Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Total War Launcher - feedback thread

Comments

• AkinoAkino Registered Users Posts: 2
    I quit, my first initial nonsense issue was just not having the option to re-categorise the mod tag, especially the newly uploaded mods, for me they are all categorised as graphical, where unlike the old launcher it asks you as to what type of mod are you uploading.

Now my problem has worsened my game starts, my mods appear as if they are enabled, the ones in the workshop folder have the same contents as the raw mods that I have on my computer before uploading them, but some of them does not work, while some does.

And YES I've done everything on the original violet post, I will try to the others that my fellow players have been doing in hopes that they will then work.

Please, I implore you, next time do not give us a have baked product. Thanks a lot!
  • CarlosRSLCarlosRSL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    I've done ALL the fixes in the post, deleted the launcher folder 500 times, uninstalled and reinstalled my games, and the new launcher still is not working, the window still is only a grey box

I really need some suggestions about how to fix the damn thing
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,049
    At the moment I have two major problems with the new launcher:

1. Every time I want to check my mods it tells me, that they are corrupted and all of them need to be deactivated.
    2. Deleting a mod can cause the infinite loading, which forces me to exit the launcher with task manager.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Carthage, Egypt, Greek Cities, Scipii.
    BI: Romano-British, Sarmatians.
  • paamu100paamu100 Registered Users Posts: 7
    I did a simple test for the load order, with two mods of background replacement of the menu.
    Result: it is always the same that appears, regardless of the order of the two mods.
    So ; the load order does not force the loading order of the mods ...
  • chikachochikacho Registered Users Posts: 2
    How do you change DirectX version?
  • Short597Short597 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    Grace_CA said:

The new Total War Launcher is now live - read more about this here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/welcome-to-the-new-total-war-launcher

“My Launcher will not load”

• If your Launcher is not loading, please open the following location, “Drive”:\Users\”USER”\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\
    • and delete the “Launcher” folder if it is present. This will remove any corrupted or old Launcher data.
    • If you have an antivirus software installed, it may have erroneously quarantined or deleted the Launcher application. Please use the “Verify your game files” option on Steam which will redownload any missing files and either:
      • Create permissions for the launcher by making an exception
      • Disabling antivirus software whilst redownloading/ re-launching game

This did not help, the launcher does not start. Are you planning to fix the launcher? maybe you should go back to the old version until you fix all the bugs.
    Short597 said:

Grace_CA said:

The new Total War Launcher is now live - read more about this here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/welcome-to-the-new-total-war-launcher

• If your Launcher is not loading, please open the following location, “Drive”:\Users\”USER”\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\
    • and delete the “Launcher” folder if it is present. This will remove any corrupted or old Launcher data.
    • If you have an antivirus software installed, it may have erroneously quarantined or deleted the Launcher application. Please use the “Verify your game files” option on Steam which will redownload any missing files and either:

This did not help, the launcher does not start. Are you planning to fix the launcher? maybe you should go back to the old version until you fix all the bugs.
    just activate beta in properties of total war in steam to revert to the old launcher
  • MRFlackMRFlack Member Registered Users Posts: 282
    My launcher crashed while I was changing the load order for my mods. I wanted to try and improve my loading time and in the middle of reorganising my mods into what I thought would be an optimal order, the launcher suddenly went all grey and I could proceed on further.
  • TrueHellTrueHell Registered Users Posts: 10
    Quick Fix for you guys.
    NM this is the video

YOU CAN PLAY YOUR GAME WITH THIS

TrueHell said:

FOUND A FIX BOYYYYYYYSSSS.

If you're using steam. Need to go into the Properties settings for what ever total war game you're having issues with.
    Go to Betas. Select which beta you wish to opt into. Choose launcher release candidate. BING BANG BOOM you can play your game again.

Amazing, thank you for finding this.

The new launcher is completely broken.

- It lags.
    - There's no way to properly delete mods (after I delete 1 none work any longer)
    - When activating mods some will deactivate (despite being up to date) automatically.
    - Others which you have deactivated will activate again automatically.
    - Launcher tends to crash while using mod manager.

Please give us back the old launcher. It was fine. The new launcher is the one which is broken.

• AxJokesAxJokes Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hey CA,

I was updating one of my mods for Thrones of Britannia last night via the new launcher and everything updated correctly, but the update deleted my mod description in the Steam Workshop. It's not a huge deal and it only took me 5 minutes or to type it all out again, but obviously that's not something that should be happening and I wanted to report it.

[email protected]
  • AxJokesAxJokes Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2019
    Ok, I need to report two more issues that I keep seeing:

1) The launcher keeps detecting a movie pack that I don't have. Not a big deal but it shouldn't be happening:

2) This next issue is very annoying and I haven't found a fix on my end. The launcher keep detecting a ghost file or something and trying to load it even when I "Deactivate All Mods". I can't play the game at all when this pops up.

Please update soon. Thank you

• Short597Short597 Registered Users Posts: 2
    paamu100 said:

Short597 said:

Grace_CA said:

just activate beta in properties of total war in steam to revert to the old launcher
    thank you!
    AxJokes said:

Ok, I need to report two more issues that I keep seeing:

2) This next issue is very annoying and I haven't found a fix on my end. The launcher keep detecting a ghost file or something and trying to load it even when I "Deactivate All Mods". I can't play the game at all when this pops up.

