Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the Teams are Working on February 2019

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 319Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

It’s time for February's What the Teams are Working On blog post – find out what we’ve been up to over the last month here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-february-2019

Comments

• rafaelikedarafaelikeda Posts: 11Registered Users
    What is this "new genre", should I be worried??? :(:(:(
  • FibrizioFibrizio Posts: 2Registered Users
    Keep watching this space...warhammer 40K!:)
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,441Registered Users
    I wonder if it's an Alien Isolation follow up?
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 731Registered Users
    edited March 1

Alien Isolation is hardly what yo usually calls a FPS, even if you have some fire weapons and first person perpective. Actually we know that it is tactical FPS, which makes a new Alien Isolation title even less likely.
  • rafaelikedarafaelikeda Posts: 11Registered Users

and I was thinking that CA would make a remake of their old games ...
    Is it to dream too much?
  • MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior Member Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
    A new Total War game or a remake?
    “Victory is for those who can say "Victory is mine". Success is for those who can begin saying "I will succeed" and say "I have succeeded" in the end.”
    ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  • DeathmarchDeathmarch Senior Member Posts: 198Registered Users
    NeillBlomkamp dropped by CA HQ for a behind-the-scenes look at the development of our brand-new FPS IP!

Anthem 2 developed by sega/ca confirmed!

Ice_cream said:

Alien Isolation is hardly what yo usually calls a FPS, even if you have some fire weapons and first person perpective. Actually we know that it is tactical FPS, which makes a new Alien Isolation title even less likely.
    Neil Blomkamp, who was talking big about an Alien reboot movie, was mentioned specifically as having visited the new FPS team. They also gave their assets to IGN to make a (granted, not very good) machinima series about Alien: Isolation.

I'm guessing it's an Alien: Isolation sequel.
    Info by @Draculasaurus (seems well though out to me).

I think it's possible that an Alien clone could be followed by an Aliens clone.
  • ZanatisZanatis Posts: 39Registered Users
    And I'm here still waiting for an interesting historical title although knowing the last title I got excited about was Rome 2 in 2013 I doubt they'll get my hyped again.

What's this Access Team? New genre for TW? Just revise antiquity and you have all my money. Ain't nobody interested on new genres.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    edited March 6
    Zanatis said:

And I'm here still waiting for an interesting historical title although knowing the last title I got excited about was Rome 2 in 2013 I doubt they'll get my hyped again.

What's this Access Team? New genre for TW? Just revise antiquity and you have all my money. Ain't nobody interested on new genres.

I reckon it is a client of some kind although doubt we will see a full migration before something roughly equivalent to steam workshop can be made.
    Post edited by chrissher7 on

• TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Posts: 93Registered Users
    i think after total war 3 kingdom they just need to remake all of theirs old games , old titles that has very good idea just lack in mechanics and graphic and of course the ai behaviours
  • Steelback1109Steelback1109 Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    Maybe it’s. Lord of the Rings Total War??? I can only but dream one day CA will develop this! I’m sure everyone would love to see it come to fruition!
  • MuhsinTpdMuhsinTpd Junior Member Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (The Republic of Turkey)Posts: 126Registered Users
    Lord of the Rings Total War is very difficult I think.
    “Victory is for those who can say "Victory is mine". Success is for those who can begin saying "I will succeed" and say "I have succeeded" in the end.”
    ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  • migueljr98migueljr98 Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited March 10
    Pido porfavor que se pueda campaña de 4 jugadores.la lentitud de los turnos no le importa alos jugadores si acambio se puede jugar con más amigos juntos.

