Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cross-DLC to get rework for Empire and GS?

Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 2,056
Since all of us will bend the knee soon before riding into glorious crusades (just my personal Preference in terms of "new" for the rework) I have been asking myself, what about the Empire? The Greenskins?
Well, what if we get two Cross-DLC to take care of this? Certainly, there is enough to justify this for both Empire and Greenskins. But how could they look like?

Well, HE VS GS has been floating around for quite some time. But what about a SKV VS Empire?
They could look like this:

THE GRIM AND THE PAUNCH

Black Orc Big Boss, Savage Orc Big Boss, River Troll, Azhag moved to Troll Country, Arachnok Spider as mount for Shamans and Black Orcs with Shields as part of free rework.

THE WOLF AND THE RAT

Gold Wizard, Amethyst Wizard, various Knightly Orders with Grandmaster as new lord, Celestial Hurricanum and the Mad Count of Averland starting in Averland as part of the free rework.

Not sure if any of this will happen but I would like it. Excluded reworked/new mechanics and that stuff on purpose. It is just about units.

Comments

• Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,242
    It's probably just going to be another campaign pack. Both Araby and Dogs of War are still out there.

Cross game DLC is still a completely fan created concept. It requires purchasers to already own other content to buy. And although CA hasn't rule it out entirely, it's still extremely unlikely to happen.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,193
    I've wanted these for a while. Great minds think alike.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,662
    Replace Eltharion with Imrik or at least turn The Grim into The Blind. Add Merwyrm and Dragon Mages to the list of High Elf units and it will become acceptable.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    edited March 2019
    Instead of just adding archers or huntsman: release the deathjacks as a vanguard deployment stirland exclusive and change crossbows to function like actual crossbows (like vampire coast pistols or other similar short range, straight line shooting, flanking ranged units.

This way we get more interesting region spacific units. Once you Confederate or conquer stirland you gain access to the death jack's as RoR or a unit only recruitable in stirland and unlock the ability to recruit normal huntsmen.

If we wanted to go the route of that mod that makes diplomacy among empire factions more interesting you could even make it so you don't get proper archers unless you assimilate the province peacefully.

Unless it's done like this, thus making the empire that little bit more interesting, I really don't see the point in giving them archers on top of weird crossbow archers.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,503

It's probably just going to be another campaign pack. Both Araby and Dogs of War are still out there.

Cross game DLC is still a completely fan created concept. It requires purchasers to already own other content to buy. And although CA hasn't rule it out entirely, it's still extremely unlikely to happen.

Very unlikely instead of a CP (CP means everytime more money for CA), maybe later.

The requirements for crossgame dlc, dlc fir dlc or even dlcs featuring mire than 2 races are very high. The amount of **** too, because of people who doesnt understabd whst they need to play it. The profit therefore will be very low.
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Registered Users Posts: 1,608

Instead of just adding archers or huntsman: release the deathjacks as a vanguard deployment stirland exclusive and change crossbows to function like actual crossbows (like vampire coast pistols or other similar short range, straight line shooting, flanking ranged units.

This way we get more interesting region spacific units. Once you Confederate or conquer stirland you gain access to the death jack's as RoR or a unit only recruitable in stirland and unlock the ability to recruit normal huntsmen.

If we wanted to go the route of that mod that makes diplomacy among empire factions more interesting you could even make it so you don't get proper archers unless you assimilate the province peacefully.

Unless it's done like this, thus making the empire that little bit more interesting, I really don't see the point in giving them archers on top of weird crossbow archers.

Archers might be redundant, but huntsmen could easily be a cool and unique unit for empire. Just make them a vanguarding, stalking, anti-large archer unit and it would give them an interesting niche without undermining crossbowmen.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
    @Wyvern2 that's why I said capturing stirland should unlock huntsmen not archers.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,020

@Wyvern2 that's why I said capturing stirland should unlock huntsmen not archers.

