Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Total War Launcher - feedback thread

Comments

• epic_159802265821uvgoUTcepic_159802265821uvgoUTc Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2019
    About he mod manager in the launcher ...the idea looks good but :
    it has a lag
    it is difficult to navigate
    the icons are small and i use the icons to know what kind of mod my mods are.

Can I have the option of using the old mod manager ?
  • epic_159802265821uvgoUTcepic_159802265821uvgoUTc Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hi guys, i also get the movie pack in the mod manager. That file exists in the data folder but is this not a normal file of the game and not a mod ?
  • stuartnoreystuartnorey Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    I used this launcher a few times for Rome 2, everything worked fine.

Then, yesterday, I loaded up as usual and got to the launcher window. If I click on 'Mods' I get the Mod window but just a spinning circle. If I click 'Play' the button goes dark but nothing happens at all - I cannot start Rome 2 or Attila.

But I can start Warhammer ok - the only difference I see with the launcher is it lets me choose to launch with Direct X 11 or 12 (Beta).

I did not change anything! Tried verifying game files, did not work.

Tried re-installing the game from backup, did not work.

I am reluctant to uninstall and download again as my internet is very slow, it'd take about a week!

Any ideas?
  • EctelionEctelion Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited March 2019
    The "delete function" is not working for the majority of the mods i have installed,
    the strange thing is that this problem occur in all my total war games: Attila, britannia, rome 2 and warhammer 2
    deleting the launcher folder didn't fix it.

edit: i have this problem since the beta launcher
  • BeelzabuddyBeelzabuddy Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello all,

Was wondering if there is a solution to a problem that I am having. I try to play either Warhammer or Warhammer II and the launcher will load, but the launcher is completely greyed out. No interface buttons at all.

I have tried to delete the launcher files out of both folders, verifying the game files, even uninstalling and reinstalling the games but still no change.
    Any help would be great as I really miss my lizardmen!

Thank you kindly,
    Beelzabuddy
  • MurthorOathstone12MurthorOathstone12 Registered Users Posts: 68
    edited March 2019
    All of the mods I subscribed to broke when I unsubscribed from some mods that I no longer wanted in the game. I verified the game and it says it all checks out but when I play the game none of the mods end up enabling.

There is nothing wrong with the mods themselves, since I checked each mod on steam and the data is there. its just the new launcher doesn't want to enable them when I am playing the game, even though I clicked the option to have all of the mods enabled.

The only fix was to go back to the old launcher with the Launcher release candidate beta.

****Update*****

I followed the directions and deleted the launcher folder in the user data and it fixed the problem. Still the new launcher needs work because of this issue.
    Post edited by MurthorOathstone12 on
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
  • markngkpmarkngkp Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    When i tried launching my game today, the launcher became a grey box, then nothing. Game didn't load. Just nothing., Same for Warhammer II.

Tried reinstalling the game but the problem persists.

What is happening?
  • panoufpanouf Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    Hi, after the upload today, the launcher not work. I cannot access toi any game (I have Total war warhammer 1 and 2)

In beginning, my computer told i have to reinstall all; then, my computer just told have to upload the game.
    I did, but the launcher not work again

Is it normal? how long time before ir work?

I have delete the folder "launcher but without any effect.

I have heard on reddit i had to destroy a data with just number, a guy told same p^roblem and it was the solution.
    I had verify my games by steam: all is ok

Nothing work.

EDIT: Finally, the beta was worked, like in this page : https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/auxs07/new_launcher_270219_not_opening_properly/
    I think good idea to put this solution into your FAQ

second edit: the launcher work, but the game cannot charge with old launcher
    Post edited by panouf on
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,032
    panouf said:

Hi, after the upload today, the launcher not work.

I cannot access toi any game (I have Total war warhammer 1 and 2)
    Is it normal? how long time before ir work?

I have delete the folder "launcher but without any effect.
    I hope i will can play soon...

Was that the folder in appdata or in the game folders?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • panoufpanouf Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    In app data.
    when i delete it, the same appear each time i try again to go to the launcher

The beta version of launcher not work for TTW 1 and 2
  • KalweiKalwei Registered Users Posts: 1
    Nothing happens when I click play in the launcher...

Trying to launch Rome 2, Launcher loads, after click "play", launcher quits..... no response

Tried deleting launcher folder so it creates a new one. Does not work.

Tried to find crash report in appdata/roaming, but cant find it because there is no Rome2 "game title" (maybe because this is the first time im trying to load Rome2)

I have no mod data installed.

How to fix this and run the game??
  • thexfiles125thexfiles125 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    Can you guys put in an option to let me manually input the # of the sort order on the mods instead of having to drag it through 30 other mods slowly bit by bit? Seems like this would be a must have feature.

