Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

None of my Total War games will lauch

MrMountieMrMountie Posts: 3Registered Users
When I go to launch my games the launcher will appear and then it will crash, it will then try to update on steam again, after the update is completed it will try to launch and the popup "Steam - Error An error occurred while updating Total War: ATTILLA (corrupt content files): D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\launcher.exe"

This issue persists with all total war games, I originally discovered it when trying to boot of Thrones of Britannia.

I have tried deleting the appdata launcher folder and am currently fully reinstalling Thrones of Britannia.

What else could be the issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• MrMountieMrMountie Posts: 3Registered Users
    I should also state that I tried verifying the game files and that also did not work.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,786Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    You could try clearing your Steam download cache, repairing you Steam library folder(s), and then verify the game cache. That sometimes helps with corrupted files.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • MrMountieMrMountie Posts: 3Registered Users

You could try clearing your Steam download cache, repairing you Steam library folder(s), and then verify the game cache. That sometimes helps with corrupted files.

Thank you, will try this
  • YalenYalen Posts: 2Registered Users
    Having this same issue since yesterday, tried completely reinstalling the game, removed cache (appdata and steam download cache), tried verifying local game files. The launcher doesnt start. It says update required in steam, when I launch it it throws an error (content file locked on Launcher.exe)
    When I browse local files the launcher.exe doesnt actually exist in the location specified by the error.
  • YalenYalen Posts: 2Registered Users
    I managed to get ToB working again. This is what I did:

1. Uninstall ToB
    2. Remove content from (if any left): Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Saga Thrones of Britannia
    3. Delete content from: Steam\SteamApps\downloading\712100
    4. Restart computer
    5. Try downloading and installing again.