Huntsman aren't a province unique unit so they shouldn't be locked to Stirland.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

@Arthasmenethril I know they aren't but regardless I think if you want more empire recruitment variation that's the way to go. Especially if they keep crossbows as they are, for me lore is important but gameplay and balance trump it 10 fold. (CA break the rules for such reasons all the time)
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,020
    edited March 2019

@Arthasmenethril I know they aren't but regardless I think if you want more empire recruitment variation that's the way to go. Especially if they keep crossbows as they are, for me lore is important but gameplay and balance trump it 10 fold. (CA break the rules for such reasons all the time)

But they won't with Huntsman as they don't have a headquarters unlike the Knightly Orders which CA are doing the AoR with them not units like Huntsman.
    Edit: and under gameplay Huntsmen already do what the Deathjacks do and more (Anti large) so the Deathjacks are the boring one and will be ignored like archers would be.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

@Wyvern2 honestly if you were going to give them vanguard and all that I wouldn't even bother adding generic huntsmen, just add the deathjacks for the reasons I gave.

I think they should change the crossbows because it'd make more sense and I personally don't like that they act as archers and find them dull as a unit, I wouldn't if they had AP, shot in a straight line and got a bump to their damage however (with reduced ammunition) that's just me though, I dont know if I have reasons other than personal taste. If they add archers or huntsmen though I think changing them would be a good obvious move
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,100

Wasn't you against a cross-game DLC involving Beastmen and another race?
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    That is an interesting way to include the Middenland units that I haven't thought of yet. And Middenheim did crush the Skaven...
    For Orcs I'd do a troll pack.

Grom
    Forest Goblin Lord / Orc Melee hero (if it's not done in the FLC patch)
    Stone Troll
    River Troll
    Big Stabba

I'd be basically content to not get the spear chukka or rogue idol. Then for the HE side I wouldn't have feral anything, I'd simply have White Lion Chariots, the Archmage, Grim boy, and the Skycutter. 5 quality units would be enough for me.

@Ludbone That's off topic so I won't answer.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

@Wyvern2 honestly if you were going to give them vanguard and all that I wouldn't even bother adding generic huntsmen, just add the deathjacks for the reasons I gave.

I think they should change the crossbows because it'd make more sense and I personally don't like that they act as archers and find them dull as a unit, I wouldn't if they had AP, shot in a straight line and got a bump to their damage however (with reduced ammunition) that's just me though, I dont know if I have reasons other than personal taste. If they add archers or huntsmen though I think changing them would be a good obvious move

Generic huntsmen would be cool because it would give the empire new playstyle options. A oneoff RoR doesn't do that.

The crossbow change has been argued for a bunch of times, but xbows aren't unique to empire, and they have to separate themselves from guns somehow, so there's little to no reason they'd see change.

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 782
    Nice! I would buy them.

GS vs HE

Empire vs Moulder

Beastmen vs DE

I'm sorry to say that, but this is a bit of a undirect insult after all your intense disappointment and one-sided rant against a possible Beastmen 2nd DLC, Cross-Game or not.

Pardon me for the off-topic but sometimes things must be said.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,480
    Empire and Greenskins are not DLC factions, though.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited March 2019
    Wyvern2 said:

Generic huntsmen would be cool because it would give the empire new playstyle options. A oneoff RoR doesn't do that.

The crossbow change has been argued for a bunch of times, but xbows aren't unique to empire, and they have to separate themselves from guns somehow, so there's little to no reason they'd see change.
    No I didn't say make them RoR I'm saying if you were going to give them all that just make them deathjacks and make them a normal unit exclusive to stirland.

Adding archers or huntsmen would give reason to change them. I don't think the empire has a short range flanking straight shooting missile unit do they? So thatd make them more unique and if you got what you wanted too, now all of a sudden the empire has 2 unique units

Nice! I would buy them.