Oh and mod grouping would be great, since lots of mods have plenty of submods and it'd make managing them so much easier, surely this can't be too hard to implement.
    Post edited by thexfiles125 on
  • BaronWilhelm4BaronWilhelm4 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Recently when I launch Warhammer II, the launcher will open, I see a loading icon, and then the launcher is just a gray block on my screen. I only have Warhammer II and all dlc installed, with no mods. This problem started happening a month ago, and after recently reinstalling the problem remains
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,032

Recently when I launch Warhammer II, the launcher will open, I see a loading icon, and then the launcher is just a gray block on my screen. I only have Warhammer II and all dlc installed, with no mods. This problem started happening a month ago, and after recently reinstalling the problem remains

Go to %appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer 2\launcher and delete the contents.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • HerrickHerrick Registered Users Posts: 224
    I unsubscribe from a mod from steam and it disappears from the mod list, but when I press play the launcher says that I still have that mod activated.
    Any help?
  • LurcalLurcal Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi, i have the same problem as BaronWilhelm4 but with Rome II

Launcher open and then, full grey block after the loading nothing appearing.

Already tried to reinstall and delete launcher files and all but still not working
  • lMcGllMcGl Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    I simply can't play any Total War game since the launcher was updated. Everything tries to update but remains at 0%. I added all the exceptions from my antivirus on the Creative Assembly folder in the appdata/roaming section of my user. I've restarted steam and my PC countless times with no luck.
  • BOY123BOY123 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    I can't play a single tw game or load the mod manager. When I click play on any game the button jut blacks out and nothing happens. Also when I click on mod manager to sort my mods it just buffers (loads) and doesn't do anything, Left it for like 20 minutes but still was buffering. Can someone tell me how to fix this and help?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,698
    edited April 2019
    Sooo... CA... I recently wanted to check some stuff in Modded TW WH2... The Launcher told me something like "Mods have been damaged" or something. I reinstalled the game and redownloaded the mods.

Now it seems to work (after the third try or so)... and the launcher continously DEACTIVATES PART OF MY MODS...

And please... allow me to directly move a mod from one loading position to the next.

Edit: let me fix that. It seems to be a bit random, but it happens again and again that my mods are "damaged"
    Post edited by TheGuardianOfMetal on
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Registered Users Posts: 678
    edited April 2019
    For some reason, when I press the play button for the TW launcher, It takes a long time for the
    launcher to open the mod disable option popup.
    Post edited by slapnut1207 on
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,761
    edited April 2019
    Are any devs responding to this thread anymore? Are there any plans to fix the new launcher, or has it been left in limbo and everyone just has to figure it out by themselves?
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on
  • MurthorOathstone12MurthorOathstone12 Registered Users Posts: 68
    Sigh, Another bad Patch day, All of the mods are now busted because the Launcher is bugged to hell. Both versions at that, Old and new.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
  • sequipedaliansequipedalian Registered Users Posts: 1

Lots of complaints, no fixes. Come on, fellah - give us a bug fix! I have a slew of mods loaded and I cannot get them to work no matter what I try. Don't tell me to manually change your software - that's why we download patches! And frankly I wouldn't have subscribed to the mods if I didn't think they substantially enhanced my enjoyment of the game.
    It is a tad irritating to download a bugged update that wipes out your enjoyment of the game that you had before the update. Perhaps you can take the wad of complaints seriously and fix the bug?

Wouldn't bother to complain but is my all time favourite game......
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,215
    Ectelion said:

The "delete function" is not working for the majority of the mods i have installed,
    the strange thing is that this problem occur in all my total war games: Attila, britannia, rome 2 and warhammer 2
    deleting the launcher folder didn't fix it.

edit: i have this problem since the beta launcher

Delete them twice, back to back. I was having the same issue: Hit delete, watch it pretend to delete them, and then look at them still sitting there, installed. But if you delete it a second time, the screen will go dark for a second and it'll wipe them off the list.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,215

Sigh, Another bad Patch day, All of the mods are now busted because the Launcher is bugged to hell. Both versions at that, Old and new.

If it helps, use that third-party mod manager. Someone recommended it to me, and it fixed all my issues the update gave me.
  • The_PootisbornThe_Pootisborn Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Warhammer II Freezing launcher

I used the filter and then launched the game however the launcher froze and failed to start the game. I later tried it again without using the filter option and had no problem. I tried this with the "active" option and probably goes for the other to.

I tried it 3 times with a handful of mods.

• SchepelSchepel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,530
    The game used to open and load super fast. Past update, it takes a long time (relatively speaking) for the launcher to start up.
  • The_PootisbornThe_Pootisborn Registered Users Posts: 2
    I activated a mod (Dwarf reskin) and the launcher turned a grey color and froze. Happened randomly
  • ihq47ihq47 Registered Users Posts: 66
    Yesterday I tried mods for the first time after update. Both of the beta launcher fail to activate more than one mod, the current one suffers from the occasional gray wall of death. It happened initially, but not after a try or two, and I even tried leaving the launcher running for 30-40 minutes to see if it's a time sensitive thing, but nothing happened. So the current launcher seems to be working for me for now, I'll have to see if issues reoccur later.
  • carphuntercarphunter Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2019
    Launcher works great for TOB but if i want to play Attila and eneable a mod it first works and then after 10 seconds the switch button turns back to grey.

Not buying a single game or dlc before you guys fix your **** beta launcher. I rather have the old launcher so i can play my Total war games.

I have already tried to reinstalled total war games because a other bug in the launcher but i am affraid if i do that again it will bug TOB aswell.