Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Taking Marienburg on Turn 1

awc14awc14 Posts: 5Registered Users
Hey everyone,

I got back on the Bretonnia hype train thinking about the re-work, and decided to put together a video of how to take Marienburg the frist turn and still leave you in position wipe the orcs the following turn. It's one my first videos, but I hope you find it helpful if you are struggling with their early game!

Unrelated to the video, I think it would take a lot of weight off to have every lord starting with the knights vow unlocked. Early game peasant only armies are really, really weak compared to the unbreakable undead. I'm looking forward to the potential re-work for sure!

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 4,302Registered Users
    Easy mode luring them out of Marienburg xD!

I just did a Louen Campaign the other week, wiped the first Marienburg stack to a man and then had a siege with the gorgeous GCCM Marienburg map. Rather more heavy casualties though still doable with Louen's insane starting army on Legendary.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • awc14awc14 Posts: 5Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

Easy mode luring them out of Marienburg xD!

I just did a Louen Campaign the other week, wiped the first Marienburg stack to a man and then had a siege with the gorgeous GCCM Marienburg map. Rather more heavy casualties though still doable with Louen's insane starting army on Legendary.

Yeahhh, the GCCM pack is glorious. I have a ton of fun early game with the Brets with how hard it is now. It's hard to cheese anything but the sieges as Bretonnia, so it's just charging with reckless abandon like a true Bretonnian until the low replenishment makes everything really hard on legendary. Those two trebs and the Pegasus knights do make that siege really run though.
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    I tried this one time and I got crushed by the ladz the following turn.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 4,302Registered Users
    @Rochaid29 . Yeah they came on their turn one and sieged Marienburg. But even with Louen’s heavily depleted forces from the siege of Marienburg he still has access to the best (and biggest) starting army in the game. With Pegasus Knights pulling the Orcs in all directions, isolating and killing where possible and the cavalry trying to do the same it was still very doable to lift the siege and then with some replenishment take Grung Zint the turn after.
    Lord of the Undermountain
    Yeah, that's why I like to try and take almost zero losses from Marienburg. With a lot of cycle charging you can raze Zint the following turn and be (mostly) replenished by turn 4.
  • EldrickEldrick Posts: 339Registered Users
    Good vid OP. A lot of people will find this useful. Tactics work on H/H as well.
    Eldrick said:

Good vid OP. A lot of people will find this useful. Tactics work on H/H as well.

Thank you, Eldrick! I've found that a lot of players both in here and on reddit have said that they don't quite understand how to get any income going. I hope some players do find it useful!
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 6,121Registered Users
    I do this all the time on VH
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file