Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Prayer Stance for Bretonnia

IokkoIokko Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 549
Since it looks like Bretonnia is the next Old World race to get a rework, i have a simple suggestion to add flavour to their gameplay:

Add a new "Prayer" stance, which would require 50% movement to activate and deny any further movement for the turn, and it would grant the blessing of the lady to the army, lasting only until the following turn, like the lizardmen's astromancy stance.

Thematically this reflects the Bretonnians praying for the lady to help them before a tough battle, and it also reflects the tabletop, where Bretonnia could choose not to go first and pray instead, giving their army (or maybe only their knights) an additional save.

In gameplay terms this stance could be very useful if you expect a hard fight in the next turn, and if you're under siege. Maybe the stance could even grant a small replenishment boost.

Any thoughts?
Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.

Comments

• steph74steph74 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,483
    After CA has been doing absolutly nothing on the next DLC since November (4 months ago), I'm sure they are eagerly waiting for all the forumers to do their job, find ideas, give suggestions... well do their design job for them!
    When they have finished reading and compiling our suggestion, they will rush code them into the game during the last week before release of the DLC.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,092
    I hate stances which stop movement. Just cut my movement and let me move the rest of it without making me try and figure out where 50% is.

Depends on where they're going with the update and if Araby is next. Not sure I want the crusades replicated to that extent.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Registered Users Posts: 949
    Just a reminder, when Bretonnia is the next revamp than that means that it's basically done and your suggestions are a bit late. The good thing is, if its Bretonnia they will have a lot of time to rework GS and Empire so feel free to discuss them.

Just a reminder, when Bretonnia is the next revamp than that means that it's basically done and your suggestions are a bit late. The good thing is, if its Bretonnia they will have a lot of time to rework GS and Empire so feel free to discuss them.

Realistically nothing on this forum affects anything CA does. Happily that's not the point; foruming is.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Registered Users Posts: 949
    Well thats not true, if a forum is heavily frequented and topics are disucussed that could be interessting for devs they might get some inspiration from that. But even if this would be the case here its would be to late in terms of production cycles to include the idea. And when it comes to the Empire I'm pretty sure they have taken a lot of feedback because Empirefans are probably the most hardcore and demanding fans from the WH fanbase.
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,483
    I disagree. The most hardcore fans are Greenskin's. And Beastmen. And Chaos monogod, polygod, multigod and all the different sects in between. And Vampire. And Bretonnia. And HE, DE or WE. Dwarves, Lizardmen and Skaven as well.
    And don't forget Albion, Amazon, Halfling and Pygmee fans!

To sum up: everyone is usually partial to a race and quite demanding about it.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,212

Well thats not true, if a forum is heavily frequented and topics are disucussed that could be interessting for devs they might get some inspiration from that. But even if this would be the case here its would be to late in terms of production cycles to include the idea. And when it comes to the Empire I'm pretty sure they have taken a lot of feedback because Empirefans are probably the most hardcore and demanding fans from the WH fanbase.

Have Empire fans created a 100+ pages thread where they complain about the Empire's cutscene performance?

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,595

The Empire still lacking a 4th LL neatly proves my point. Thanks.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,560

Well, the Empire definitely has a lot of hardcore proponents but Beastmen have Gotrek.

Which in my mind makes it about even as to who deserves the biggest update.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,864
    Discuss the thread topic folks, not each other or other groups of fans.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,783
    Good idea, but it could be easily modded.