GS vs HE

Empire vs Moulder

Beastmen vs DE

I'm sorry to say that, but this is a bit of a undirect insult after all your intense disappointment and one-sided rant against a possible Beastmen 2nd DLC, Cross-Game or not.

Pardon me for the off-topic but sometimes things must be said.
    What's proposed here isn't related to the BM DLC proposal, indeed the two simply aren't equivalent. Furthermore the claims of "Intense disappointment" and a "rant" are quite simply false.

Some things must be said, that wasn't one of them.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    CA is like WG(who dont know, people who made World of tank). Both of those companies are "blind" for what comunnity wish from them.

I would pay for that kind of cross dlc. But fair price for fair work.

Wyvern2 said:

No I didn't say make them RoR I'm saying if you were going to give them all that just make them deathjacks and make them a normal unit exclusive to stirland.

Adding archers or huntsmen would give reason to change them. I don't think the empire has a short range flanking straight shooting missile unit do they? So thatd make them more unique and if you got what you wanted too, now all of a sudden the empire has 2 unique units
    What are you talking about? You literally just described free company militia. Plus it would be really weird if empire had the only flat-arc crossbows, and if a faction like dwarfs had flat-arc crossbows it would be horribly redundant with their handguns(which, tbh, flat-arc xbows would be for empire as well).

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    A niche for the Huntsmen: give then stalk, maybe snipe, Vanguard and potentially anti-large missiles. Name them "Wulfhart's hunters", like with Bugman's rangers, and done.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    @Wyvern2 with the dark elves and dwarfs I'm fine with it because they're more fantasy races and in regards to the dark elves, their crossbows are a totally different thing, almost closer to a gun. with the empire they've just plain old crossbows fired by plain old humans. Like I said before it's more personal preference.

I didn't know about free company, although the empire having guns and bows already clashes so if they had similar roles to their gun counterparts I don't see much of a problem (the issue is inherent in the faction itself)
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,273
    Wyvern2 said:

Wyvern2 said:

Plus it would be really weird if empire had the only flat-arc crossbows, and if a faction like dwarfs had flat-arc crossbows it would be horribly redundant with their handguns(which, tbh, flat-arc xbows would be for empire as well).
    Bit off-topic but, shouldn't every crossbow be flat-arc firing unlike bow-like firing in the game? Isn't it one of the defining characteristics of a crossbow to fire flat-arc, almost like a gun ?
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 782
    Canuovea said:

Empire and Greenskins are not DLC factions, though.

And where's the difference? We have already paid for the base game, which means 4 core races, and the Lord Packs.

$49.99 + $7.99 x2

Over three times the price of Beastmen.
    Still someone thinks a Beastmen Cross-Game must not happen due to Call of Beastmen price.
    This is not a price problem, this is a BS problem.

Wood Elves and WoC? They deserve a Cross-Game DLC, too.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,480
    Well, either way, it is a tad bit off topic. So lets stay on target.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    For the GS portion I hope they go troll heavy. In terms of hard to do units stone and river trolls are the real missing link.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• minche_r1minche_r1 Registered Users Posts: 9
    If you want a significant amount of new content and models for existing DLCs or potentially new cross game DLCs, unless CA and Sega drastically change their corporate philosophy( it is possible CDPR and other studios have added tons of pretty expensive to make cutscenes, gameplay features and missions as free updates for their players), the only realistic hopes are:

1, Game three bonus add ons, they could include completely rework beastman and Chaos warrior faction as a pre-order bonus for people already own game one, and as separate factions DLC for those who do not own game one. ( They will also maybe have to create a separate Mortal empire mode for people only own game 2 and 3)

2, Some kind of Warhammer master Edition after the trilogy is completed, should be free or discounted for players who own game 1,2,3. This should include most of the iconic missing content from the original 8th edition army books.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,992
    I honestly think Lions will be too difficult to animate, would like to see them though.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,538

I honestly think Lions will be too difficult to animate, would like to see them though.

If you can animate a dog/chaoshound you can animate a lion.