Please update soon. Thank you

i got it one time, click DISABLE MODS beside PLAY and next time it will be ok no more ghost files for me
  • FiremaneFiremane Registered Users Posts: 40
    Hello. Tried everything you said, but i still have this stupid error message. I launched the game without mod, i've a very recent machine (gtx1080ti, ryzen 7, etc). Can't past this message, i don't even to see the new launcher, game won't start.

In french it means "files are locked".
  • TheDZ13TheDZ13 Registered Users Posts: 1
    hello people from the new world

i have a big problem my luncher starts but i only have a black/grey sreen i deleted the lunch folder and still the same thing i even put my anti virus off and deleted the folder and still nothing

need help

• PsychoticSoulPsychoticSoul Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2019
    Ever since the new launcher, I have repeatedly gotten the error that 'mod data has been corrupted, all mods disabled'. Which is total bunk since they worked fine under the old launcher (and simply switching back to it via Betas makes everything fine). It's not consistent either. Some days I get the error, some not.

To Solve it, I delete the launcher folder and restart steam, and the new launcher works again, but i have to manually reselect all my mods, and i play very heavily modded. (Hint hint, MOD PROFILES people)

This is rather irritating.
  • FiremaneFiremane Registered Users Posts: 40
    Ok, so, i solved my issue (with picture few post earlier). I just reinstalled the game on my other HDD.

Issued a ticket to sega, were useless and clueless, asked me to mess with visual c++2015.

Hope other people would solve their issues.
  • AxarcaAxarca Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hey folks, having some issues with the new launcher.

After installing a number of mods ("World War: All Factions Confederate" and the Tomb Kings Extended Roster and Campaign Mechanics mod made by Agemouk) I launched the game and everything worked fine. I alt + F4'd after deciding I'd rather have only the individual King mods made Agemouk rather than his overhaul.
    When I launched the game again, I noticed the World War mod hadn't activated. Checked again and it was off my subscription list. I assumed I must have unsubscribed from it accidentally while deleting the overhaul and I resubscribed.

When I launched the game again, this time with the World War mod enabled, once again it didn't seem to work. I alt + F4'd again (which is something I've done countless times during my 900+ hours of playing this game, so I doubt it'd be the issue) and deactivated the Tomb Kings mods just in case those were the problem. This time, the game refused to boot up - whenever I hit play, the launcher would become entirely grey and unresponsive. Even after removing all my mods, my launcher issues persisted.

Eventually, I decided to verify cache integrity through Steam and it told me 193 files failed to validate, but it didn't start an update. I tried to launch the game again and this time it downloaded 0kb. I tried to launch the game and it gave me an error message saying I should update [appnumber], being this number the store app number for Warhammer 2. Validating files again told me no files failed to validate.
    I proceeded with a clean reinstall and I'm now back at the "launcher goes gray on hitting play" stage. I've now changed to the beta launcher branch and the same mod setup is working fine.

I sent a ticket to Customer Service about this with as many of the files mentioned in the OP as possible, hope it helps!
  • Callum1983Callum1983 Registered Users Posts: 2
    It's buggy as hell. Very unresponsive and quick to turn completely greyed out. Takes a heavy while to select each mod individually, whilst it doesn't give any progress in why it's doing so, in contrast to the previous launcher where the individual mod in the mod manager at least had a loading bar when it was being reacquired. Also, this is only just the case if it even manages to stay active at all. Activating a mod doesn't work half of the time. It switches to green, and then of its own accord switches off again without me clicking it. The launcher turns mods off that i switch on manually myself. Why in God's name is it doing that?
  • floorboardfloorboard Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    TheDZ13 said:

hello people from the new world

i have a big problem my luncher starts but i only have a black/grey sreen i deleted the lunch folder and still the same thing i even put my anti virus off and deleted the folder and still nothing

need help

I am having the same problem and have tried the same Steps as yourself,

If anyone else has a fix for this please comment.

Thanks!
  • kirk101kirk101 Registered Users Posts: 3
    this is the worst mod ever made every time I click on a mod to disable it it goes green and reloads ive got no way of deleting it either. ive just uploaded divide et impera and it wont load worst thing ever done by CA
  • Pickelrick47Pickelrick47 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Hi all! My launcher for Total War is just a grey screen and it is so infuriating as I can not play my games. My question is how do I fix this situation on my laptop? If anyone can help me out in any way shape or form that would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
  • Revan4221Revan4221 Registered Users Posts: 1
    My play button is not working and mods won’t show in the launcher. The game is not crashing it’s just when I click either play button it does not work it stays on the launcher and does nothing and when I click mods it just loads endlessly and I have no idea how to fix this.
  • steveof5steveof5 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi, I keep trying to start Rome 2 but every time I click the box that says play, the game wont start it just turns a different shade of gray showing that I clicked it. What can I do to make the game start up?
  • myselfnapoleonmyselfnapoleon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 441
    Since the new launcher has been released, the game Medieval : Total War (the original) keeps crashing when playing a campaign. This happens after playing a couple of minutes, especially after right clicking on a character. Please note that it used to work just fine before the launcher was updated. I tried reverting back to the previous version of the game by opting in to the beta patch, but that did not solve the problem (the game was still crashing).
    On the other hand, Shogun: Total War which is even older works perfectly fine.
  • Il_polpettaIl_polpetta Registered Users Posts: 1
    when I start rome 2 or attila, my launcher will not start. creates a gray pagnia and hangs. What should I do?