Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is better total war thrones of britannia or total war three kingdoms

alecwinteralecwinter Posts: 14Registered Users
Just wanted to know what new total war game I should get

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 18,453Registered Users
    Considering one game hasn't even been released yet...what kind of answer do you expect? How would anyone know how good or bad 3K is right now?

• cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,233Registered Users
    Well, Thrones of Britannia was decent if somewhat flawed on release; after all the patches, it's pretty fantastic now and a refreshing take on the traditional TW formula.

3 Kingdoms is apparently a lot bigger in scope; it's not been released yet, but from what I can gather, it's battle mechanics are a lot closer to Attila and Warhammer than they are to Thrones (which is a definite downside for me). That said, it's changes to the Campaign are significant (though perhaps may not all be as good) and all i'm hoping is that this not turn into another hot mess like Attila.
  • alecwinteralecwinter Posts: 14Registered Users
    I mean from what we have seen so far is three kingdoms better
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,055Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited March 6

Considering one game hasn't even been released yet...what kind of answer do you expect? How would anyone know how good or bad 3K is right now?

I have to agree with this. Go ahead and get Thrones if you are interested in it. It is a very good game right now, and a lot of fun to play. When 3K comes out in May, then of course, you have another decision to make. The two games are not mutually exclusive. You can alternate playing both.

Note. OP opened this same line of discussions in 3K. This thread is closed.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/237180/is-total-war-thrones-of-britannia-or-total-war-three-kingdoms#latest
    Post edited by dge1 on
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.