 2019
    New bug.

I put a pack file in the DATA folder, vmp_hero_krell.pack, and loaded the game up a couple times testing said pack. Now I've removed the pack from the DATA folder and it doesn't show up in the list of available mods but it does however show as still being active when trying to launch the game.

https://i.imgur.com/kjb3j5m.jpg
  • DonLuchitiDonLuchiti Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm getting nothing but a greyed out launcher when I attempt to load Atilla. I've also followed the instructions of deleting the launcher folder (while launcher itself is not open) and verified the game files. What should I do now?
  • Pickelrick47Pickelrick47 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Hi all. Ever since I have heard about Creative Assembly and their many awesome strategy games like Rome Total war II and Total War Atilla, I have always wanted to be able to play a mode where I can play as either King Arthur or any Romano British Ruler during the historical Arthurian Age as I am interested in this time peroid of history. With the release of Total War Thrones of Britannia last and with the new DLC games for Rome Total war II like Empire divided and Rise of the Republic, I thought it would be a fantastic idea for Creative Assembly and Sega to create a total war game that was like a precursor to Thrones of Brittaina and an aftermath of Total War Attila that took place during the Arthurian age or Anglo saxon Brythonic war peroid of British history when the Angles, Saxons, Jutes where invading and driving out many of the local Britons to west of Britain while the British tried to fight back against the on coming tide of Germanic Invaders. I also think there should be a choice of playing 7 main Romano British kingdom as there were many during that time period and a couple of other playable factions as well. I also think that the Welsh/Romano British should be wearing armor that looks like a combination between Thrones of Brittaina and Total War Attila as this the peroid of post Roman Britian and the beinggings of what we would later see in Thrones of Brittaina. If you guys think this would be awesome addition to the Total War Saga Franchise let me in the comment section below.
  • goldenhordegoldenhorde Registered Users Posts: 1
    The new launcher just loads as a blank grey field for me, so I can't really play any Total War games anymore. I have TW warhammer, attilla and napoleon with all the DLCs for each.

• wazzilaTwazzilaT Registered Users Posts: 6

In the launcher screen I click "play" button but the game does not start. What can i do?
  • wazzilaTwazzilaT Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited February 2019
    Please do something, all this is becoming very irritating. The game doesn't start from around 5 pm. before that i can play the game normally. whyyy?