This is an English language forum, Pleast post only in English, or at least provide a translation

Via Google Translate

I ask that you can campaign with 4 players. The slowness of the turns does not matter to the players if you can play with more friends together.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • nightmanhnightmanh Posts: 7Registered Users
    hello dear totalwar team i have a recommend for u guys pls give option to create our own champion in romance mode i want make myself in game as general and play think about this please
  • Emperor_NapoleonEmperor_Napoleon Posts: 122Registered Users
    Despite the failure of Thrones of Britannia I'm still very eager to see what the new Saga title will be. Hopefully CA takes the lessons learnt from ToB and makes a better game. I think the Saga premise has a lot of potential. I'm hoping for a gunpowder-era game, since it's been so long since we' got one.
    I don't think ToB failed, it sold just under 200,000 units with very little new expense due to mostly older, touched up models being used. It was never going to sell anywhere near the amount of a AAA TW game.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,495Registered Users

Despite the failure of Thrones of Britannia I'm still very eager to see what the new Saga title will be. Hopefully CA takes the lessons learnt from ToB and makes a better game. I think the Saga premise has a lot of potential. I'm hoping for a gunpowder-era game, since it's been so long since we' got one.

People keep claiming that ToB "failed", and yet I've never seen anyone actually explain what they mean by "failed", or provide anything to support the claim other than a "mixed" review score on Steam, which frankly isn't indicative of anything.
    In fact, many of those reviews are along the lines of "boring af, go back 2 Warhammer", and make no mention of the overhauls and new mechanics & systems that proved hugely popular with players, many of which were expanded upon for 3K and look set to become standard for the series, including Warahmmer!!

Honestly, if ToB failed, why are they making another Saga game?!

People keep claiming that ToB "failed", and yet I've never seen anyone actually explain what they mean by "failed", or provide anything to support the claim other than a "mixed" review score on Steam, which frankly isn't indicative of anything.
    In fact, many of those reviews are along the lines of "boring af, go back 2 Warhammer", and make no mention of the overhauls and new mechanics & systems that proved hugely popular with players, many of which were expanded upon for 3K and look set to become standard for the series, including Warahmmer!!

When I say "failure", I'm referring to the appallingly bad staying power of the game, with it being one of the lowest played Total War games of all time at the moment, sitting below even Medieval II and Rome I (games that are over a decade older than it). The player base dropped dramatically after only a week or so back in 2018, and never recovered.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,495Registered Users

When I say "failure", I'm referring to the appallingly bad staying power of the game, with it being one of the lowest played Total War games of all time at the moment, sitting below even Medieval II and Rome I (games that are over a decade older than it). The player base dropped dramatically after only a week or so back in 2018, and never recovered.
    Yeah, the player-numbers dropped off a cliff within a few weeks, but the game was never meant to have a long life-cycle anyway.

CA always said that the Saga games were intended to act as a "test bed" for new mechanics that might be implemented into future TW games if they proved popular. Many of those changes are now in 3K (army supplies, mustering, and dilemmas for example), and look set to become standard for the series.

Some changes proved awkward, unpopular, or needed more work, like character management, faction politics, and limited building options. The relatively few players who stuck with ToB gave tonnes of feedback over the months, and CA released two updates that completely reworked and overhauled those changes.

If the game had truly failed, CA wouldn't have bothered supporting it; they certainly wouldn't have been able to justify spending resources to make such impactful updates. The reason they stuck with it and updated it was because they continued to get valuable feedback about these new systems & mechanics, which they tweaked and reworked as much as they could within the limits of the game, until they'd changed as much as they could.

Now all that feedback and those changes have been carried over and used to improve 3K. ToB must have proved successful enough in some regard for them to justify making another Saga game.
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,504Registered Users

Amen.

Saga TW is a niche product, and IMHO a solid product for those who like that sort of thing. I can readily imagine it is not everybody's cup of tea, but I doubt it was meant to be. FWIW, I like it.
  • mosestonomosestono Posts: 17Registered Users
    What the teams are working on March 2019

where is it?
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    Fibrizio said:

Keep watching this space...warhammer 40K!:)

Please this!!!
  • mosestonomosestono Posts: 17Registered Users
    come on, show us the next saga title
  • carphuntercarphunter Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    what the teams are working on April 2019 ...... nothing i guess
    :s
    ― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Really hoping that there's a 'What The Teams Are Working On' post for this month, and that they announce what the next Saga game will be.
  • carphuntercarphunter Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    What the teams are working on May 2019....... RIP devs
    I guess the 'What The Teams Are Working On' blog posts are over now...? Two months and nothing.
  • MAMO72MAMO72 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Wish you start working on a Games of Thrones Total War!!!!

Men, it would be enticing and awesome...